One day at Disneyland...Tuesday 9/1 or Friday 9/4?

I vote for Tues. I was there this Tues and I was pleasantly surprised at the wait times for rides. Our plan was to arrive early but as life would have it we arrived around 10am/10:30am (parks opened at 9am) so I was concerned we wouldn't get RSR FP's. Line to get into M&F parking was long, imo. Parked the car and headed for the trams. Crowded. So to my surprise, as I headed for a RSR fastpass station, we received FP's for 3:35-4:35 return! Soarin was 25 min. RSR was 45 min. Toy Story Mania was 25 min. Our trip was on the leisure side, so we browsed alot, ate alot and still the lines were non existent however the park crowd was dense. We didn't get hardly anything done at DL but Pirates and that was 20-25min. Our main goal was to see the parade/fireworks, rides weren't our priority. When we hopped over to DCA for RSR, the wait time was 80 min. (around 4pm), we waited 20 w/FP!
So if my group trip were designed around hitting the rides, Tues. was very manageable esp. with the heat. Long lines and heat are a bad combo but again we were focused on parade/fireworks/leisurely walking. Parks closed at 10pm and Soarin/River Run/Ariel were all walk on around 9:30pm-closing, not sure about DL side.
Take note: All passes were open.

Last edited:
I vote for Tues. I was there this Tues and I was pleasantly surprised at the wait times for rides. Our plan was to arrive early but as life would have it we arrived around 10am/10:30am (parks opened at 9am) so I was concerned we wouldn't get RSR FP's. Line to get into M&F parking was long, imo. Parked the car and headed for the trams. Crowded. So to my surprise, as I headed for a RSR fastpass station, we received FP's for 3:35-4:35 return! Soarin was 25 min. RSR was 45 min. Toy Story Mania was 25 min. Our trip was on the leisure side, so we browsed alot, ate alot and still the lines were non existent however the park crowd was dense. We didn't get hardly anything done at DL but Pirates and that was 20-25min. Our main goal was to see the parade/fireworks, rides weren't our priority. When we hoped over to DCA for RSR, the wait time was 80 min. (around 4pm), we waited 20 w/FP!
So if my group trip were designed around hitting the rides, Tues. was very manageable esp. with the heat. Long lines and heat are a bad combo but again we were focused on parade/fireworks/leisurely walking. Parks closed at 10pm and Soarin/River Run/Ariel were all walk on around 9:30pm-closing, not sure about DL side.
Take note: All passes were open.

Thanks for all the info! I plan to get there before park opening, but I'm hoping the single rider lines will be my new best friends. :D

I hate to hijack the thread, but what can I expect on the 1st then as a non-AP holder? The park closes to me at 9 that day but other than that, is anything else affected?

Maybe a little bit more crowded as people get off work and start heading there for the party, but honestly, I'm not sure it'll be that much of a difference in crowds from a normal evening with no passes blocked.

Just wanted to report back that last Tuesday was an awesome perfect disneyland day. I made it to DL and California adventure and road everything on my list plus some and didn't wsit more than 15 min for anything . Got there at rope drop which was something amazing I had never experienced and stayed thru fireworks. It was one of the best days I had ever had! I'm sure it will be a long time before I make it back to DL but being able to compare it to World and seeing how much "Walt influence" was packed into a more condensed area was amazing. Thanks for all the suggestions here.

...so rope drop.... so amazing in it's adult Easter egg hunt.....or in such a happy place that folks act 3rd world at a UN food truck?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter