Once you go Deluxe, do you ever go Moderate or Value?

We stay deluxe as we have DVC but once we travel just the two of us again I would like to spend time at Port Orleans again as we loved it

Yes for us. We've only stayed Deluxe once because of the price. Have only stayed Value once because of a poor experience, but we're headed to Pop in December with FD. We really enjoy the moderates. I'm hoping we like Pop so we can add it back into our resort choices. We just can't justify deluxe prices when we spend the majority of our days in the parks. Maybe if we planned mroe resort time we'd find it worth our money.

Yes for us as well. We flip flop between deluxe and moderate depending on each trip. We've only stayed at value once (AS Music) but I would certainly be willing to give POP a try with the recent refurbishments. POR is our favorite moderate. I can't pick a favorite deluxe because I like all of the ones we've stayed at: CR, Poly, GF, AKL and BWI. I am looking forward to eventually staying at WL, BC and YC one day.

...but we're headed to Pop in December with FD. We really enjoy the moderates. I'm hoping we like Pop so we can add it back into our resort choices...

We stayed there last time after always doing mods before, and we liked it a lot! The icons were fun, the people were friendly, and the food court was good (and you are just across the bridge from AoA, if you want to try theirs as well. We just didn't have time.)

My first three trips were at BC / Poly / BC. When I started going more frequently, I looked at the Mods to save $, tried POFQ and fell in love. It's like a charming little neighborhood and is my favorite WDW resort. After 4 stays there, I went to POP for more savings and was perfectly happy there. My next trip (whenever that is) I will probably stay at POP again because I want to try the new renovated room and the Skyliner when it opens.

My favorite thing about the deludes is location. The Epcot Resorts area is my favorite. At the end of my first POFQ stay I told a CM f they could just pick up POFQ and set it down at the back gate of Epcot it would be perfect, and I stand by that. But I'm really an ideal POP guest: I spend most of my time at the parks and really just need that safe, clean, friendly, happy Disney place to crash.

I always consider it and then can’t bring myself to do it. It’s usually the location of the deluxe resorts that swing it for us

Dawn

To be honest, we used to stay value and moderate and now that we’ve done deluxe there’s no way we could go back. I’m kind of a hotel diva so this might just be me. I’d rather cut something else out of the trip to stay at a nicer place though. Either way, have a good trip!

The only appealing value resort for me is Pop Century due to its size. I prefer to stay at the moderate or deluxe resorts...

Our first few trips we stayed Port Orleans Riverside, and loved it. Enjoyed among other things the food court, the pool, the atmosphere, and the boat to Disney Springs. Then we splurged one year and stayed at Polynesian and the perks were a lot better than Riverside--better theme, queen beds instead of doubles (which was all Riverside had at the time), monorail to Magic Kingdom (at a time when our kids were younger), monorail to Epcot (via TTC), better pool, and a wonderful view of Magic Kingdom. Then we stayed at Yacht Club one year because we got a good deal, and it was even better--fantastic pool, walk to Epcot and DHS (or boat to either), the Boardwalk across the pond, and some good food choices (though a bit lacking in quick service). Since then we've stayed at Yacht Club each trip, other than a night at Riverside. I still like Riverside, but it doesn't hold up to Yacht Club (or Poly). I'd like to stay at Contemporary or Animal Kingdom Lodge someday, but can't convince myself to stay anywhere other than Yacht Club at this point.

We go twice a year, one at a more busy time (February or April) and once at a moderately busy time (end of August). We do moderate for February/April when the rates are higher and do deluxe for August. Would we prefer to stay deluxe for both trips? Sure! That said, we want to visit twice a year, and we cannot justify paying twice the rate in February or April.

ETA- We stayed at ASMo the first night of our recent August trip before moving the BWI. We will never, ever do that again. I'm not sure if they put us in one of the worst rooms because we were only staying there 12 hours, but the room was horrendous. We would have requested a move if we were staying for any length of time. It also felt really, really small.

We started out being big Pop fans. Our first stay was less than a month after it opened! We’ve stayed in several deluxes and that’s more our norm. Stayed at POFQ a couple times. We enjoy them all. I’d have no problem staying in values or moderates now. It mostly depends on our plans and how we are budgeting. Pop will always hold a very special place in our hearts. So many great memories with our boys when they were little guys there. <3

We're DVC members, and rented points before we bought in, so we'd generally stayed at deluxe/villa level. A lot of that is because we stay at suite-style hotels whenever traveling with the kids so that we have a bedroom that we aren't sharing with the kids. We did have one DxL visit before having kids, so we knew what the moderates were like.

Last year, though, after running the Light Side Half, I got a bee in my bonnet about finishing the Kessel Run. I did a solo "commando run" trip, and really couldn't justify deluxe prices when it was just me for a few nights. So I got a decent price at POFQ and had a pretty nice time.

That said, I don't see myself staying at the values or moderates very often. Generally it'd only be if I were going alone and couldn't use the DVC points.

Currently, I like to go at least twice a year -- one time might be deluxe and the other moderate. If i go more than that, I would stay more moderate. I guess the biggest factor will always be discounts:D! I have said this before, but I am notorious for reserving, changing, cancelling, rebooking constantly--if you watch my signature line, you'll see right now I have CSR, POLY, and CSR == the last 2 might happen, might not--we'll wait and see. Before they were AKL and POLY and then POFQ and now POLY and CSR--actually just changed CSR to POR Royal Rooms since it will be my 4 year old nieces first time at Disney. Again, might change that--you never know. I have no problem with any of the moderates I've stayed at and will never hesitate to stay at CSR, POR and POFQ. Have been planning and planning and planning for a number of years to stay at CBR, but waiting and waiting and waiting for all of that construction to finally come to an end. I know people have complained about bus service at the moderates--especially POR, but I have never worried about buses. Since I've been so many times at this point, I am never in a hurry to get anywhere --if I'm late for an ADR, oh well--I'm sure Disney is losing money right!:D

When we were younger and made less money, we were fine with staying at ASMusic. Back then we spent most of our time in the parks with a short afternoon nap or pool break. We did not like CBR at all, so we actually preferred a Value over a Moderate.

Now we are older, earn more money, and prefer the comforts and conveniences of Deluxe. We prefer monorail resorts; easy travel to MK; seeing the castle from our resort; the larger beds and larger rooms; dining at signature restaurants; enjoying all of the deluxe amenities; and spending only mornings in the parks. We like viewing fireworks from our resort instead of being surrounded by a sea of humanity. The Polynesian is our all-time favorite. The relaxing vibe, smell, and Hawaiian music is truly paradise. I would still like to try Grand Floridian, and will probably have DD's wedding there. Otherwise, we are set on the Poly and have absolutely no intention of returning to Value or Moderate.

We keep saying no deluxe!! But then we rationalize walking to HS, Epcot, the Boardwalk and we end up booking deluxe. It didn't help last year when we stayed at the YC and got upgraded to club level. Now we have to say No deluxe club level!!

We’ve done all levels of resort and I’m okay with staying in a value. I haven’t actually booked a deluxe in years, because the prices are getting stupid. I can afford but won’t pay it. The only two Deluxes that are halfway reasonable now are WL and AKL.

I’ve been doing mostly moderate and value now. I save the money for experiences , shopping and food.

Just us - direct answer to OP Question....
NO. Not for 12 years, 2x per year, running. DVC owners at BRV.... All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter