On the 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute Watch!!!

Have all of next years rates opened, or just to a certain month?

I only looked through August so I am not 100% sure, but I think that the "you can only book 499 days out" rule still applies....therefore, I think several weeks at the end of the year are still not bookable. :confused3

I just called and they said the discount for the rooms has not been extended yet. However for Military Members you can get 10% off year round so they gave me that while we wait for the extension.

What room and dates did you book, if you don't mind my asking.

I already have a Disney F&F reservation, so i am just hoping Universal renews its military discount (though it seems doubtful)

From Mousesavers.com:

Military Salute Discounts Available through September 28, 2013

Military discounts of 30% off Value Resorts, 35% off Moderates and 40% off Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts are available for stays 10/1/12-9/28/13.

Some dates are not included (blocked out) for this offer and will price at full rack rate: those dates include 11/22/12-11/24/12, 12/23/12-12/31/12 and 3/25/13-4/4/13.

This offer can be booked as a room only reservation. If you wish, one of the Dining Plans (Quick Service, regular or Deluxe) can be added, which will then change your booking to a package and therefore subject to the package rules. Park tickets cannot be added to special military packages because this offer is tied in with a specially priced ticket offer for military personnel and their families.

Offer valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard, with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are not included. Military ID required at check-in.

Count me in for waiting.... hoping to see something for December 2013 or January 2014

I would recommend booking what you want if your getting close to your ADR date. You can always switch resorts or cancel. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh no. Not close at all. Wanting to book for next August. Just want to have it on the books and start making payments! :goodvibes

Have not been on here in awhile. Waiting patiently for this discount. Did I read that you can do a room only and then switch it when announced? We are trying for March/Spring Break which is what we did in 2012. Normally stay at POR but may try for Beach Club this time.
Tired of waiting. popcorn:: Hope it happens. Good luck everyone.
Sheri

Have not been on here in awhile. Waiting patiently for this discount. Did I read that you can do a room only and then switch it when announced? We are trying for March/Spring Break which is what we did in 2012. Normally stay at POR but may try for Beach Club this time.
Tired of waiting. popcorn:: Hope it happens. Good luck everyone.
Sheri

If you have a room only reservation, you can call when the discount comes out and if it available for your resort, room type and dates, you can have it added to the existing room only reservation.

I booked 3 AKL Savanna rooms last Saturday for Jul 2014, called on Wednesday and had the 15% AAA discount applied to each room, and now I'm waiting to see if the military discount will be available this year.

I like to have the rooms already booked, so that when I call, they can just pull up the existing reservation and add the discount, if available.

Of course, what we're really hoping for is BLT 2BR TPV Villa or AKL 2BR Savanna Villa, but we'll be happy with the rooms we have, if we can't get the military discount.

So, if I have a package booked, should I change it to room only? Which is easier to convert if the new military offer is released soon?

So, if I have a package booked, should I change it to room only? Which is easier to convert if the new military offer is released soon?

If you have a package booked right now, then it probably includes tickets???

Unfortunately, tickets cannot be added to a military "package". The only thing that can be added is the dining plan.

When booking the military discount, we have done room only's. Honestly, yes it's great to have a room booked and even greater if you can later apply the military discount to it....but, as with any discount, the room has to be available under the discount in order to just switch it over.

That's why I personally wait until the discount is released to book, and I know exactly what is available under the discount. :goodvibes

If you have a package booked right now, then it probably includes tickets???

Unfortunately, tickets cannot be added to a military "package". The only thing that can be added is the dining plan.

When booking the military discount, we have done room only's. Honestly, yes it's great to have a room booked and even greater if you can later apply the military discount to it....but, as with any discount, the room has to be available under the discount in order to just switch it over.

That's why I personally wait until the discount is released to book, and I know exactly what is available under the discount. :goodvibes

Yep, we've done it both ways, i.e., book ahead or wait for the discounts. But the last few times, we've booked ahead for rooms that we're willing to rack rate for, and then if discounts are available, we're happy.

This is the first time in ages that we want a villa, but we only want BLT or AKL, so I booked rooms just to ensure that we have a place to stay, as our dates are firm.

Yes, it does currently include one day tickets... I was told by a cm that it would be easier to convert a package. Guess I was given bad I info, but I'm not surprised! I'll have to call and convert it! We've used the military offer in the past, but I honestly can't remember if I booked before the offer was released.

OK, crappola! I already bought our MNSSHP tickets through Disney for full price ... and then found out about the military discounted tickets. Could have saved about $20 per ticket. :confused3:crazy2:

OK, crappola! I already bought our MNSSHP tickets through Disney for full price ... and then found out about the military discounted tickets. Could have saved about $20 per ticket. :confused3:crazy2:

I did the same thing. I have never done the MNSSHP before but I read about how people who waited for the military tickets ended up being blocked out of the dates they wanted. Since my dates were set and I had airfare, I need to get the tickets. And then of course, this year they decide to sell the military ones earlier. :sad:

I did the same thing. I have never done the MNSSHP before but I read about how people who waited for the military tickets ended up being blocked out of the dates they wanted. Since my dates were set and I had airfare, I need to get the tickets. And then of course, this year they decide to sell the military ones earlier. :sad:

Disney has promised for the military Christmas party at least that even if party sells out they will sell to military at gate. Go check it out, that way you can wait and get military pricing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter