Once upon a time...........

dreaming

Mouseketeer
Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who lived in pennsylvania. One day after kindergarten class her mommy and daddy showed her a letter she got from Mickey asking her to come to WDW for Thanskgiving. She was very excited to get the letter because she loved Mickey and the Princesses and had been saving money for a long time to go, and it was extra exciting that Mickey wanted her to come! She took the letter to school the next day for show and tell!

Upon arriving at the magical hotel called the Wilderness Lodge her beautiful blue eyes got bigger and bigger. Mickey had put up the most wonderful Christmas Tree and the pool was wonderful! Her daddy took her to the courtyard to look around while her mommy checked in. When she came back into the lobby a special friend of Cinderellas was with her mommy. She had a beautiful gold bag which Cinderella had sent from the castle for her with a gown, shoes, jewelry, and makeup for her. Cinderella also sent a wall hanging and an autographed picture. Cinderella's special friend told her that Cinderella wanted her to come to the castle for breakfast with all of the princesses! Boy was she excited! Then she opened a small green bag Mickey had left. It had a guest of honor badge and an autograph book and pen. Wow, was the little princess's mommy ever excited!

After checking into the princess's room which had the most amazing courtyard view, the family went to the magic kingdom. Characters were everywhere and the princess got lots of autographs - Minnie was the first and there was no line!!!!! Perfect time for the princess!

After a little while a parade started and it was very magical, lots of beautiful snow globes and characters, the princess got to wave at Mickey!!!!!

Soon the princess's father got tired and went back to the beautiful hotel. The princess and her mommy rode its a small world and ate popcorn. Just as they were leaving they heard magical music coming from the castle. They ran fast as they could to the castle and the princess's mommy put her on her shoulders. A wonderful show was happening in front of the castle with Cinderella and some other princesses and of course Mickey and his friends! The princess got to see it all and was amazed - her mommy got to watch her face which was even more magical than the show!

After the show was over the princess pleaded with her mommy to get Mickey's autograph. Her mommy took her up to the rope in front of the castle and gave her her autograph book. A lot of parents and children were pushing there books at Mickey and he seemed a little overwhelmed. Her mommy was afraid Mickey wouldn't see the princess's book since she was so small and told the princess to let her give it to Mickey. The princess got a little upset at her mommy and said "Mommy, Mickey will sign them all one at a time". Her Mommy said you are right, mommy shouldn't be pushy. Well, Mickey must have heard the princess because he came right over and bowed in front of her, took her book and signed it, and then kissed the top of her head! When she got back to the lodge she told a cm in the gift shop and two of the cm's sat right down on the floor with her and had a long talk about all the details! They told her she was very special because Mickey never even kissed them and they work for him!

The Princess knew for sure now that Mickey had been waiting for her and the Disney magic was spun for the whole trip!

The next morning the princess got up very early to get ready for the castle. She dressed and put her glimmer makeup on. All of the princesses were very nice to her and even Sleeping Beauty (her favorite) came in from California to meet her! It was a very special time and the princess's mommy recommends it to all the mommy's!

The princess spent her mornings in the parks and afternoons at the wonderful hotel. She got a lot of quality time with the characters, they are very patient and try to remind the mommies and daddies not to rush the children! This is very important to remember ( i kept forgetting).

On the day before thanksgiving the princess and her family got to go on the roof with a wonderful man named Stan to raise the flags! The views were incredible and the princess felt very special to be able to raise the flags, especially the American Flag.

One evening after seeing specto (don't miss it!) and illuminations (don't miss this either) the princess came back to her room and found a lollipop and balloons and a signed picture from Mickey thanking her for coming and asking her to please come back soon.

The princess's mommy would like to thank all of the wonderful cm's at the wilderness lodge!

The princess's mommy recommends the following to all mommies with little princesses and princes:

See all of the parades and shows - they are disney magic at its best! Go SLOW, do just what the kids want and don't try to do it all. Take time to just meander the parks and let the kids stop and feed the birds. One morning we sat on the curb and fed pieces of our cookies to the birds and my daughter adored this! Get to the parks early and leave when the crowds come, and before you get tired. Take a lot of breaks and be spontaneous! Look for characters at epcot, it seems to be less crowded, we saw Mickey there our last day and got to hug him goodbye - it was wonderful.

We live near hershey park so we didn't wait in line for rides like dumbo, my daughter didn't seem to want to. She was much more interested in the character interaction and the shows that were disney specific. She believed completely in the magic and it was wonderful.

Mostly I truly believe that the most important thing is to take time to enjoy the moment, even riding the transportation, instead of rushing to the next thing. Think of every thing as a special memory and take a few minutes to lock it away in your heart and spend a lot of time watching your childrens' faces and enjoying their smiles - this will definitely make you slow down and enjoy the moment! We rode its a small world several times and all but one time I saw very little of it because I spent the whole ride looking at my daughter and I will never forget the wonder of her expressions and her excitement! Remember, everything you didn't get to do this trip is just one more reason to go back!

If I can answer any questions please let me know. I hope everyone's trip is as special as ours was!:)

I just love your report! You are a wonderful mommy to make your trip so special for your daughter. (I'm sure daddy is wonderful too! ;) ) I wish my girls were young enough to do this for them.

What a beautiful and magical story. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us.

Katholyn

What a wonderful mother you are!! You have created very special memories for your princess!!

What a great report. You almost made me cry!!!! OK, you did make me cry! I think you are a great mom and hope that I can make some of the same great memorieswith my neice and nephew as you did with your daughter. If you ever need a daughter or a nanny, jsut let me know! Thanks for the great story. Me and my DH will be leaving on January 11th and I just can't wait!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments on my mommy skills, but it makes me laugh because I have never looked at it from the pespective of being a good mom. I waited so long to be a mommy that these are all things i dreamed of having the privelege of doing for years and believe me when i say that i am the luckiest person in the world to have had God chose me to adopt my beautiful princess!

OK now you have really made me cry. I gave a son up for adoption just about 12 years ago and knew I was doing the right thing for many reasons. I am sure that his parents love him just as much as you love your adopted daughter and that is just the greatest news on earth. As a birth mother it is hard not to wonder what is going in in their lives...could anybody ever love them as much as you? Well you have answered my questions! Obviously yes, yes, yes! Thank you fro sharing your story and giving me the reassurance that once again I have made a great decision in my life by giving up a son to have the opportunity to have a great set of parents just like you. ( I know this because his mom sends me a yearly update of the things he has learned and all the places he has gone. Your stories are very similar!:) Thanks agian! You have really made my day!

Dreaming.... you definitely give us Pennsylvanians a good name!
I am your neighbor - I live in Mechanicsburg.
We are flying out of Harrisburg on Thursday for a fun filled week end with the mouse and some great friends from Minnesota.

My daughter is 3 1/2 and this is her third trip.
My son is 9 1/2 and it will be his fifth trip.
Each trip has been magical but not quite as dramatically exciting as yours!
Hoping the Pixie Dust will float my way in the wind the next few days.

Glad your princess had fun. The king and queen should be proud!

Ok I don't think it is fair of you to make me cry at work :) What a great report! Reminds me of when my Princess saw the princesses and mickey and everyone else for the first time...Oh shoot now I need another tissue....

Kami

motheroftwo - i can't believe you live so close! Have a great time and enjoy all of the magic. Also i forgot to mention the osborne lights before - don't miss them, disney even arranges for snow! my daughter loved dancing around in the snow and putting on the glasses to look at all of the angles!

You are so right about taking the time to enjoy it all.... I did not watch Spectromagic this time, instead I watched my daughter watch it and it was so much fun. Last time we went, I sat next to my oldest daughter during the Little Mermaid show at MGM. Now, this movie came out when she was 4, so she WAS Ariel for about six months!!! During the finale, she reached over and we held hands...no matter how big they get they are still your babies!!

I am in tears reading this thread--one of my dearest friends hopes to adopt and you've echoed her feelings. lizdotcom99--my heart goes out to you. What a precious gift you have given someone.

What a magical report! My little Princess is a Kindergartener, too. We are arriving on December 8th and will have breakfast in the castle on the 15th. I hope our trip is as special as yours turned out to be.

Awww...This was the sweetest report I've read....Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

My little princess was four the first time she went. I'll never forget the magic of that first trip. We left the airport at 7:00 a.m. checked into the Poly by 11:00 and quickly boarded the monorail to MK. When we walked down the ramp there was Mickey as if he had been waiting just for her. There was no one else around and she ran right into his arms and got a big hug! It was one of those childhood moments you just never forget. She is now 21 and a senior at Dickinson College in Carlisle! Thanks for bringing back such wonderful memories on this cold Novemeber day. I guess that's why we keep going back over and over again.

Hi Dreaming. I too am an adopted Mom to 3 beauitful girls ages 6, 7 and 12. We leave friday night for a 2 week stay in Orlando and about 3 weeks ago I threw away all my plans and said I was going the way Walt would want us to, Look at the magic and remember the memories.

Being an adoptive Mom sometimes make me feel like the luckest MOM on earth to be choosen to be my girls Mother. Dad is pretty excited too LOL

Beth

nealymouse - i completely agree about us being lucky and i'm glad you threw away your plans and just decided to enjoy! I hope alot of magic comes your way!

Lizdotcom99 I hope your trip is all you want it to be also, thank goodness for caring people like you who make dreams come true for people like me and i'm sure your birth son feels very lucky to have a wonderful mom who loves him and a woderful birth mom who loved him and cared enough about him to put him and his future first, you should always consider yourself a mommy because putting your child first is what it is all about. :)

Dreaming and Liz we always tell our girls how much we love their birth families.We all have choices and yours gave us motherhood Liz from the bottom of my heart I thank you . Our 3 girls are not related by blood only by the heart. September we went to Capitol Hill in Washington DC for a huge celerbration on adoption and my girls were feeling sorry for the non adopted kids LOL.

Ya gotta love them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter