One bedroom at beach club/boardwalk during Christmas

€lairebear

Mouseketeer
I’m considering booking a one bedroom at either boardwalk or beach club in December. I don’t own there so will have to book 7 months out. How hard is it to book a one bedroom at those two resorts during DVD’s popular timeframe. I don’t plan on getting a studio as I know those are typically the first to go.

Possible, but your chances are not great. Wait lists / diligent stalking could work. Pool/Garden more likely than either standard or Boardwalk view. Those last two are nearly impossible.

FWIW, if your stay includes NYE, your chances are virtually zero - if you haven't already, book a home resort that you can modify and be sure to be ready to modify the instant the window opens. Good luck!

Book at 11 months if you can. We just booked Thanksgiving the day of the 11 month window. Availability was slim then, now there is nothing available for us. Good Luck

Book at 11 months if you can. We just booked Thanksgiving the day of the 11 month window. Availability was slim then, now there is nothing available for us. Good Luck
I don’t own at boardwalk or bcv. I know studios are hard I am wondering about the one bedrooms though no interest in the studios. I just checked for now the one bedrooms are available for beach club and boardwalk. I was wondering if it’s doable at the 7 month marks since I don’t own there.

I don’t own at boardwalk or bcv. I know studios are hard I am wondering about the one bedrooms though no interest in the studios. I just checked for now the one bedrooms are available for beach club and boardwalk. I was wondering if it’s doable at the 7 month marks since I don’t own there.
Last year the 1 bedrooms at BCV and BWV (standard and pool/garden) were available on Christmas Day for a few days into the first 7 month window that covered them (so May 18). Though that is really no indication of it being possible in the future but 1 beds are your best bet for moving resorts and stalking the RAT will also be helpful in trying to get the room.

Last year the 1 bedrooms at BCV and BWV (standard and pool/garden) were available on Christmas Day for a few days into the first 7 month window that covered them (so May 18). Though that is really no indication of it being possible in the future but 1 beds are your best bet for moving resorts and stalking the RAT will also be helpful in trying to get the room.
Considering trying at those resorts. I had made sure I bought enough points so I have flexibility if I don’t get a studio I always have enough points to book a one bedroom. Between boardwalk fans beach club which one do you prefer for a one bedroom? It wi be for a family of 4 two adults and two little ones.

Considering trying at those resorts. I had made sure I bought enough points so I have flexibility if I don’t get a studio I always have enough points to book a one bedroom. Between boardwalk fans beach club which one do you prefer for a one bedroom? It wi be for a family of 4 two adults and two little ones.
I mean I have only stayed studios at both and I preferred BWV over BCV for a number of reasons (I really honestly thought it was going to be the opposite). The views are better at BWV (if doing Pool/Garden or Boardwalk) than BCV (it's more lottery what your view could be like). BCV its a long walk to some things such as the gym (though BWV does have long hallways if at the very end). The rooms seemed more maintained at BWV and the staff way more attentive. I also preferred being in the main building so much closer to amenities (especially if you get near the lobby). BCV did edge out on Epcot and Skyliner access where BWV edged out on walking to HS.

The floor plans online seem similar enough except BWV shows a balcony off the living and bedroom whereas BCV shows one only off the living room. Not sure if that is accurate.

I mean I have only stayed studios at both and I preferred BWV over BCV for a number of reasons (I really honestly thought it was going to be the opposite). The views are better at BWV (if doing Pool/Garden or Boardwalk) than BCV (it's more lottery what your view could be like). BCV its a long walk to some things such as the gym (though BWV does have long hallways if at the very end). The rooms seemed more maintained at BWV and the staff way more attentive. I also preferred being in the main building so much closer to amenities (especially if you get near the lobby). BCV did edge out on Epcot and Skyliner access where BWV edged out on walking to HS.

The floor plans online seem similar enough except BWV shows a balcony off the living and bedroom whereas BCV shows one only off the living room. Not sure if that is accurate.
That’s good to know. I was looking at the room layouts for a one bedroom seemed similar. I know the clown pool will make the husband excited and happy he has this thing for clowns and the pool at beach club will be awesome for the kids. I would assume boardwalk will have a better array of food than beach club? I’ve never been to either resorts.

I would assume boardwalk will have a better array of food than beach club?
It really depends what you like. I would say Beach Club being next to Yacht Club might offer more Table Service options. However, I personally found Quick Service to be mostly lacking at all 3 compared to many of the other Deluxe Resorts. But I believe that is something other people have brought up about both places. With the closeness to Epcot and the Swan/Dolphin I know a lot people chose to just hop around for food. Both are adequate though if you want something quick while hanging out by the pool and maybe BCV is a little nicer for the Pool food options (though the space to eat is very very small).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter