one cat 6 vs two cat 9 rooms?

mat526

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first cruise ever Jan. 8, 2004 (3-day Wonder) and I was thrilled to find this board. This is a fabulous resource - so thanks to all of you in advance! Here is my first, of probably many, questions. I originally booked a cat 6 for my family of 4 (me, DH, DD and DS (both 5)) then changed my mind thinking we would like more room and privacy for DH and I, and booked two cat 9 connecting rooms. (I tried to get the secret porthole cat 10's, but they were long gone...) I can tell my TA thought I was crazy to switch. I'm not worrying too much about the cost difference, just trying to figure out which of these two options is preferable. Any opinions? Thanks! -Maggie
P.S. Our current rooms are 2602/2604, not on Dave's noisy list. Should I expect some machine noise anyway?

I havent been on the ship (yet!) however...if the rooms are adjoining-which I am guessing they are...and you and your DH would like some time for yourselves...I think the 2 rooms is a great idea...this is a family vacation...which even though that is the case-you and the DH deserve to have fun too!

I would vote for the Cat 6. It's only 3 days and the view is very nice. Get a room that sleeps 4 with the pull down bed.

Save the money and use it for other things. Get the Cat 6.

Ken

My vote would be to go with the one category 6 room for the 4 of you and use the difference in money somewhere else. Since you are only going to be on there for 3 days it doesnt seem very cost effective to have 2 rooms and if you and hubby want some "down" time and your kids will stay in the kids club there you go..voila instant free parent time!! We had a cat 4 when we went on the 4 day and we were NEVER in it! There was always something we wanted to see or do and we stopped at an island every day (Nassau and Freeport) so we didnt have sea days. If you were doing a 7 day cruise then I think I would get the 2 connecting rooms just because 7 days together would be harder but a 3 nighter doesnt seem worth it to me! We are booked on the May 1st sailing and have gotten 2 connecting Cat 8's. They dont have a verandah but that is ok....we honestly dont think we would use it much with our kids being there. We usually reserve the balcony cabins for just when Hubby and I go!

Just my opinion

Heidi

Thanks so much for your insights! Having never cruised, it is hard for me to imagine just how we will want to spend our time and how much of the time we will be in the room. Maybe I'll switch back! -Maggie

Thanks so much for your insights! Having never cruised, it is hard for me to imagine just how we will want to spend our time and how much of the time we will be in the room. Maybe I'll switch back! -Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter