• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On the 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute Watch!!!

Ok... Question: we have a trip planned dec 15-21. Because of leave, trip is not moveable. Since we will not be able to take advantage of military deal now, can someone please explain my best case scenario: we are now hoping to get in on free dining. This requires two day base tickets. I THOUGHT I had read military can buy the base two days and upgrade them with the free dining. Am I correct on this thought or totally wrong?

Edit to add: two day base Tickets and upgrade to
Military ticket... Our is it cheaper to just keep out 5 day base? I'm getting so confused with Disney math!

I just called to see if I could apply this discount to my existing reservations, and the CM said that the system is being upgraded, and they can't bring up any reservations.

Oh well, I'll try again shortly!

My mom will be joining us this year and will be able to use the this discount. Will I need to change the reservation into her name or can we just apply as long as she is listed and is there with us?

Ugh! They are still working out some bugs with the system upgrade. We were able to get one room discounted but have to call back for the other. I'm so impatient! (But mostly just very thankful and excited.)

I called at 1:15 and system was still being upgraded. Called back at 1:45 and waited on hold for an hour. Finally got through and the CM told me that the promotion ends on Sept 28th. I was not going to hang up and try for another CM, so nicely explained that it had been extended and what do you know, he plugged in my dates and I was able to add discount to my BC ressie but we had to upgrade to lagoon view from garden view. I'm still saving but I might try back to see if I can switch back to GV later down the road. There was nothing available for my AoA dates so will try again later as well, hopefully with a more knowledgeable CM.

Has anyone stayed at Bay Lake Tower with the discount in the past? I just called to apply the discount to my existing reservation and the CM said nothing is available for Bay Lake Tower at all with the military discount. She said the discount isn't available for Bay Lake Tower and it wasn't a matter of room category. That just sounds "off" to me, but maybe she's right.

Now of course the Contemporary is booked up for our dates, but if something becomes available I can try to switch and use The Armed Forces Salute discount. She checked all the MK resorts and hardly anything was available at this point.

On the phone right now, after a 45 minute wait...CM initially said they weren't available yet, but I asked her to please check again as others are having it applied, and she found it!

Applied to the first room, working on room 2 now! Looks to be a 40% discount!

Has anyone stayed at Bay Lake Tower with the discount in the past? I just called to apply the discount to my existing reservation and the CM said nothing is available for Bay Lake Tower at all with the military discount. She said the discount isn't available for Bay Lake Tower and it wasn't a matter of room category. That just sounds "off" to me, but maybe she's right.

Now of course the Contemporary is booked up for our dates, but if something becomes available I can try to switch and use The Armed Forces Salute discount. She checked all the MK resorts and hardly anything was available at this point.

I've read posts here where people got the military discount with BLT, and that's what we're hoping to do, once they open up. If not, we'll stay with what we have or try for AKL Villas.

Yay! We had actually planned on cancelling our trip completely because the housing market greatly improved where we are so we unexpectedly sold our house and bought a new one....but....couldn't give up F&W on the military discount! Booked WL CL for October this afternoon! Thanks Steve for sending the email!

So excited!

It's finally here!!!!!

It is a great renewal offer of the Disney Armed Forces Salute!

I've been coordinating with Disney all morning and now have all the details for you.

Here is my announcement post

And Full Details

Thank Steve ! I know you put in a lot of work into this :banana::worship:

Got my dates for this December even if I had to change dates to get the resort I wanted. Get to spend my birthday again at Disney !! And book for next Sept 2014. Have to wait & see if we can go early in 2014 !!
:goodvibes:goodvibes

Phase II is complete - we have rooms that we would be happy with, at a 40% discount.

Now, just waiting until BLT and AKL villas open up for our dates, and try for the 2BR & the studio!

Thanks a million Steve!!! Has anyone been able to book a Std or Garden View room at the Beach or Yacht Club? I had existing reservations and they said the starting level for the Military discount was Water View? Anyone else experiencing restricted levels with the code?

Thanks a million Steve!!! Has anyone been able to book a Std or Garden View room at the Beach or Yacht Club? I had existing reservations and they said the starting level for the Military discount was Water View? Anyone else experiencing restricted levels with the code?

Yes, we can't book 2 standard rooms at Boardwalk at this time...weighing our options.

Post #206 on this thread had to upgrade from Garden View to Lagoon View at BC to get this discount.

Makes sense though...the lower priced rooms are probably easier to fill without a discount or with a lower discount.

Ugg... called at 1:45, on hold for an hour, and after spending 40 min with a CM, got nothing for our 3 potential trips:
1) F&W race trip Nov8-11: tried 1BR and 2BR at BCV and BWV as well as BWI garden suite - no military discounts and CM said rack rate was booked for these dates too. Fortunately currently have a 1BR BCV with 20% AAA so am keeping that one and will hope for AP fall discount.

2) Thanksgiving: Nov27 through Dec 7: I have a 1BR BCV AAA rate booked but wanted to switch to 2BR if military available. CM said military dates blocked out for Nov 28,29,30. Said Military rates unavailable for 2BR villas at BCV or BWV so we tried dividing up my 1BR BCV into 3 reservations: Nov 27 military, 28-30 AAA rate, Dec1-7 Military. The system "timed out" on her while she tried this, then showed the military rate gone for our dates when she started over. Kept our 1BR BCV AAA room, and will again hope for AP discount to try to switch to 2BR as grandparents want to come with us.

3) April 13-19 2014: CM said dates april 14-29 blocked out from Military rate. Not worth it to change reservation for one night discount. Have 1BR Grand Floridian Villas at 20%AAA booked and CM said GFV excluded from offer anyways.

So bottom line, unless AP rates will apply, looks like we will need to probably cancel the spring break trip and grandparents cant stay in our room for thanksgiving.

I'm exhausted after this!! :sick::mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter