Onboard credits for 1st time cruisers

Like to Dis

Wish we were there!!!!!
I thought I read somewhere that 1st time cruisers get a shipboard credit. If this is true what do we need to do, our travel agent knew nothing about it........:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: pirate:

It's supposed to be noted when the reservation is first made.

As of now, there are no first time cruise shipboard credit offers for 2004 sailings. :(

We are sailing on 11/30/03. We didn't hear anything about the credit when we booked our cruise. I didn't know if it's still offered or not.

I have seen info/video request cards that you can send in and if you book, they give you a $50 on-board credit. My parents cruised for the first time, and they got the credit.

Get your TA to call DCL and give the code "REF" (DCL is very secretive about this) That's the first time cruiser credit. $50.00 for the 7 day and I think 25.00 for the 3 or 4 day.

Wendy

I am a travel agent and tried requesting code "REF" for the shipboard credit and was told it wasn't available anymore. I think I will try again though, sometimes it depend on which Disney agent answers.

Also, for those of you who haven't booked your cruise yet, a $75.00 shipboard credit is offered if you purchase "Finding Nemo". The information is on the DVD and is for new bookings only. Only offered on 4 and 7 day cruise.

I could not find anything on the NEMO cd we just got.

Where can I find the mention of a credit for the DCL?

THANKS

I bought the DVD as well but cannot find anything mentioned about the $75 onboard credit. All there was is a contest entry for a DCL cruise, a free read along book, and a fishy cracker coupon.

Again, if you're sailing in 2004, Disney has not offered any "perks" yet. Keep your eyes on the boards. If something becomes available, I'm sure that it will be mentioned here.

I just opened my Nemo and there's zippo. I don't even have a coupon for the fishy crackers.:(

So, if I'm giving my DD her Nemo DVD for Christmas, is it wrong to open it first just to get my $75 credit for our cruise :laughing:
Mike
no, I wasn't actually thinking of doing this

Regina, when we do open it, I'll send you my fishy cracker coupon :teeth:

Cruise must be booked by 1/30/04. Travel between
11/07/03 and 12/31/04. 2005 Sailings DO NOT APPLY. New Bookings only. You must cut out and send in the actual offer panel from the DVD.

Originally posted by yourtravelpro
Cruise must be booked by 1/30/04. Travel between
11/07/03 and 12/31/04. 2005 Sailings DO NOT APPLY. New Bookings only. You must cut out and send in the actual offer panel from the DVD.
I got my copy of 'Nemo' at a Disney Store and there is not a shipboard credit off inside. I wonder if the offer is only available in certain markets or issued for certain retailers.

Mayabe I will have to open it before hand. Anybody got a shrink wrap machine I can borrow?

Mike :teeth:

Regina, you still get my fishy cracker coupon!

I heard through this board about the first time cruisers shipboard credit so I sent DCL an e-mail and I now have a $25 credit. I am sailing on 4th December 2003 for 3 days.

Pays to ask .:D

Oh baby!!! I'm getting fishy crackers!!

And who says that volunteering to moderate this board doesn't have it's perks. :boat:

Well just to update those interested, the people from DCL emailed me back saying that I had to talk with my TA or call their DCL 1-800 number directly. When my wife called, they just directed her to talk with the TA, and they said that they didn't know anything about the code.

So... my wife being the resourceful woman that she is :p called up Buenavista Canada inquiring about the special Finding Nemo deal. She found out that apparently the DVD's with the special $75 onboard offer were only available through Costco. I haven't had a chance to drop into the Costco to see whether they had this offer on their DVD's, but I will try to make a trip sometime this week.

So, do you think I could finance my cruise with $75 credits from Costco? You know, buy up all the Nemo DVD's that had and then turn in the coupons. :boat:

I'll try and check also. This could be a Canadian promo.

Well bad news.... my little woman went to the local Costco here in Calgary, but unfortunately there's no coupon on the DVD's here. The really nice lady at the Costco even OPENED the DVD up (thank you Costco employees!) for her to look inside to try to find the offer. Maybe it's only in some parts of the States? That's really strange why they would limit the offer so much.

My wife did find this info:

CODE - CTC
- For Travel Between 12/01/2003 and 12/31/2003
- Book by 12/31/2003
- First time cruiser shipboard credit. Must ask specifically for code. Cannot be combined with any discount or other SBC.

from: http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-current.htm

But it doesn't specify what dollar amount the SBC might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter