Onboard Credit?? no cash???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by rwade428, Jun 16, 2004.

1. rwade428

rwade428 Mouseketeer

From a lot of threads I've been reading, it sounds like they don't deal in cash on the ships. This will be my first cruise and I don't know the ropes. Do you use your KTTW cards for EVERYTHING?? Please help. I'm taking my three sisters and we're all new to cruisin'.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RickW

RickW Mouseketeer

From the DCL website:
    That being said, the only thing you need cash for on board are tips for room service. (Since room service food is "free", there is no slip to sign, so no place to add a tip)

Everything else goes on your KTTW card.

4. rwade428

rwade428 Mouseketeer

Ok Rick...thanks for the info...but do you have to use ship board credit...Can you pay with cash?? I know I have at least one sister that will want to do it that way??

5. Hygiene99

Hygiene99 <font color=teal>I am quite the little Teapot<br><

Yes u may go on the cash system ...just put it on your account when u Board the ship.. They will give u a call when u get to limit and request more... then u will be able to use your Key To The World Card For purchases...

peter

6. RickW

RickW Mouseketeer

To clarify:
    You cannot use cash on board (for drinks, in the shops, etc.). Everything MUST go on your KTTW card.

You CAN, however, use cash to pay your on board account as Peter mentioned above. You do not need to put a credit card down.

Disney tries to make it as easy as possible to separate you from your money. :)