Once Upon a Time Projection Show to replace Celebrate the Magic

I can't even state how upset I am by this. I'm sure the new show will be cool but we are literally arriving at Disney World ON November 4 at like 11:00pm so I apparently won't even get to see it one last time. That is pretty upsetting. I am a huge fan of Celebrate the Magic, so hoping it will be back one day :(

My heart dropped when I read this. I always teared up watching this and it was always a way to wrap up our trips. The music and message is beautiful even though I never really got a spot close up to watch it well. I'm sure the new show will be nice but that nostalgia feeling won't be there anymore :(

I get the whole nostalgia thing but the parks are not museums. This is a projection show. Celebrate the Magic itself has been updated numerous times. I am incredibly excited to see this new show especially with the upgraded projectors.

I'll be interested to see how much of the lasers and pyro they incorporate from the Japanese version. I'm not expecting an exact duplicate since they're keeping Wishes, but I am hoping for something with a little more bang than Celebrate the Magic currently has.

I get the whole nostalgia thing but the parks are not museums. This is a projection show. Celebrate the Magic itself has been updated numerous times. I am incredibly excited to see this new show especially with the upgraded projectors.
It's ok to let people have a moment for nostalgia...heck, that's what brings most of us back time and time again. There are some things I truly wish were still there, but like you said, it's not a museum - but we still miss them, and it's really ok to let folks say that for a bit - especially at first when there is only a short time before something ends and something new starts. I'm sure it will be great...but some folks need to grieve a little... :)

Oh I agree. I just only recently started taking Disney trips so the newest version is the only one I've seen and it really had an impact (watched it for the first time on my first trip right after getting engaged). Lots of memories with it. I'll just have to download the music or watch my bad recordings for my fix. Unfortunately we just couldn't plan a trip down at this time and it seems like a lot of the stuff I love is going away so fast!

It's ok to let people have a moment for nostalgia...heck, that's what brings most of us back time and time again. There are some things I truly wish were still there, but like you said, it's not a museum - but we still miss them, and it's really ok to let folks say that for a bit - especially at first when there is only a short time before something ends and something new starts. I'm sure it will be great...but some folks need to grieve a little... :)
I guess I was just expecting more excitement. I don't feel attached at all to celebrate the Magic. Sure it was a good show but it's not something of the magnitude of wishes or illuminations.

I'd like to start by saying I completely agree with what you're saying and I totally understand that.

With that being said, I think people sometimes forget (probably because they are initially hit with disappointment) that (pretty much) any Disney thing ever has been filmed and is more than likely on the internet to watch somewhere. I'm sure someone like Martin has some kind of 1080p tribute video that you can cast/stream to your TV and watch every day.

Not trying to take anything away from anyone. I understand people being upset about things leaving the parks and I also understand that watching it on TV is no where near the experience of seeing it live in the parks...but if it's between never seeing it ever again for the rest of your life, or being able to watch it online every single day, I'd go with the latter. It's not like it's gone forever...it lives on in ones memories and online :)

I'll miss the song, but the show itself was getting a bit old after seeing it a dozen times largely unchanged.

Yeah, while I never really was that attached to it, especially after seeing it so many times, like the nighttime parade, I thought the technology and music was great. I'm sure the new show will be fantastic.

The only thing that bothers me is that it's another thing that is announced only a week or so before it happens. It just seems that it's another example of "we're not going to announce until we are sure..." and then roll-out happens right away. I suppose they got so burned after the ROL fiasco last Spring that they are just trying to play it safe.

I love, love, love CTM. That said - this new show sounds really exciting and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.

We are blessed enough to go to WDW every year, even if only for short visits. I just went in September with a childhood friend for her first visit and I was completely surprised at how many times I kept commenting, "I've never seen/done this before" or "it's been 5 years since I have seen/done this".

At first it was a little weird. In particular, I was hopelessly lost in Disney Springs. My next trip will be a 2 week extravaganza with family members who have never been there. There will be SO many new things I haven't see by then...I'm going to embrace the excitement and really enjoy the whole feeling of discovery rather than be the jaded Disney know-it-all.

Nice to see extended Tangled, hope its in there.

I'd like to start by saying I completely agree with what you're saying and I totally understand that.

With that being said, I think people sometimes forget (probably because they are initially hit with disappointment) that (pretty much) any Disney thing ever has been filmed and is more than likely on the internet to watch somewhere. I'm sure someone like Martin has some kind of 1080p tribute video that you can cast/stream to your TV and watch every day.

Not trying to take anything away from anyone. I understand people being upset about things leaving the parks and I also understand that watching it on TV is no where near the experience of seeing it live in the parks...but if it's between never seeing it ever again for the rest of your life, or being able to watch it online every single day, I'd go with the latter. It's not like it's gone forever...it lives on in ones memories and online :)
Any time I feel nostalgic..youtube is there to help me. No it's not the same thing at all but it sure puts a smile on my face or good chills down my spine.

I may or may not have created two playlists on youtube :ssst:...WDW rides/Universal rides annndddd anything else WDW/Universal related including Disney songs and park music

Any time I feel nostalgic..youtube is there to help me. No it's not the same thing at all but it sure puts a smile on my face or good chills down my spine.

I may or may not have created two playlists on youtube :ssst:...WDW rides/Universal rides annndddd anything else WDW/Universal related including Disney songs and park music

On top of YouTube there are other sites where you can buff up your Disney Parks digital collection. Right now my Disney Parks video collection (rides, tributes, stage shows, fireworks, parades, etc) is about 40 gigs. Barring a HD failure (and even then I have my storage set up as RAID 5) I'll always have those clips.

Definitely a good way to put myself in a good mood. :)

I'm excited to see the new show on my trip in three weeks. But I am still sad, I loved Celebrate the Magic. I do wish I could have seen it one last time and being my boyfriends first trip I wish he could have seen it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter