Onboard Booking Policy Extension

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Is there any way to extend the 24 month policy for Onboard Booking?

Is there a fee that I can pay to allow this?

Thank you for any suggestion or info.

I was also told it was a hard 24 months. We really need 2 extra weeks for next year. DCL told me "not going to happen."

I think it's already a little longer than 24 months. We just booked a placeholder on board our October 14-22 cruise and our cut of date to cruise by is Oct 28 2018

We've never needed the extension but we last traveled with a cousin of mine that needed a week longer due to a quincenera and they told them that they couldn't even give them a day past, it's a set 24 months and that is that.

I had ours processed the last possible day, July 6, and our cut off date is July 6, 2018. I really wanted to stretch it to July 10 and was told no beans. I'll plead my case when the cruises open up, but I am not expecting success.

Well, it's actually a number of days - 730 days(that roughly comes out to 24 months). Scott explains that on his blog:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/onboard-booking-benefits-expiration-date-calculator/

I was wrong, I used the calculator in this link and it was way off so I went to look at the reservation email from DCL and it says must travel by October 21, 2018. I booked it on board on October 20 that just passed.
So it is 24 months right on.
Plus one day.

Thanks everyone for your posts. I assumed as much. This never came up until now. I thought I'd ask just in case someone was able to pay a fee to extend their OBB.

I was wrong, I used the calculator in this link and it was way off so I went to look at the reservation email from DCL and it says must travel by October 21, 2018. I booked it on board on October 20 that just passed.
So it is 24 months right on.
Plus one day.
Yeah, I don't know why Scott took the trouble to explain the 730 day thing. 730 days is 2 years of 365 days each. So, exactly 24 months.

Yeah, I don't know why Scott took the trouble to explain the 730 day thing. 730 days is 2 years of 365 days each. So, exactly 24 months.

The 730 days becomes an important clarifying point when a leap-year impacts the 2-yr timeframe (making 731 days in that 2-year period). Someone might feel they are short-changed a day shy of a full 2-years when it's calculated based on 730 days instead of actual dates on the calendar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter