ON the monorail?

DisneyMomforLife

DIS Veteran
Hello all ... we are STILL trying to decide which hotel to stay at for our October trip ... my husband decided he wants to be ON the monorail ...

which resorts does that leave us choosing from?

We have only stayed on property once and that was over 10 years ago and it was at CBR (we are off-site timeshare owners). I know that the monorail is at the Contemporary and the Polynesian ... anywhere else?

thank you all!!

kat

You have a choice between the Poly, Contemporary or Grand Floridian.

I'm sure there are a lot of different opinons, but I have stayed at all the resorts on the monorail and our FAVORITE is the Polynesian. It's our favorite Disney resort overall. The theme is just so relaxing and the rooms are decorated beautifully.

I'm sure there are a lot of different opinons, but I have stayed at all the resorts on the monorail and our FAVORITE is the Polynesian. It's our favorite Disney resort overall. The theme is just so relaxing and the rooms are decorated beautifully.

I'm totally pushing for the POLY ... but he loves the decor at the new Bay Lake Tower ... I like that POLY is $500 less ... we'll see who wins. I love the themed resorts.

Thank you so much for your response!

kat

Hi DisneyMomforLife,
It looks like others have provided the information for all of the monorail resorts. It really comes down to the theme of the resort and your preference.

In my opinion you can not go wrong with any of the 3. I am partial to Poly and CTR though Poly seemed to win more often! Good luck with you decision and have a great trip.:yay:
________
Honda fireblade history

My vote would definitely go to Poly but like the PP said it all comes down to which theming you prefer of the 3. I'm sure you will have a great trip regardless of which one you choose. I doubt you will make it 10 years again! ;)

Well, my husband hates how much time i spend on the DIS but he sure values everyone's opinions.

POLY it is!!!

I'm so excited ... this is awesome. :)

yeah, won't be 10 years again for sure!!

kat

My dream vacation is when I retire, I am going to go all out and stay in one of the resorts on the monorail; it would be so cool....and then go for a week on the disney cruise.

My dream vacation is when I retire, I am going to go all out and stay in one of the resorts on the monorail; it would be so cool....and then go for a week on the disney cruise.

That WILL be worth it ... we have been on 3 Disney cruises and are in LOVE with them!! We rebooked onboard last time for a discount on a future one so I know we have at least ONE more on our horizon!!

kat

I guess I'm the lone dissenter, we (our family ) did not care for the Polynesian, our favorites are the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary. I actually had booked the Poly for our last visit (Nov. '08) due to availability, and they made me continue checking back unti la GF room opened up. HE may also want to concider the WIlderness Lodge. WHile not technically on the monorail, it's only a short boat ride to both the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary, where you can hop on the monorail.

Although I am too late because you already decided I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I would vote for the Contemporary. We satyed there last week and it was amazing. It is like a 10 minute walk to MK using the walkway. There was practically no outside noise in the room. I also serioulsy considered the poly for my vacation that just passed. We ate at Ohana which is at the Poly on the night that we arrived. The only thing about the poly is that I her it is pretty dark. We didnt walk around the resort because the weather was terrible. My friend that was with us had walked around the poly before and said that it was pretty much as dark as Ohana was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter