One day at Disneyland...Tuesday 9/1 or Friday 9/4?

irishelysia

Earning My Ears
Hi guys. I am working on a plan for one day at Disneyland next week. I was planning Tuesday, 9/1 because I thought it would be the least busy and I coukd do more. But I see the park is only open 10:00 to 9:00 that day. Should I opt for Friday instead since the hours will be 9:00-12:00am ? I'm just not sure if the lesser crowds on Tuesday would make up for 4 less hours in the park, or if the crowds would even be that much worse on a Friday. I guess it is Friday before labor day.

What do you guys think is the best option for being able to see and accomplish the most ? The crowds don't bother me except that lines would be longer and I'm afraid I would miss out on doing things :(

Friday is the start of the Disneyland Half Marathon - the 5k is run that morning, so there will probably be a lot of runners in the parks afterwards. Tuesday, though it has shorter hours, would probably allow you to get a lot more done and a lot more comfortably!

Thanks for your input. Would the 60th anniversary fireworks be going on Tuesday or just Friday ?

The calendar shows the Paint the Night parade at 8pm with the fireworks at 8:35pm. As far as I've seen, they're running them every night through the fall.

One other thing I just realized - there's an annual pass holder party that night in DL, so as people get off work it may get more congested. However, I still think it'd be better than Friday!

According to the website, it's going on both days, different times, though. Also, the half marathon is this weekend, so I would think Friday would be more crowded than Tuesday.

I'm actually planning to go on Monday - can't wait! :dogdance:

The calendar shows the Paint the Night parade at 8pm with the fireworks at 8:35pm. As far as I've seen, they're running them every night through the fall.

One other thing I just realized - there's an annual pass holder party that night in DL, so as people get off work it may get more congested. However, I still think it'd be better than Friday!

Actually, it looks like that party is on Mon Aug 31, not Tue Sept 1.

Hi,

I would do Tuesday as well! I have been at Disneyland when a marathon was going on even though I was not a runner myself and it was packed. Downtown Disney is also crowded when a marathon weekend is going on so just be aware of that. Also, with the marathon aside, Fridays inside the park can be crowded because people might be making it in to a long weekend even if it is not already a 3 day weekend. Have a great time no matter what day you decide on to experience the magic.

You guys are awesome thanks for the input. Upon further review I could also swing Thursday. But I think since that pass holder party is Monday, Tuesday is still the best choice. I have not been to Disneyland, only world in 2007. I am literally so excited I could puke !! I'm just nervous I will miss out on something and living 2000+ miles away I want to see everything I can since I doubt I will have the opportunity to go back anytime soon. Eeeek!

If both offer fireworks, I'd choose Tuesday, although Friday's longer hours are tempting; no fireworks Tuesday? Friday for sure.

Tuesday, no question. The tradeoff for shorter hours is also much shorter lines. Monday and Tuesday were my favorite days when we went, we could walk on to a decent amount of rides or wait less than 20 minutes to get onto most things. Since your goal is to DO things and not just wander, the lower crowds will allow you to do more in a shorter amount of time.

There are annual passholder parties on both days. That's why the park closes at 9:00 that day.

Personally I'd go on a day that you can stay until midnight.

Good to know. I'm actually going to buy my AP on Monday, but I probably won't be able to stay for the party.

Good to know. I'm actually going to buy my AP on Monday, but I probably won't be able to stay for the party.

The party is only for people whose passes are expiring within a certain time frame. You have to have received an invitation and pre-register.

The party is only for people whose passes are expiring within a certain time frame. You have to have received an invitation and pre-register.
Do you have the info on these parties? I googled, and didn't see anything about September 1. I would imagine the reason the park closes at 9 is that we're getting out of summertime and hours are shortening.

I hate to hijack the thread, but what can I expect on the 1st then as a non-AP holder? The park closes to me at 9 that day but other than that, is anything else affected?

I'm sure the others will respond, but as far as I can tell nothing else should be affected. There are a few attractions closed for refurbishment, but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter