• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On-line check in

Mrs Doubtfire

DIS Veteran
Hi all

We go to WDW soon and I wondered if anybody does the online check in as won't we need to go to the desk to collect our Magic Bands? Thanks :thumbsup2

I have done it before, it is supposed to expedite the check-in process but we found that it really didn't. For a start, they couldn't find the pack that should have been ready prepared. We don't bother now.

Yep , done it a couple of times , don't really make much difference apart from they have a bit more of your personal information on file already before you arrive

We always do

First of all it gives something to do during the 60 days leading to the trip, so that's part of the fun

Second you get to pick 2 room requests and this may help even if you've emailed requests. There are also some nice options, for example requesting to prioritize room assignement ( you accept to drop any room request to have the room as soon as possible even before legal check in time) useful if you split stay or arrive early

Third you can specify how early you will arrive and how late you will leave
On a couole of occasions when we were split staying, I mentionned 9am as a check in time and we did get the room that early
Same goes to get bigger chances towards late check out

Fourth you get a separate check in line when you get there, and you can also choose to bypass the check in desk

I understand those who didn't have a nice experience with OLCI, and I understand that it may not save time (tbh on every check in we did we were outside of the lobby while those who arrived at the same time as us were still waiting in line

Anyway, it's free, it's fun, doesn't take time and it may even do some good ... Why not do it then ?

I do it but as we still have to go to the front desk to collect our Magic Bands I haven't generally found it takes more than 5 to 10 minutes less than at the main check in desk. However. It has saved me a long wait in a different line once at AKL. On line check in had no line. Ordinary check in had about 9 families.

Ok so now I have been swayed to give it a try!! We don't arrive until late, so I may put a room request on there and see how it goes :goodvibes

We did it last time, it worked out because I had my band but the rest did not so we got to go to the room right away. However Istill had to go to desk and like a pp mentioned they did not have our packet ready either.

To be fair , sometimes it can save you time just all depends how big lines for check in our when you arrive at resort, if you are really wanting a room request id also fax the resort about 5 days before you arrive it can help you.

To be fair , sometimes it can save you time just all depends how big lines for check in our when you arrive at resort, if you are really wanting a room request id also fax the resort about 5 days before you arrive it can help you.

Can you still fax room requests then? Cool!

Silly question but what can you actually request if you check in online?

Depends on the hotel

Usual options are floor, Close to transportation, water view, corner room, close to elevator and general area

Some resorts have more choices than others. And understandably booking a category leads to less choices ( for example booking a royal guest room at por won't let you choose the area, same goes with pirate rooms at cbr si ce they're all in the same village)
SSR will hve a close tot disney springs walkway option or fairway view
It's resort specific

You get to pick 2 choices

Chmurf I have booked business class at CSR and there wasn't the option of a corner room which is what I wanted to ask for. There must be some though :confused:

Business class rooms are only located in building 9B and there are only a very limited number of corner rooms, so I guess that's why it's not offered as disney knows it's a request they might never get to accomodate (just my take on this)

Just to say that we are currently here. We arrived 1st July, are staying at SSR and I had done online check in requesting The Paddock and near a Pool. We got a water view in Congress Park, very close to the quiet pool and 5 minutes walk from DDT. Lovely room which we are very happy with. Didn't ask for it as we thought that (especially over 4th July weekend) we hadn't a hope of getting one! Not what we asked for though..... :)

Mrs TT

Hi guys,
We are going POR October 2nd this is my 4th visit but it's been 4 years since I was there, anyways rambled enough......can I do the on-line check-in even if I've booked through travel agent?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter