One Day at MK - where to eat

Jacolis

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are first-timers to WDW and will have one day to visit MK on April 16. We plan to be there for opening at 8 a.m. with our 2 girls (7 and 9) and plan to spend the whole day at the park (not sure if they will make it to the fireworks...).

Looking for suggestions for quick service dining (we are doing our one character dinner at Chef Mickey's the night before) since we want to maximize time for the attractions.

Thinking of BoG for lunch (if wait is not to long - seems we could maybe get a FP for this?). Suggestions for dinner or lunch if BoG line up is too long?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

The best quick service meal as far as quality is probably Columbia Harbor House. If that menu doesn't look appealing to your daughters (check the menus as allears.net) then perhaps Pinnochio's Village Haus. Decent food and you might be able to get a seat overlooking the loading area for Small World. Next would be Lunching Pad.

Have you considered Plaza Restaurant? Table service meal that probably needs a reservation but you can eat there for a few dollars more per person than Be Our Guest and the food quality is much better than a quick service location. And they have very good ice cream desserts.

By the way, that's a LONG day at the park, so a table service meal like Plaza will give you a bit more time off your feet.

And finally, having eaten at Be Out Guest, I don't think I would use one of the limited fast passes for a meal.

Get a ressie at Crystal Palace before the park opens. You get in the park before it opens and get wonderful pictures. Meet pooh and friends while you are eating.

Hi all,

We are first-timers to WDW and will have one day to visit MK on April 16. We plan to be there for opening at 8 a.m. with our 2 girls (7 and 9) and plan to spend the whole day at the park (not sure if they will make it to the fireworks...).

Looking for suggestions for quick service dining (we are doing our one character dinner at Chef Mickey's the night before) since we want to maximize time for the attractions.

Thinking of BoG for lunch (if wait is not to long - seems we could maybe get a FP for this?). Suggestions for dinner or lunch if BoG line up is too long?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

If you are staying on site you could try for a FP+ for BOG. So far they only become availible around the 15th of the month preceding the one you are going to be there. It doesn't count against your normal 3FP+s. you can only get it from the BOG FP+ link.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx?username=otherUser

:cool1:

I'd say wait out BOG for lunch (as long as the line isn't obnoxiously long) then Something like Liberty tree for dinner. good food at pretty fair prices. hope this helped!

Have you considered Plaza Restaurant? Table service meal that probably needs a reservation but you can eat there for a few dollars more per person than Be Our Guest and the food quality is much better than a quick service location. And they have very good ice cream desserts.
Pecos Bills isn't bad if you like Tex Mex food. BOG is prob my favorite QS at the MK. I agree with the Plaza. I think with a long day you would appreciate the down time that a Table Service would bring.

Thanks all! My girls are good eaters so any of the above choices would work. I will check out Crystal Palace for breakfast (we are early risers so we woudl want to eat early).

THat is a good point about putting our feet up for dinner. I guess I was just worried about being locked into rezzies if it meant we lost out on flexibilty for the attractions.

The menu at Colombia Harbour House looks great. Is the lobster roll really good?

The best quick service meal as far as quality is probably Columbia Harbor House. If that menu doesn't look appealing to your daughters (check the menus as allears.net) then perhaps Pinnochio's Village Haus. Decent food and you might be able to get a seat overlooking the loading area for Small World. Next would be Lunching Pad.

By the way, that's a LONG day at the park, so a table service meal like Plaza will give you a bit more time off your feet.

And finally, having eaten at Be Out Guest, I don't think I would use one of the limited fast passes for a meal.

The fast pass for. BOG does not count as one of your ride fast pass+ it is totally separate,

We love Crystal Palace before the park opens (make sure you check that they aren't having EMH that day) but it is a TS. Worth it, but not a QS.

Our favorite QS so far is CHH. I haven't had the lobster roll though. We haven't tried BOG yet, that is on the docket for this next trip.

Our favorite eats at the park though are the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow. Quick and easy and oh so yummy. That and a Dole Whip will pretty much keep us for the day after a good breakfast.

Thanks. Shannonstar: I noticed you have stayed at POFQ. How are the breakfasts there?

I was a bit worried when I saw it was a food court only??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter