One childless evening in Epcot...What would you do??

Good morning! I am an obsessive planner and I'm working on our August trip. It's only our second trip ever and it'll be our first time at Epcot. We signed our 3 boys (ages 7, 7, and 4) up for a kids club evening so we can check out some of the World Showcase at our own pace. We'll only have an hour or two at most since we're also having dinner at Il Mulino. What would you do with that time? Shops? Shows? Which ones? All ideas are welcomed and appreciated :)
I would hit up favorite snack spots like a tequila taster in Mexico, crepes in France, and Bratwurst in Germany. My husband and I also really enjoy the market in Mexico being silly and trying on sombreros. Last time we went without kids, we took the time and did the pick a pearl in Japan, which was a lot of fun, and brought back pocky for the kids!

If you like adult beverages, don't miss the awesome margaritas and tequila from La Cava. It's the tequileria inside of the Mexico pavilion. Don't bother with the ones outside. Also, if you like plum wine or sake, visit the sake bar at the back of Mitsukoshi in Japan.

You might want to see some of the movies too. They can be very boring for kids. I think we dragged our poor son through all of them when he was 6. The ones in France and China are great. Canada is pretty bad; it has Martin Short.

As for dining, I have been wanting to try Spice Road Table, but DS would hate it. It's right on the water too, and I have heard has good views of Illuminations. I think they take ADRs, but I don't know if you do walk-in instead.

We have done 2 date nights at WDW: once at Jiko and week before last at V&A. It's awesome. DS9 loves the kids clubs, so it was very easy to take him. Have a great, relaxing time.

It sounds like you have a great trip planned!

We absolutely booked a kid-free trip almost entirely so we could explore World Showcase a lot more thoroughly this time (I want to see a couple of the movies!), and with a later ADR during Illuminations to boot. Nonetheless, I am pretty sure at least an hour is going to be dedicated to just sitting down with a Grey Goose Citron slush and watching the world go by.

Yes, my husband and I did that and we ended up with dinner in France. Very delightful evening. We just walked and looked at the countries. It's nice to go at a leisurely pace.

Not sure exactly, but it would probably involve alcohol.

Yup in those spots that kids really don't need to hang out ...
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
- La Cava del Tequila
- Rose & Crown Pub
- Sake Bar (back of gift shop in Japan)
- German Bier Stand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter