On my next trip to WDW, I vow to...

*Truly enjoy the time with my family without worrying about checking every single thing off of my "Must Do" list

*Make Rope Drop if everyone is up and well rested, and not worry about it if we're still snoozing at 10 AM

*Give up my seat on the bus to anyone who looks like they need it, child or adult, package-laden or empty-handed

*Not get upset at the inevitable line-jumpers, stroller-derby rammers, map-reading traffic stoppers and people in general who are clueless to the fact that there are other people around them (rather intentional or not - not gonna be my problem this year)

*Eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and not be embarrassed that half of it drips on my shirt

*Be patient with my youngest when she thinks she is ready to ride TOT and once again chickens out as we're boarding...we'll go get another Mickey Ice Cream and spill it on our shirts instead

*Remember that I love my husband and married him for a reason, even when he asks for the 3rd time if I'm sure I don't want to go back to the hotel to change into a clean shirt

*Thank every single cast member I come into contact with just for being there so I can enjoy the time with my family

*Apologize to anyone I bump into, even if I am standing still, off to the side, and the person is running so fast through the crowd that I am convinced they are auditioning for the part of Dash in the live-action version of the Incredibles

*Not spend the girls' college funds on stuff from DTD that will end up in a closet or the attic after a few weeks

*Ride the Tea Cups, even though they make me nauseous, because it's one of the girls' favorites

*Remember that everyone has their own parenting style, and whether or not I agree with it, it's none of my business and I should focus on my own perfect children

*Encourage my kids to share their stickers, bubbles, candy, whatever with other kids, but only after we've asked permission from their parents

*Take a break when I'm tired, and not feel guilt that I'm wasting time

*Take a break when my husband or kids are tired, and not sigh and stare at them until they get up and get moving

*Be willing to spend an hour hanging out by the resort playground when the parks just won't do

*Remember that some people using wheelchairs/ECVs may not LOOK like they need them, but I don't know their story, and it's none of my business anyway

*Eat at least one vegetable during the trip

*Not make my family go to It's A Bugs Life even though I love it, because they hate it

*Encourage my husband to indulge in his obsession with pressed pennies, because if it makes him happy, it really doesn't matter that they end up in a drawar and no one ever sees them again

*Realize that I am human and will make mistakes, and to just let them go and move on

*Have my picture taken at least 10 times on the trip, even if I'm sweaty and nasty-looking, because I want the girls to remember that I did actually go on at least one of the 10 trips we took while they were young

*Taste Beverly, just to see what everyone has been talking about

*Submit wait times to my apps on my I-phone, and not just take advantage of the info everyone else is giving

*Share my band-aids, moleskin, neosporin, whatever with anyone who needs them

*Tell my husband and kids that I love them and am so glad that we are fortunate enough to be able to spend a week together at the Happiest Place on Earth

Great list. Should be included when park maps are handed out.

Great list. This next trip
*I vow not to give my husband THAT look when he lets DD dress herself and she comes out looking like a bum or in the same thing she wore 2 days before.

*I vow not to make lunch choices for my kids everyday or tell them they can't have chicken tenders 3 days in a row.

*I vow not to let people on the Dis get me worked up before my trip over: poor resort choices, crowds, bad restuarunts/food choices, cheerleaders, tour groups, illnesses or rainy weather. :)

I vow:

Not to get annoyed at lollygaggers when I am trying to walk fast.

To lollygag once in a while too.

Not to go on anything that I already know will make me sick

Trust ME

Relax a bit

I am going to show self restraint and not ask the obvious however...what are you referring to?

"Beverly" is the flavor of a very bitter, horribly disgusting soda which you can sample at Club Cool in Epcot (or whatever they call it these days). It's the Coca-Cola shop and they have serveral different flavors you can help yourself to, many of which are good. Beverly is NOT! The different flavors come from all over the world. It's actually fun to do (and free). My DD loves stopping in there whenever we pass it.

I just "had" to try it to see if it was really THAT bad. Know what? It was even worse than I expected!! Those funny "Beverly" faces really aren't staged.

Disney170.jpg

Awesome list :goodvibes. We just got back on Monday night and I already have a couple vows for our next trip in September.

- I vow to spend more time in our resort and use their amenities
- I vow to take midday breaks so we can be refreshed for the nighttime activites
- I vow to just let my kids lead the way and DH and I will follow them
- I vow to try new things that we haven't tried before....already booked our ADRs for our trip and we are going to new character meals and restaurants, going to be going to MNSSHP, and will be going to SoA.....so I guess that vow is already fulfilled. :goodvibes

This past trip we did everything commando style because my DILs were with us and they wanted to get everything in all at once, they didn't care to slow it down at all. And since we knew we were coming back in September, we were with them every step of the way......now when September comes, my family all vowed to take it easy and really stop and smell the roses (like we like to do anyway :goodvibes).

I would like to spend more time at the resort enjoying the pool and the many planned activities. Although we had a great time while we were cramming as much as we could into each and every day, the kids were really happy when we took some time to hang out at the pool. I was surprised that I had so much fun outside of the parks.

I love, love, love your post!!:love::love:

I would add
*Make magic wherever I am whether in a deluxe, moderate, value or offsite resort.

I just printed the "list" so that I can read it daily on my trip. I could have had way more fun last time had I done half of these!

When I go in May I vow to just relax and enjoy even if I don't get to ride all the rides I want or eat at the restaurants I want. I just want to live in the moment and enjoy the atmosphere.

Karen, I love your post . . . it is a good reminder for all of us obsessive planners here. Interestingly enough, as I've been planning a last minute June trip, I've been having similar thoughts . . . one of which was to

RIDE THE TEACUPS EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES ME DIZZY!! -- because everytime we go, the whole family rides, EXCEPT FOR ME, and it is something they all talk about, saying things like "let's ride the teacups . . oh yea, Mom doesn't like it so she'll just wait for us" or "we love the teacups, . . well we do, but Mom doesn't" I'M VOWING TO RIDE AND PUT AN END TO THIS!!!!

And, I agree with a previous poster . . . this list is PRINT WORTHY!! We can all plan, plan, plan and then we need to sit back and JUST ENJOY!! :cool1:

Love the list! I am also an obsessive planner and I end up doing mostly everything I want, but have I ever stopped to notice all the small details that make Disney great? Only if you can see it from standing in line...

It's also good to know that I'm not the only one hiding my tears behind my sunglasses. During rope drop shows, parades, fireworks, stage shows... I guess I tear up a lot! :rotfl:

...put on my swimsuit and get in the pool and have fun, because these people will never see me again.

What a wonderful list!! Something I need to read, read, and read again for the next 6 months. Otherwise I'll be doing most of those on the list instead of relaxing! :lmao:

Fantastic list! I, too, am printing it out (we leave on Saturday for a short shuttle launch/one day Disney trip). We vow to thoroughly enjoy our hotel - Pop - while there since we only have one park day.

I am also trying to convince myself to ride ToT...

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter