Lizboo

Travel Nut
so this isn't the normal Disney accessory I bring
But I had an accident on Saturday where I went to a local haunted house
Fell down two blacked out steps
And landed on my foot sideways

One doctors visit and a few x days later I'm being fitted for an air cast

It's a pain in the butt and I am still getting used to it

I can walk small distances but I know the normal amount of Disney walking will be a huge challenge

I guess this will be a slower paced trip and I'm trying to be okay with that

On the plane now
We debated on cancelling but I've been looking forward to this quite a while
Praying for pixie dust

I hope you're feeling better soon! If the walking gets to be too much, rent a scooter and keep on going! My BFF and I went a few years ago just 2 weeks before she had knee surgery and it didn't take her long to learn how to maneuver one and didn't diminish the fun we had at all.

Thank you
I can tell you I can't walk very far at all so I know I will need a wheelchair or EVC
Do they give lessons on those ?
I've been hit more than once by one and I don't want to be that person

If you get one, take a bit of time, somewhere with a bit of space to have a little practise. I used one by myself at the Olympic Park in London (broke my kneecap just before the games, but, went anyway, one in a life time and all that - actually went back this year, RUNNING the 10k - a magical moment, but, I digress) and it didn't take long to get used to it, and they manoeuvre quite nicely actually. You just have to remember to SLOW DOWN more consciously than you do walking!

It is much cheaper to rent a scooter from an off site vendor. Also, that way you have it for all the non park walking - which is a lot- as well. I have used both Buena Vista Scooters and Walker Mobility and I was happy with both.
There are no lessons really, given. But they are very easy to get used to. I found they take a ton of concentration though. Folks are terrible about cutting in front of you and simply stopping short in front of you.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter