On the Western Fantasy 10/11/14

shmoogrrrl said:
The cruise is more than a year out at this point. I doubt most people are checking here every day. I know that I am not. :)

I'm here almost everyday, just for fun. It makes me happy to know that I have a cruise in my future. I even reread old posts, just in case I missed something.

OK, as promised a little update

I have been a busy little bee all summer long. For those of you who missed it I have a day job at Target and in February I started a Premier Designs Jewelry Show business. I've had a few shows and been doing lots of training for that. I also started my downline. So the summer left me little time to play on the DIS. Because my problem with playing on the DIS is a few minutes just turns into several hours:lmao:

And I will be flat out honest and tell y'all that the most organized thing in my life at the moment is this thread and the FE exchange! So my goal for Sept is get my house organized so my business can be organized otherwise come tax time next year I'm going to be up a creek.

I am not abandoning the thread by any means. I just have it set up that everything can ride by itself right now, and that's just exactly as i need it. when we are much closer to cruising time I plan on being a 1 business woman. And I'll have more time in general or at least a routine for what I have going on.

So i thank everybody for their patience. Cause I know y'all have been. :cool1:

Let me just state upfront that I am quite happy to run the FE exchange. :thumbsup2

I ran it on my last cruise and everyone had a good time. Since then i have gotten some helpful tips that basically has the exchange running itself at the moment, as I said in my last post. All that's really necessary right now is for me to check in with every so often and see who's coming and going, because people do switch out for whatever reason. Unless I drop dead I WILL be on this cruise:lmao:

So Dopeyfan1966, I think the website you posted is great, but there is no need for a sign up button on it at all. We can collaborate if players want to see the list published on the site though. That's easily done :thumbsup2

As to the spreadsheet itself, I'm going to leave that unpublished at least until we get much closer to cruise time. If everybody would like periodic updates I will be happy to mail them out once we hit October and 52 weeks away from the cruise. And we'll start talking sign-up deadline round about Feb. and that will go by majority rule.

I don't really see much point in starting a new thread for FE players here on the DIS. But I am open to starting a group on FB if people would like that. Let me know and I'll set it up.

I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm in playing. I'm just looking for everybody to have a good time that's all.

Sounds good to me!

October is probably when my life will calm down enough to start thinking about what to make, so sending updates would be a good idea. :) I am sure it will flux throughout the year!

Thanks for all your work!

Let me just state upfront that I am quite happy to run the FE exchange. :thumbsup2

I ran it on my last cruise and everyone had a good time. Since then i have gotten some helpful tips that basically has the exchange running itself at the moment, as I said in my last post. All that's really necessary right now is for me to check in with every so often and see who's coming and going, because people do switch out for whatever reason. Unless I drop dead I WILL be on this cruise:lmao:

So Dopeyfan1966, I think the website you posted is great, but there is no need for a sign up button on it at all. We can collaborate if players want to see the list published on the site though. That's easily done :thumbsup2

As to the spreadsheet itself, I'm going to leave that unpublished at least until we get much closer to cruise time. If everybody would like periodic updates I will be happy to mail them out once we hit October and 52 weeks away from the cruise. And we'll start talking sign-up deadline round about Feb. and that will go by majority rule.

I don't really see much point in starting a new thread for FE players here on the DIS. But I am open to starting a group on FB if people would like that. Let me know and I'll set it up.

I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm in playing. I'm just looking for everybody to have a good time that's all.

And 1 last post for the night

The roll call on post 1 will be updated tomorrow. Finishing my night by working on business stuff and have my usual 6:30am start at Target in the morning.

Good night all:cloud9:

No problem. If at any time you need help with the FE list let me know. I have no problem helping out. I've used the Google Spreadsheet before for organizing the FE list and my own site as well. I am more than happy to help out whenever needed.

As for the website. I am going to remove the Roll Call and FE pages and keep the rest. I haven't completely finished the page either. I found that one on my links is incorrect and need to change it, plus I would like to add more for those that would like to do Private Tours and for those just looking for information.

Keep Calm and Cruise On!!!!! It's getting closer by the minute.

pixiedust:

No problem. If at any time you need help with the FE list let me know. I have no problem helping out. I've used the Google Spreadsheet before for organizing the FE list and my own site as well. I am more than happy to help out whenever needed.

As for the website. I am going to remove the Roll Call and FE pages and keep the rest. I haven't completely finished the page either. I found that one on my links is incorrect and need to change it, plus I would like to add more for those that would like to do Private Tours and for those just looking for information.

pixiedust:

I haven't gone through the entire site, but a way to list if you'd be interested in dinner companions would be awesome. We are traveling with our best friends on this trip, so would probably not sign up for it (I imagine it would be awkward for complete strangers to sit at a table with people that have known each other for many years!) but before we changed dates, and should have sailed last week, we were going alone. I would have LOVED to have had the ability to eat with people that I knew that we at least had a love of Disney and the DISboards in common. :)

Sounds good to me!

October is probably when my life will calm down enough to start thinking about what to make, so sending updates would be a good idea. :) I am sure it will flux throughout the year!

Thanks for all your work!

All my work:rotfl2:

Compared to my last cruise this is nothing! On my last cruise i didn't know about these handy Google forms so everybody had to PM me, and I don't even know how many hours i spent compiling the whole thing:faint:

This new form took me round about an hour or so to create. And closer to the cruise I'll spend maybe another couple of hours with it and be done. This is soo much easier.

pixiedust:

Thank you very much for offering:thumbsup2 If i do need any help I will definitely ask. And thank you for creating the website. I have no clue how to create 1 and I'm sure they are always a work in progress. I have added it to the first post so we can all find it easy peasy:goodvibes

As promised, no thanks to my moody cable connection, the first post is updated with names and our brand new website.

I will be checking in more often here and if there are any updates to be made I'll make them on the weekends i have off from Target. That puts me on a schedule here too.

Have a great night everybody :cloud9:

I haven't gone through the entire site, but a way to list if you'd be interested in dinner companions would be awesome. We are traveling with our best friends on this trip, so would probably not sign up for it (I imagine it would be awkward for complete strangers to sit at a table with people that have known each other for many years!) but before we changed dates, and should have sailed last week, we were going alone. I would have LOVED to have had the ability to eat with people that I knew that we at least had a love of Disney and the DISboards in common. :)

I can add a list to the Dismeets Page, that way if anyone is interested they can contact each other.

Thank you very much for offering:thumbsup2 If i do need any help I will definitely ask. And thank you for creating the website. I have no clue how to create 1 and I'm sure they are always a work in progress. I have added it to the first post so we can all find it easy peasy:goodvibes

It is a lot easier to create a website than you would think. I thought it was awesome a couple years ago when this guy created one for one of our other cruises. I pretty much went to the Weebly website and started there like he did. I also pretty much copied his ideas and added them to my website. I'm amazed at how easy it is to add and update. He was on another cruise with us the next year and liked that I did what he did and kind of happy that he wasn't doing it again.

Cindy

I really needed to see this today.:) We were supposed to be on the Fantasy today, so I am feeling a little down today.:(

We felt that way two weeks ago when we were supposed to be on the Fantasy. Kind of sad, but we will all have an awesome time on this cruise!

Hi, My husband and I will be on this cruise, we booked while on the 7/27/13 EC sailing on the Fantasy. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. This will be our 6th cruise, first time with no children.

I noticed people post about downloading an app for the cruise, I was curious where I can find that or what I search for in my App Store? Thanks ��

I have one on my droid phone, it is called "Disney Vacation Countdown." It is a silhouette of Mickey with numbers in it and below it it says Days to Disney Vacation and it was free.

This will be our second Disney Cruise. We are so very excited. Our last one was October 2011 and we had to wait three years to save up enough DVC points to go again. This time we will only have 6 people... :( we will miss the rest of the family that was with us last time.

Looking forward to the countdown!

Heather

Disney23, were you on a Med cruise in 2010 or 2011, your Disboards name is familiar?

This cruise will be my very first cruise. It will be me, husband, and our son who will be three at time of sailing. I'm so glad I found this group as I know nothing about cruising.

Thanks for all of the great info.

Brandi

How do you edit your form that you have already submitted? We now have a stateroom number and dinner selection seating changed. Thanks for the help.

OK SAILORS!!!

Its time to sign up for the Fish Extender exchange:cool1:

I am your happy, harried hostess for this go round. I have done it once before and now know some tricks to make it easier on myself this time:rotfl2:

Some basic info for y'all( I live in the south if you haven't noticed ;) )

Fish Extender exchanges are a fun way to interact with your fellow cruisers on this thread and the FB group. Everybody participating MUST exchange gifts with every stateroom in their group.

You may give 1 gift per stateroom or 1 gift for everybody in the room. Its up to you and your budget. Can be big or small, local trivia pieces or just something fun. Homemade is great but if you're not crafty go ahead an buy something. Any and all gifts are greatly appreciated.

In past cruises I have gotten everything from handmade jewelery to oriental trading frames, and its all in good fun:thumbsup2

No overriding theme is necessary for gifts either. Some people have based it on Meet themes, others just wing it.

Whatever you decide please do not sign up if you have no intention of giving. Hoarding is not the point, and spoils it for those who give. Fortunately, I have not had this happen on my cruises but I have read about it happening on others, and I would hate to see it happen here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter