On the way to WDW and need ideas

Jabba20000

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

On our way to WDW and just found out my parents are 4 plus hours behind driving and we can't check in until they get here because we are using her card to pay for the room. I need ideas of how to keep busy for that long. We have no park tickets and don't want to do a sit down meal or spend a lot of money. Any ideas? We are staying at the beach club and expect to be there around 4.

TIA

Hi all,

On our way to WDW and just found out my parents are 4 plus hours behind driving and we can't check in until they get here because we are using her card to pay for the room. I need ideas of how to keep busy for that long. We have no park tickets and don't want to do a sit down meal or spend a lot of money. Any ideas? We are staying at the beach club and expect to be there around 4.

TIA

Shop at Downtown Disney.

Go to MK gates and board a boat to Grand Floridian and/or Poly to shop and see the resorts.
Same for Wilderness Lodge.

Go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and see the resort, the grounds, and a few of the animals visible there.

Hi all,

TIA

Take a walk around the Boardwalk. You can rent a surrey bike if you like. They also have take-out food on the Boardwalk - pizza, etc., if you get hungry. Fantasia mini-golf is within walking distance of BC as well - not too expensive.

Go to DTD and poke around in the shops. You can even see a movie at DTD!

Fantasia mini-golf is within walking distance of BC as well - not too expensive.

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

FantasiaGardens-Swan-Walk-092410B.jpg

Hi all, On our way to WDW and just found out my parents are 4 plus hours behind driving and we can't check in until they get here because we are using her card to pay for the room. I need ideas of how to keep busy for that long. We have no park tickets and don't want to do a sit down meal or spend a lot of money. Any ideas? We are staying at the beach club and expect to be there around 4. TIA

Stop by DTD walk around take in the sites relax..

Also Earl of Sandwich is not expensive and a great quick bite

Hi all,

TIA

Ride the monorail to the Polynesian and get Dole Whips.

Go to DTD.

All great ideas. I especially like the recommendation to go to Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom Lodge to explore. You could explore the Boardwalk area, but you will probably be doing plenty of that even after your parent's arrive--so, check out something different while you have the chance. If you go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, do not forget to check-out both Jambo and Kidani, and remember, if this is your biggest problem this week, you are having a pretty terrific week. :thumbsup2

Hi all,

TIA

Are your names on the reservation? Can't you check in by giving them any other card for now, and then change it to your mother's card when they get there? They don't charge the whole room to your card when you check in.

You pay for it

??? You pay for what? Every time when I check in, I give them my cc number and it is for "incidentals" or whatever I might charge to my room. The full charge of the room never comes till the end of my stay when you check out.

Why couldn't she just give them her card now and then switch it 4 hours later when her mother gets there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to pay off any balance ahead of your scheduled check in date? Shouldn't the room be paid for already?

I like to play a game called, "See how many forms of Disney transportation I can use". It's easy. Take a bus to the MK, then take the ferry to the TTC, then take the monorail back to the MK, then take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge & explore.

You could also take a Friendship boat to DHS, then walk over & take the bus to the AKL to explore. You're not using as many forms of transportation, but the Animal Kingdom Lodge is great for exploring & seeing animals.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to pay off any balance ahead of your scheduled check in date? Shouldn't the room be paid for already?

LOL, even more of a reason that it shouldn't matter.

Not if it's a room only reservation.

But don't they still wait till you checkout to actually charge? I am DVC so I guess it works different.

I still don't see why Disney wouldn't accommodate them if they explained the situation. Give them ANY other cc so at least they have one on file, and then switch it later.

You should be able to check in. Last year my children arrived a day before us, we give them a trip every year, and they were able to check in. It was a room only reservation and my cc# was on file. They had no issue at all. They did give a cc# to cover their expense!! I only do hotel, food and plane tickets, any other incidentals are on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter