On the heels of AP and TiW increases...

We typically eat 3-4 TS meals on our 5-day trips and, as a family of 4, those meals would run us about $300 total. When we knew we'd get in two trips in a 12-month period, I would buy the TIW card because I knew we'd spend at least $500 over the two trips to make it worthwhile. There's no way I will for over $150 for it because we won't even come close to the $750 break even point. We don't drink regularly so we will stick to the 10% DVC discounts for as long as they are around and patronize the restaurants that accept it.

This is us too. We were planning on getting TiW for our trip in March. We would use it for that trip, and then again on our trip next year. Now, we are definitely not getting TiW. It just isn't worth it. We have also canceled some of our ADRs we had planned for March. During our 5 day trip, we are only doing 2 ADRs now. We did have four planned.

Geez this is getting to be too much of a hassle to plan! I was turned off by what all you needed to do to get FP+ now this?

We still have 5 days left on our 10 day no expiry tickets, so I guess whenever we plan another trip what will I have to do to use those tickets anything? What if we wanted to only use 3 days can I keep another 2 for another time? Does anyone know how their handling the non expiring tickets now?

We had this huge trip planned last week with deluxe dinning and lots of fastpasses. It just got to be too complicated and I went to 1 ADR which was BOG, just because I had never seen it before. I cancelled everything and we ate all of our other meals off-site, except for all that we ate at the food and wine. I was much happier because we weren't running around trying to make all of out times. We could just take our time.

Geez this is getting to be too much of a hassle to plan! I was turned off by what all you needed to do to get FP+ now this?

We still have 5 days left on our 10 day no expiry tickets, so I guess whenever we plan another trip what will I have to do to use those tickets anything? What if we wanted to only use 3 days can I keep another 2 for another time? Does anyone know how their handling the non expiring tickets now?
The no-expiry tickets are still good until you use the last day. If you have the tickets in your MDE account and you have MBs, then you don't need to do anything else. If you don't want to add them to your MDE or if you are staying offsite and do not have MBs, then you will need to visit Guest Relations to have them exchanged for RFID-enabled ticket media (assuming that they are not already RFID-enabled).

We had this huge trip planned last week with deluxe dinning and lots of fastpasses. It just got to be too complicated and I went to 1 ADR which was BOG, just because I had never seen it before. I cancelled everything and we ate all of our other meals off-site, except for all that we ate at the food and wine. I was much happier because we weren't running around trying to make all of out times. We could just take our time.
We took a similar huge trip in August - 10 days with "free" DDP, at least one ADR every day, park hoppers, FP+s booked, detailed touring plans - the works. It was too much. After one day of park hopping (with two ADRs in one day) I switched our plans around so we didn't hop again and only had max one ADR per day. If we weren't on the "free dining" promotion, I'd have scaled back the ADRs even more.

We're taking a couple years off from Disney trips, but I'd consider APs in the future if we can get two trips out of them. I definitely won't do the DDP again though, "free" or otherwise. All those ADRs are too much; I'd rather book just 2 or 3 TS meals throughout the week and have more flexibility.

I have a 5-night/6-day trip coming up next month. I canceled 2 ADRs yesterday. One because it's on a MVMCP night and we've decided not to attend the party after being packed in like sardines on a sold-out MNSSHP last month. The other was because the dining experience was so lackluster on the same trip that I cannot justify making the effort to eat at the restaurant again. And if I had BOG breakfast ADRs, I'd cancel those too (overpriced cold eggs aren't worth getting into the MK early). I've already broken even and then some on my TiW, so I don't feel compelled to go to more TS meals to "get my money's worth".

I was lucky to get my TiW and PAP before the increases. I'll probably take one or two more trips just to get away from the cold weather in the Northeast this winter and again to visit the Flower & Garden Festival in the spring. But having a DVC villa means that I can make breakfast and dinner there instead of eating out. Once my PAP expires, I plan to bank my points and perhaps even rent them out until Disney opens some of those new attractions they keep telling us about. I don't mind paying a little more when I'm getting more, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay extra and be given so much less in return for my dollars!

I'm renting points for an upcoming trip (the countdown is at single digits!) to stay DVC and I had added the dining plan. When they announced the lights were leaving before I had ever had a chance to see them my DH suggested taking a 'short' trip in December so I could catch them before they became a footnote in Disney history (I say 'short' because 4 nights was my minimum for sticking my preschooler on a plane). I cancelled my dinning plan and planned on upgrading our tickets for this trip to AP and get TIW, even started talking about an April trip, the works.

Then the prices increased, by a lot. It was just one more thing in a long list of complaints. I refused to re-add the dining plan and complicate things further. My DH started to talk me out of any more trips after this October one, he says I'm always so stressed when talking about vacations now, and I'm sure he's right. AP upgrade and TIW is definitely not happening and the December trip is on the brink of cancellation if not the very least gutted to just a resort and DHS visit. I'm sorry Disney, the last minute additions and schedule changes (MNSSHP dessert party, all of F&W, etc.), the price, the slow construction, the lack of upkeep on rides, and the list goes on. You're becoming average, and your customers deserve better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter