Onboard Laundry Question

Jay Kat

Mouseketeer
I know there are laundry facilities on the Wonder....can anyone tell me what coinage I will need? US dollars, quarters, or what? And yes, there are better things than doing laundry and yes I plan to relax and enjoy my vacation, but staying before and after and will need to do a load. Thanks for any answers!

I know there are laundry facilities on the Wonder....can anyone tell me what coinage I will need? US dollars, quarters, or what? And yes, there are better things than doing laundry and yes I plan to relax and enjoy my vacation, but staying before and after and will need to do a load. Thanks for any answers!
You use your KTTW card to pay for the washers/dryers and soap machine. It's charged to your onboard account. Don't know if it's changed, last time I was on the Wonder it was $1.00 per load (washer and dryer).

No coins needed, just swipe your Key to the World card and the charges go directly to your onboard account.

I usually bring my own detergent like Tide pods and do laundry late at night when people are going to bed.

Thanks so much both of you. I thought that might be the case - kind of a "magic band" of the sea! And yes, night is a great time for laundry! :) Bsut you might find me starting a load and taking a nice brisk walk around the deck until time for the dryer in order to walk off some soufflé or cheese platters or chicken fingers or.... :)

I think they are closer to $2.00 each now and about 45 minutes each cycle. Full dryers take two cycles. Also, it was just brought to my attention that the washers are high efficiency and require the HE soap if you bring your own.

I think they are closer to $2.00 each now and about 45 minutes each cycle. Full dryers take two cycles. Also, it was just brought to my attention that the washers are high efficiency and require the HE soap if you bring your own.
Agree they are $2 each.

HE compatible detergent will have the HE logo on the container and usually a statement about how they are safe for high efficiency washers.

A note: The washers on the ship are SMALL. We used All free & clear mighty pods (1 in a wash load) during out last cruise. I had to send each load of laundry through 3-4 full wash cycles (first with a pod; the rest just water) to get all the soap out. Very time consuming and not cheap. For our 2015 cruise I am going to bring a nalgene bottle with liquid HE detergent in it and a teaspoon to measure it out.

Have the washers on the Wonder changed since fall 2013? I used the all in one sheets that are to find now, and they worked fine. I still have some left, since that's the only time I use them, and was planning on using them again.

Ditto on the $2 per load. I got Tide travel packets for about a $1 at Target and had no trouble with too much soap. I used the pods time before last and found that they didn't dissolve all the way in the detergent drawer. (Plus, I've had a pod "pop" in my ziplock in my luggage). I also take a few dryer sheets along and use 1/2 for each dryer load.

Ditto on the $2 per load. I got Tide travel packets for about a $1 at Target and had no trouble with too much soap. I used the pods time before last and found that they didn't dissolve all the way in the detergent drawer. (Plus, I've had a pod "pop" in my ziplock in my luggage). I also take a few dryer sheets along and use 1/2 for each dryer load.

Because the pods are supposed to be placed in with the clothes. NOT the detergent drawer.

When you do laundry, be sure to check your account to make sure you are only charged for the number of cycles you buy. Sometimes the KTTW don't read properly and you end up with a few extra "swipes" charged, but Guest Services can easily adjust your account, just let them know. Also, be sure to pay attention to which card-swipe goes with the washer and which with the dryer. I've seen people add additional time to someone else's dryer because they swiped the dryer reader rather than the washer they were trying to start.

I always enjoy chatting with folks in the laundry room.

Our last cruise was a few years ago... can't remember if it's also possible to buy soap there? (We're going on the Wonder this summer). Thanks!

Our last cruise was a few years ago... can't remember if it's also possible to buy soap there? (We're going on the Wonder this summer). Thanks!

Q:
Is there laundry service?
A:
Onboard laundry and dry-cleaning services (with stateroom pickup) are available for an additional fee. Guests use their Key to the World cards to charge for laundry services. There is a 24-hour, self-service Guest laundry room with washers and dryers, along with detergent and ironing equipment. For safety reasons, the provided irons or steamers may be used in the laundry room only; personal irons cannot be brought aboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter