• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On the login part of the website..

rachaelfig

Mouseketeer
Can anyone not see their role anymore? For me under Arrival Information all it says is
Applicant Number: 0444947
Arrival Date: 01/06/2010
Departure Date: 05/14/2010
Season/Year: Spring/2010

Before it listed my role (attractions) and now it doesn't. So now before I start getting a little freaked out on the inside and frantically emailing WDW Recruiting can someone else check and see if they can't see their role either?

Much appreciated!

Okay good, this makes me feel better! Maybe we're being officially placed now and it'll be replaced with Magic Kingdom - Frontierland Attractions or something.

Thanks for checking! It is SO CLOSE I can practically feel my hair puffing up in the humidity!

Mine still says Attractions...

And remember, even if we are officially placed, they'll be changing that stuff around right up until the last second, so I'd take it with a grain of salt unless they've changed how they're running things like the character performer casting situation.

mine doesnt say merchandise anymore either...it just says my arrival and departure dates and semester/year but not my role

Mine doesn't say it either but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Mine says the same thing as yours, of course with a different application number. I was wondering about that as well but I don't think it means anything.

I had the same issue with my role (also Attractions) disappearing from the website for a few days. Yesterday afternoon I was called by a representative of the CP program and she informed me that they wanted to place me in a specific position for the Spring (Innoventions doing sponsor spiels).

So perhaps you'll also be getting a call like this?

I had the same issue with my role (also Attractions) disappearing from the website for a few days. Yesterday afternoon I was called by a representative of the CP program and she informed me that they wanted to place me in a specific position for the Spring (Innoventions doing sponsor spiels).

That is so exciting!! I hope I get a call like this. Did you indicate during your interview that you are good at giving spiels? Disney is SO CLOSE!!

That's interesting! What are sponsor spiels?

That's so exciting! I want a phone call toooo!

And sponsor spiels sounds fun - I really want to do a spiel-y attraction and just talk all day long. :)

I checked when this was first posted and my role was still there, but sometime between then and today it disappeared. Maybe because my arrival date is closer now?

That is so exciting!! I hope I get a call like this. Did you indicate during your interview that you are good at giving spiels? Disney is SO CLOSE!!
Yep, during my interview we talked at pretty good length about my theatre and teaching background (14 years of theatre and 2 years teaching), so we established that I have experience with memorizing and delivering information to groups of people. Yesterday when I was called about this position, it was indicated that my theatrical/presentation background as well as my education background (I'm a grad student) were one of the reasons why they were offering this to me.

That's interesting! What are sponsor spiels?
As it was explained to me, the spiels I'll be delivering vary between 10-14 pages of script/information regarding one (or more) of the various sponsors within Innoventions; for example, one would talk about Underwriters Laboratories and what they do. Apparently during training I will be coached and tested (eek!) on the sponsor, the products, and the technology.

I hope that the rest of you get to find out/get calls soon! I'll cross my fingers for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter