? on the rehab at CBR

tinkpower

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving at CBR on April 27th. If I understand they are starting the rehab April 1st right? Do we know the order of buildings in which they begin?

We are staying at CBR in June and I have searched and searched but there hasn't been any OFFICIAL announcement about a refurbishment at CBR. I'm thinking it may just be more of a "refresh" since if it were a full refurb, Disney would have put more info out there. And by that I mean maybe some minor repairs and touch ups. I have seen a lot of RUMORS that have said they are switching out the full size beds for queens.

Again.... I have seen nothing official this opinion is all my own based on my own assumptions. :thumbsup2

Here's a thread on the info, but it is from 12/13:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144185&highlight=cbr+refurb

And here is a link to the site that has pictures of the new rooms:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198185

Looks like a full refurb. I wouldn't go by any "official" announcement to be a sign of if it's happening or not. Disney is notorious for not announcing these things until after it's started, if they announce it at all. And sometimes, if you call the resort, they don't even know! Your best bet is to keep checking this site and ask over on the CBR thread.

Looks like a full refurb. I wouldn't go by any "official" announcement to be a sign of if it's happening or not. Disney is notorious for not announcing these things until after it's started, if they announce it at all. And sometimes, if you call the resort, they don't even know! Your best bet is to keep checking this site and ask over on the CBR thread.

Agree with the points you made. But if you call the resort, you are not actually calling the resort KWIM?? You are getting a call center that probably isn't even in Florida. I wouldn't expect them to know much of anything.

Ditto. Keep checking these forums for information. Someone will post when and where they are working, maybe even, with pictures posted.

But if you call the resort, you are not actually calling the resort KWIM?? You are getting a call center that probably isn't even in Florida. I wouldn't expect them to know much of anything.

Exactly lol :thumbsup2

I was wondering also. I had read somewhere (a rumor, I am sure) that the refurb was going to start with Aruba, but I can't find where I read this, so I don't hold any truth to it.

I am one of those that was I will believe it when I see it. There have been rumors for the last few years. If any resort needed it, CBR did, not just decor but FULL beds are for value not moderates, not at the rates they charge. It seems no big site talked about it, only the "my friend" "the CM" "peeked in a room rehab" etc. Something was said on another thread recently that had me looking again at some sources and I found: The permits were filed and then recorded on Feb 11, 2014 for "Room Rehab" for work to "commence" and it is scheduled to be completed by May 20, 2015. The permit is set for one year from recording unless applicant says otherwise, which they did so I would expect it to be completed by May 20, 2015. It appears the Pirate Rooms will not be included, which is no surprise as to change to queen beds in that room means a huge expense. They have permission, now the only thing to see is it actually start to happen.

I know that calling the Disney Travel line and asking to speak to someone at a specific resort doesn't really get you to the resort.

A week or two after our last trip, I wrote to Disney Guest Services with some of my thoughts about our visit to WDW last May. I received a telephone call from a supervisor at Guest Services and we spoke about the things that I brought up. She told me that she had spoken to the lead manager at the resort and that I would be getting a letter from her with a direct number to the resort manager. I was to call the manager after I received the letter which I did. The number was a direct number to this person. She answered by name and by resort.

While she and I were discussing my letter and discussing a reservation for May, 2014, I specifically asked if the resort rooms would be getting a refurb as I had heard rumors. I was told that it was true and that it was scheduled to begin in April, 2014. She stated that they would start in one village, finish up each building and then make their way around the resort so that guests would not be disturbed by the work going on. I asked if there was a possibility that I would get a new room when we arrived in May, 2014, I was told that it was possible.

There was a need for her to call me back several days later and it was then that I remembered to ask if the room refurb would include changing the beds from full to queen. She did confirm that the rooms will have queen beds.

Last week, possibly the week before, I had an online chat with a castmember regarding a ticket question. I asked about the refurb and they checked their official refurb schedule and he confirmed that it was set to begin in April. Before when I had asked in online chats (and others reported the same thing), I was told that there was nothing on their schedule. Now, it appears that it is.

I still have the manager's telephone number and name and was told to call her back at any time should I have questions; however, I haven't called because I do not want to abuse the fact that I have a direct number. However, I will be calling around the middle to end of April to put in requests and I will ask about the refurb again. Of course, by that time, I am sure that if the refurb starts early in April, some of our fellow Disers will post what they have seen

If this rehab goes ahead that would possibly swing my resort choice to cbr. 2 adults and older teens need as much room as possible and the rooms here are larger than other moderates and I believe similar size as all standard room. :)

I loved the CBR resort in general, but hated the rooms so this is great news. The rehab pictures looked beautiful!

By my math, if they used the full 13 months to complete refurb, they'd finish 2.75 buildings a month on that schedule.

We go in July. It'd be nice if we got a reno'd room, but if they start with Aruba, they won't have gotten to our buildings yet (booked preferred, which is Martinique and Trinidad North).

Hope someone reports soon the Reno' s have started. CBR is our favorite resort and really want a room at CBR that sleeps 5 in October:)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good morning - not very familiar with the CBR refurb plans, but have heard that they may install Murphy beds to create an option other than POR for families of 5, does anyone have confirmation or details about this?

Good morning - not very familiar with the CBR refurb plans, but have heard that they may install Murphy beds to create an option other than POR for families of 5, does anyone have confirmation or details about this?

Just speculation and rumor at this point.

Thanks, I'll keep digging. I do find it curious that those photos are over a year old, yet the official refurb has just started....but the photo is promising and certainly shows what looks to be a Murphy bed much like the ones at POR - hope so!

Well, I'm hoping they won't be going for the really dark wood and rattan. It so not Caribbean in style - and it just makes yet another dark resort. I like CBR because the rooms are light wood and bright. I don't like being surrounded by dark wood.

I just hope that if they are doing that scheme they don't get to Martinique before next March because I seriously don't want to stay in a room like that.

Yes, they should have the larger beds (but as it'll just me and DD sleeping there it doesn't matter), but I don't want a room with a murphy bed - where will they put the fridge?

At POR, the fridge is next to the Murphy bed, against the wall by the wash area. Looks like drawers in the photo related to these posts. That's the downside to the Murphy beds, they absorb a lot of the storage area by replacing a dresser. These photos show more storage than is available at POR where it is only 2 pull out drawers under the Murphy bed.

So is it safe to assume that no renovations have been started yet? I will keep checking since our trip is coming up very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter