Once again the Trip Planning....

Cochise

<font color=teal>Went last October and this Octobe
All goes Pete Tonge.

Virgin Direct via the agents are quoting silly money to return on the 30th October which will take the flights into the top £600's. I thought I had all this wrapped up, i dont know which way to turn now, only thing is to go back on US Airways and change in PHL.

Lets hope the clear skies policy when (if) it goes through bloodies the nose of the UK Schedule airlines so they play fair with pricing on all routes.

Try United Airlines as well, we've travelled with them the last 2 years and found them excellent.

We went with United via Washington before and found that trip OK :) Have you looked at this route?

Rob

Let me know if I need to get into TA mood. :goodvibes

I hope you sort something out soon Rob, we are looking forward to seeing you over there. We booked our flights with Direct Holidays from Manchester at £432 each on 28th October.

Sue :wave:

sorry to hear you are having problems. I know you had to change flights last year. I hope you can find something so that you do not have to for the coming year.

We are going around the same time as you and our BA flydrive price are the same price as your quote at £599 an adult and £415 a child. I hate flying and especially take off so would not be able to take two flights if a direct one is available whatever the cost!!

Good luck

Susan

I have a price for the United/BMI Codeshare but was told that it would be via 747 from MAN. Now i know that BMI do not operate a 747 so either it would be with United or another airline. A smelt a rat on that one and the agent from Ocean Florida annoyed me a little, no time to work through things.

Must you come back on 30th? I know that our wedding guests looking for flights next year have found that the BA flights are dramatically cheaper if they fly out 1st Nov, instead of any date in late October. Apparently, Nov is classed as a new 'season', and the flights get cheaper. Just a thought??

It's near half term, isn't it? Can you change your dates at all?

We have to take in the half term and we loved the three weeks. So its October for us.

Rob, what would your exact dates be?
I am often looking at flights, as my dd and her bf might be joining us in august, so i can put your dates in as well to check for you.
another idea is to look at teletext 222 and ring quite a few then try to barter between your two lowest quotes. should get a reasonable deal.

We were lookinh at the 10/10 to 30/10 but if we fly with a US carrier we can go on the 7th to 28th as they tend not to load their weekend flight prices like BA and Virgin. The kids love swimming and I cant see Sarah letting them go in November hence pre half term.

airline network-10th-30th 0ct
flying with delta
stopping at atlanta
adult £537 child £342
limited availability at this price

I would only fly direct on the 20 day hols, indirect would have to have the extra day (7th-28th). I am looking forward to finding out why the agent at Sky Deals who was looking after my details while my agent was away managed to mess this up in a big way.
I am going to have to have a serious look at another time in the year. Feb/May etc, October is way too popular.

Have you tried Dial a Flight? I hunted for about 2 weeks for best flight prices/package prices then found their web site. I managed to get two flights with BMI via Chicago for £400 each in May. I was being quoted silly money of up to £1,300 per flight -and that was indirect as well!

Hmmm even Expedia are not cheaper _

Total price for this trip: £2,310.80
Average price per passenger: £577.70

Compared to going direct with VA -

2 adults GBP 527.00 each

2 children GBP 395.00 each

Total taxes, fees, charges and surcharges. This includes the September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per segment, and carrier imposed fuel and insurance surcharges. GBP 446.80

Total GBP 2,290.80

So save £20 by going direct to VA!!!

Claire ;)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have what i consider a result.

I have booked through Trailfinders on the following:

Delta are running a relatively new service from MAN to JFK on a Boeing 767-400 (Seat Back etc) as opposed to their existing MAN to ATL which is a 767-300 with Large screens in the middle of bulkheads.
Cost £1786

Flight Times are

7/10/2006 MAN to JFK 10:30 - 13:15
JFK to MCO 14:50 - 17:37

28/10/2006 MCO to JFK 16:00 -18:32
JFK to MAN 20:30 - 08:30

I am still waiting to see if they will pricematch for £414 for a full size four door quote that i got with usrentacar.

£2200 for the flydrive. Not bad i think with some of the price rises i have seen this year.

That's more like it, Rob. I'm glad you found something you are happy with :)

Cochise said:
Delta are running a relatively new service from MAN to JFK on a Boeing 767-400 (Seat Back etc)

i love individual TVs.....i haven't been on a long distance plane in years that didn't have them and i think i'd go nuts if i had to go without......

Great news Rob, :wizard: but a shame we wont get to meet up, you fly home the day I go out.

Sue :wave:

Sue,

It had crossed my mind tonight about meeting up but i forgot you return on the 28th :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter