Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

Good morning!

I just realized that I have 10 WEEKS until my trip!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: It's getting here faster than I realized! 69 days!

And I have been complaining about weighing myself all week, saying I was going to skip weighing myself today because I had a feeling I gained weight...well, I was brave and weighed myself and lost a half of a pound! Not much, but it's better than gaining!

Anyway, in honor of 10 weeks, I'm going to try to do a top 10 list of Disney related things on my ptr for the next 10 weeks, although I only have 8 ideas for lists so far...so it might just be for the next 8 weeks! Hopefully I will think of 2 more countdowns to do, if not, I'm sure by the time I have 2 weeks to go I will be in panic mode and just doing random updates about how excited I am and can't wait any longer anyway! :laughing:

My first countdown is going to be:

TOP 10 MOMENTS FROM MY 2009 NOVEMBER TRIP!!!

10. Our first time at Le Cellier!

IMG_0400.jpg

We had lunch here and OMG, it was AMAZING!!! :lovestruc I read all the hype about it on the DIS boards and didn't see how it could be that great...and let me tell you, it was! So now, Brandon wants to go every trip, he loves it even more than I do, if he had his way, we would be eating there every night! :)

9. Conquering Manta!

MantaTop.jpg

We went to Sea World on this trip, and this is their newest roller coaster. Now I love roller coasters, but this one freaked me out because you're laying face down the whole time...I almost chickened out when we were getting on, but I was brave and did it...but never again! :eek: It is probably the scariest ride I've ever been on. I'm glad I conquered my fear, but once in my life is good enough for me! :laughing:

8. My Christmas Minnie Ears!

IMG_0394.jpg

I saw girls wearing these on the first night of our trip and I wanted a pair, but they were nowhere to be found! So the next few days we were on a mad search to find them, we asked CM's, we asked random people in the parks and no one knew where to find them! Eventually we found them in Mouse Gears and I didn't take them off for the rest of the trip! LOVE them!

7. The Space Shuttle launch

IMG_0280.jpg

Ok, not the best picture, but that is the Space Shuttle taking off! When we were at Sea World, they announced that the Space Shuttle would be taking off and if we wanted to see it to go to a certain section of the park, so we ran over! It was amazing to see it, something I never thought I would see in my life, especially since the shuttle program is ending soon!

6. The Osborne Lights

IMG_0106.jpg

So beautiful! Love the music, the lights, the snow falling, everyone needs to take a trip to WDW during the Christmas season to see the lights at least once! :)

5. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, specifically the reindeer!

IMG_0530-1.jpg

I don't want to say too much about MVMCP since I'm doing it again this year but I will say, the parade is amazing and the highlight for me was the crazy reindeer! They're just so funny, I love them! :love:

4. Meeting Marie

IMG_0392-1.jpg

Just like on my Disneymoon where I was on a mission to meet Thumper, I was on a mission in November to meet Marie, and she we found her! She was so cute, she pointed to my Minnie ears, and then to her CM helper, I think kind of saying she wanted a pair of them...then she cleaned her paws and ears like cats do, it was adorable! I hope to find her again this year!

3. The Wilderness Lodge!!!

IMG_0022-1.jpg

Ok, the WL deserves 2 pictures!

IMG_0614.jpg

LOL do you see Brandon walking away in the bottom left corner of that picture? :rotfl:

This was my first time at WL, my first deluxe resort experience, and it was so amazing! :lovestruc We both just fell in love with this place, it was such a
beautiful place to be in November, with all the Christmas decorations! I loved taking the ferry to MK, the pool was beautiful, it was so quiet and peaceful! I'm going to miss not staying there this year, but I'm really excited about POR!

2. The Castle lights

IMG_0100-1.jpg

Again, I don't want to say too much about the Castle lights, since I will save that for my TR after my upcoming trip...but just look at how beautiful it is!

And...my #1 moment from my 2009 trip...getting engaged!

IMG_0111.jpg

I took that picture with my phone and was sending it to all my friends, texting them, telling them I was engaged! :rotfl: It was a perfect place to get engaged, Brandon asked me in our room at the WL, not at a park or anything because he knows I would have freaked out with a crowd around me! We talked about getting engaged before this trip, so I kind of knew it was going to happen, but I didn't know when or how! I love my ring, it's exactly what I wanted, but it was a size too big! So the whole time I had to wear it with a band aid wrapped around the band until we got home and got it sized! It was then that I started thinking about a Disneymoon also! :rolleyes1

Hope you guys enjoyed my top 10 2009 moments! I can't wait to go back again this November, we are doing a lot of the same things as the 2009 trip, but also there is a lot of new stuff to look forward to as well! Can't wait!!!

I love your list!! I can't wait to see the Osborne lights and the castle all lit up when I go!! :goodvibes

Getting engaged at WDW is so amazing! I can't even imagine how magical that must have been! :goodvibes

I can't wait to read more lists! might copy your ideas for some of these! I want to do a list of the things I am most excited about when I reach 10 weeks, but I might break down and do it sooner! :laughing:

LOVE the list! Hmmm...I might have to do a top 10 for 06/07 & in June on my PTR now! That is a great idea!!!!

10 more weeks!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Great Top 10 List! I approve! :yes: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I also need a new pair of regular crocs. My black ones were worn almost everyday of our 2009 WDW trip, and I wore them all winter long to work. The bottoms are totally worn out...like really bald tires! :laughing: I would love to get a new pair before we go but I just bought a new bathing suit and we still need to buy our costumes for MNSSHP so I don't know if I can afford it. I'll have to check my budget over the next 2 pay periods and see what happens.

Love your flashback trip! I'm considering stealing the idea but that would be mean scanning all of my old pics because I used film for our first two trips.... I don't know if I'm that motivated!

BTW, that was some hurricane we got, huh? :lmao: I want to be a weatherman (lady?)...that way I can consistently give out wrong information at work without fear of getting fired! We didn't even get rain! It was a bit windy today but overall it was gorgeous!

I love your list! It's getting me excited for our November trip! :thumbsup2 I so wish we could make it to MVMCP this time. Those reindeer look so cute. :cloud9: And I would love to stay at WL, too. It just seems like the perfect holiday resort. If only we weren't coming in on Thanksgiving and having to pay holiday pricing. :sad2:

Your list is awesome! I wish I could get engaged at Disney, but considering my track record with relationships, who knows if I'll ever even get to that point :(

I have some pictures of WL that I'm actually going to put up in a few :)

I love your list!! I can't wait to see the Osborne lights and the castle all lit up when I go!! :goodvibes

Getting engaged at WDW is so amazing! I can't even imagine how magical that must have been! :goodvibes

I can't wait to read more lists! might copy your ideas for some of these! I want to do a list of the things I am most excited about when I reach 10 weeks, but I might break down and do it sooner! :laughing:

Thanks! :goodvibes The Osborne lights and the castle are so beautiful...I could stare at the castle for hours!

Getting engaged was pretty amazing...I wish I liked attention more because it would have been pretty cool to get engaged by the castle or something, but I would have cried if there was a crowd around me! I liked it being just us in our hotel room, it was perfect!:cool1:

I'm still trying to think of 2 more ideas for lists! :rotfl: You should just do your list now, there's no reason to wait til 10 weeks! :woohoo:

LOVE the list! Hmmm...I might have to do a top 10 for 06/07 & in June on my PTR now! That is a great idea!!!!

10 more weeks!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Thanks! You should do a top 10 list for your trips, it's fun going through all the pictures and deciding what you liked best about the trip!:banana:

Great Top 10 List! I approve! :yes:

I also need a new pair of regular crocs. My black ones were worn almost everyday of our 2009 WDW trip, and I wore them all winter long to work. The bottoms are totally worn out...like really bald tires! :laughing: I would love to get a new pair before we go but I just bought a new bathing suit and we still need to buy our costumes for MNSSHP so I don't know if I can afford it. I'll have to check my budget over the next 2 pay periods and see what happens.

Love your flashback trip! I'm considering stealing the idea but that would be mean scanning all of my old pics because I used film for our first two trips.... I don't know if I'm that motivated!

BTW, that was some hurricane we got, huh? :lmao: I want to be a weatherman (lady?)...that way I can consistently give out wrong information at work without fear of getting fired! We didn't even get rain! It was a bit windy today but overall it was gorgeous!

LOL thanks! :)

Crocs are so expensive! :eek: I have to get a new black pair though, I can't survive 9 days in WDW without them, and I also need new Teva Mush flip flops! That's about $60 right there on shoes! :sad2:

If you don't want to scan all of your old pictures if you want to do a trip flashback, just do a top 10 list, that way you will only need 10 pictures! I love seeing people's past trips!:yay:

Yeah the hurricane was a bit of a disappointment! :laughing: I didn't really want to deal with a real hurricane, but I was hoping to get sent home from work at least! I knew we weren't going to get anything!:rotfl2:

I love your list! It's getting me excited for our November trip! :thumbsup2 I so wish we could make it to MVMCP this time. Those reindeer look so cute. :cloud9: And I would love to stay at WL, too. It just seems like the perfect holiday resort. If only we weren't coming in on Thanksgiving and having to pay holiday pricing. :sad2:

Thanks! :) MVMCP is so much fun, the parade is probably my favorite Disney parade! The WL is beautiful around the holidays, it's too bad it's so expensive! I don't know how people can afford it with holiday prices! :eek:

Your list is awesome! I wish I could get engaged at Disney, but considering my track record with relationships, who knows if I'll ever even get to that point :(

I have some pictures of WL that I'm actually going to put up in a few :)

Thanks! Awww, don't worry, you will find someone who appreciates your love of Disney and hopefully you can get engaged there too! Trust me, I pretty much had to tell my DH that I wanted to get engaged there, it's not like he thought of it on his own! :rotfl:

Can't wait to see your WL pics!:love:

So I was hardly online at all yesterday, the disboards weren't working for me for hours, and by the time they were, I was leaving to go out! I went to the Disney Store and got a couple of things, which I will post in a little while, and I have to go get caught up on everyone else's PTR's!

Good morning everyone! Hope you're all having a great Labor Day! Soooo happy not to be in work today! :banana:

Like I mentioned earlier, I went to the Disney Store yesterday. We were originally going to drive to Long Island to go to the Disney Outlet, but we didn't really feel like driving for 2 hours without knowing if there would be anything good there, so I settled for the regular Disney Store in CT!

I only got 2 things:

IMG_1311-1.jpg

An Alice water bottle and

IMG_1309.jpg

a reuseable tote bag for grocery shopping. :confused3

I was hoping to get a shirt, but they really didn't have a lot, they had the same shirts that they had the last time I was there, so I was kind of disappointed! They had really cute Alice in Wonderland notebooks, which I was going to get, but I got the water bottle instead. Now I wish I got the notebook! :rotfl2:

I did get a shirt earlier in the week from Wal Mart:

IMG_1308.jpg

It's cute and it was only $7! I wish it was a different color other than gray, since the shirt I bought from the Disney Store last month is the same color gray, but whatever! :laughing: I'm hoping I can find a cute Winnie the Pooh shirt before November so I can wear it when we go to CP!

Also, Brandon and I were talking about Le Cellier when we went out to dinner the other night and I told him how we were going to eat there the last night of our trip and he said "we're only going there once????" :eek: And I said yes, and explained how I wanted to try some new places, and he was all upset and told me to try to get a second reservation! :rotfl: Sure, no problem! So I've been checking for lunch reservations for that week, but so far, nothing has come up! :confused3 I feel bad, I know he loves that place, but I told him when I made our ADR's months ago that I was going to only make us one reservation there, not 2 like on our Disneymoon and he was fine with it! Now he's all upset about it! Ughhhh!!! :rotfl: So this is going to be my mission for the next 10 weeks, stalk the November ADR cancellation thread on here and check the Disney website every day for a Le Cellier reservation! I don't even know when I can fit it in, but we'll see if anything opens first before I worry about that!

Have a great day everyone! :goodvibes

Hiii!!

I know I owe you an email; I promise I'll write back as soon as I have a chance! I'm hoping this week at work will be slower!

I love your list!

I had to tell you, I chickened out of Manta. I walked through the line, and kept on going through the boarding area. I LOVE roller coasters, but just something about laying face down on the way up scared the bejeezus out of me. That, and I'd been reading about all of these people getting stuck on the way up with the ride breaking down. My mind went "Laying there, face down, and getting stuck...with just that skimpy net underneath me? NO THANKS!"

I'm glad to hear you say that you won't do it again; I don't feel like I missed anything on that one!

DH, though, loved it. I still think he's nuts.

Crocs are so expensive! :eek: I have to get a new black pair though, I can't survive 9 days in WDW without them, and I also need new Teva Mush flip flops! That's about $60 right there on shoes! :sad2:

If you don't want to scan all of your old pictures if you want to do a trip flashback, just do a top 10 list, that way you will only need 10 pictures! I love seeing people's past trips!:yay:

Yeah the hurricane was a bit of a disappointment! :laughing: I didn't really want to deal with a real hurricane, but I was hoping to get sent home from work at least! I knew we weren't going to get anything!:rotfl2:

They really are! They make these new ones called Crocs Rx that are supposed to help with foot, back, and hip pain (which I have ALL of...at 27 years old! :sad2: ) so I was thinking about getting a pair of those instead...but for one thing they are $50 instead of $30 and for another...they are (if it's possible), even uglier than the regular Crocs! They just LOOK like their for old people! LOL I'll keep an eye out for discounts in my email and hopefully get a new pair of black ones before our trip. I definitely need them!

I'm still considering the flashback report! of course, I won't have any notes so it will just be pics (and random memories), but maybe I'll start scanning my pics today.

All we wanted was to be sent home from work early, too! But nooo....It was like a CareBears cartoon out there! :rotfl2: All bright and sunny, and not a cloud in the sky!

Wow, what a great list of memories. :goodvibes MVMCP is amazing. I can't wait to go to another one, though it's going to be hard on a teacher's schedule. :sad2: Yay for conquering Manta! That roller coaster looks fun.

I love that Alice water bottle you got too. Very cute.

Sorry I've been missing in action the last couple of days...a lot going on with work, son home from school for a couple of days, Mark and the hospital.

I love the last couple of "flashback days" and I love that you got engaged at Disney and your ring is beautiful.

Your new water bottle is cute, and I love the trick or treat bag. Mark and I may go to Yorktown Mall today and I'll see if they have a trick or treat bag for our trip in less than two weeks.

***We went to Disney Store today (Monday) and I picked up two of the same bags. :)

nice updates!! I love the trick or treat bag! I thought mine was super cute from Michaels but you beat me lol.

Hiii!!

I know I owe you an email; I promise I'll write back as soon as I have a chance! I'm hoping this week at work will be slower!

I love your list!

I had to tell you, I chickened out of Manta. I walked through the line, and kept on going through the boarding area. I LOVE roller coasters, but just something about laying face down on the way up scared the bejeezus out of me. That, and I'd been reading about all of these people getting stuck on the way up with the ride breaking down. My mind went "Laying there, face down, and getting stuck...with just that skimpy net underneath me? NO THANKS!"

I'm glad to hear you say that you won't do it again; I don't feel like I missed anything on that one!

DH, though, loved it. I still think he's nuts.

LOL don't worry about the email, I know how busy you are! :goodvibes

Um yeah, about Manta...it was broken when we first walked into the park. They were testing it with no one on it and they didn't have the coaster in the laying down position, they just had it hanging, like the coasters where you sit normally and your feet hang out? So I thought that's what it was...when we got in line when it was finally working, I saw people getting in, and once everyone was loaded on, the coaster went up and people were all the sudden face down like they were flying and I freaked out! I said there was no way I was going on that, I was about to walk out of the line, but I figured, I should try it once! It was terrible!!! There is this huge hill that you go down and your plunging toward earth head first, OMG I was SCREAMING! I hated it!!!

My DH loved it too, so he went on again without me! Nooooo thank you!

They really are! They make these new ones called Crocs Rx that are supposed to help with foot, back, and hip pain (which I have ALL of...at 27 years old! :sad2: ) so I was thinking about getting a pair of those instead...but for one thing they are $50 instead of $30 and for another...they are (if it's possible), even uglier than the regular Crocs! They just LOOK like their for old people! LOL I'll keep an eye out for discounts in my email and hopefully get a new pair of black ones before our trip. I definitely need them!

I'm still considering the flashback report! of course, I won't have any notes so it will just be pics (and random memories), but maybe I'll start scanning my pics today.

All we wanted was to be sent home from work early, too! But nooo....It was like a CareBears cartoon out there! :rotfl2: All bright and sunny, and not a cloud in the sky!

I think I've looked at those Crocs that are supposed to help your feet and back and everything, and yeah, they are ugly! If you happened to get a Sunday paper yesterday, there is a Bob's flyer in there with a 25% off coupon for shoes, so I think I'm going to get my Crocs there! If I can find black ones in my size, that is.

LOL it was like a Care Bears cartoon, that's funny! And that night there was even a rainbow near my house! :rotfl2:

Wow, what a great list of memories. :goodvibes MVMCP is amazing. I can't wait to go to another one, though it's going to be hard on a teacher's schedule. :sad2: Yay for conquering Manta! That roller coaster looks fun.

I love that Alice water bottle you got too. Very cute.

Thanks! :goodvibes I love MVMCP, but yeah, I'm sure it is hard to get there in the winter when you're a teacher! Manta is NOT fun, it's scary! But I was proud of myself for trying it once! :laughing:

Sorry I've been missing in action the last couple of days...a lot going on with work, son home from school for a couple of days, Mark and the hospital.

I love the last couple of "flashback days" and I love that you got engaged at Disney and your ring is beautiful.

Your new water bottle is cute, and I love the trick or treat bag. Mark and I may go to Yorktown Mall today and I'll see if they have a trick or treat bag for our trip in less than two weeks.

***We went to Disney Store today (Monday) and I picked up two of the same bags. :)

I know you have been dealing with a lot this summer with Mark and his hospital visits! At least you have your trip to look forward to soon so you guys can relax! :goodvibes

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my flashbacks, it was fun remembering my past trips! 2009 was easy because I took lots of pictures and it was only last year, but 2008 seems like it was so long ago for some reason!

Aren't those bags so cute! I wanted the Jack Skellington one they have on the Disney Store website but they didn't have it in the store, so I might just order it online!

The Mickey shirt is so cute! :lovestruc Does it have rhinestones on it, or is it just made to look that way?

Thanks you! :goodvibes It doesn't have rhinestones, but it is kind of glittery! :)

P.S.

Ahem.....

:bday:party::bday:

Thanks you!!! :hug:

nice updates!! I love the trick or treat bag! I thought mine was super cute from Michaels but you beat me lol.

Thanks! I don't really know what I'm going to do with that bag, other than use it for grocery shopping! I wish I was going to MNSSHP, I'd use it there! :banana:

:bday:Hope you are having a great day!

Great top 10 moments from last year. All the Christmas talk is really making me want to go one year. I know the only way to do it would be to fly and only have a long weekend to enjoy it all. Maybe one year though, all your pictures look so enticing! Of course, my favorite moment for you was your #1! How exciting and you got to spend your honeymoon there too, so lucky!

On your purchases, I absolutely must have the halloween tote. I had to look it up online, not bad and free shipping til midnight. Cute alice bottle and love the mickey shirt- what a good deal at walmart!

How funny how Brandon is about Le Cellier. I booked Tutto Italia and I am looking forward to it, but I so am wishing we had Le Cellier booked too. I still have LC booked on the day we will be at US, so hard to give it up. If only that was the time you needed, it would make it so much easier!:laughing: My dh isn't so excited that we won't be eating there though, but when we take our without kids trip we certainly will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter