• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On Line Check In

Grandmaof2

Mouseketeer
I am one of those people that like to check in when I get to the resort and talk to a real person. What are the advantages of on-line check in??

I am one of those people that like to check in when I get to the resort and talk to a real person. What are the advantages of on-line check in??

If you use online check-in, if you arrive before normal resort check-in time there's a better shot (not a guarantee) your room would be ready for you.

Doug :goofy:

You still have to go to the counter and talk to a real person if you do on-line check-in. On-line check-in allows the check-in process to be expedited by having you go in a separate line at the desk and having your key cards and paperwork pre-printed before you arrive. That's it.

Agree with PP. You also still get to talk to a live person when you get in the online check in line. They have everything ready for you. We got off the DME bus once and was greeting by a cast member with balloons and Mickey dust. She knew who we were....which was a little weird. I also think that your requests are honored first, to ensure that the online check in line moves faster than the normal one. Never had a problem with online check in. Always get the building and floors that I want.

At Disney, on line check in is not just going up and grabbing a room key and not seeing anyone. You still speak to a human and, trust me, you can ask as many questions as you want and the Cast Member will give you the answers they can provide. You can even change your room assignment.

Online check in was set up mainly to help out guests who don't want/need lots of advice or help. But, if a guest wants/needs those things, the Cast Members will help.

Online check in is not stop and go.

Agree with PP. You also still get to talk to a live person when you get in the online check in line. They have everything ready for you. We got off the DME bus once and was greeting by a cast member with balloons and Mickey dust. She knew who we were....which was a little weird. I also think that your requests are honored first, to ensure that the online check in line moves faster than the normal one. Never had a problem with online check in. Always get the building and floors that I want.

The bolded sentence is not the case. With online check-in, the CM's main priority is to get you into a room that will be ready based on the arrival time you input. Room requests would be looked at secondary to this. As an example, we requested a mansion room at POR but were checking in around 11am. When we got there, they had assigned us a room that was ready at 11am but it was in AB. We asked to wait for a mansion room, and it ended up being ready around 2pm. So, you can certainly ask for your room to be changed to fit your request but if you plan to do that anyway, there's no point in doing online check-in.

How early before your trip should you do online check-in? 24 hours?

You can complete online check-in as early as 60 days in advance. Makes no difference when you do it within that 60 day range.

The bolded sentence is not the case. With online check-in, the CM's main priority is to get you into a room that will be ready based on the arrival time you input. Room requests would be looked at secondary to this. As an example, we requested a mansion room at POR but were checking in around 11am. When we got there, they had assigned us a room that was ready at 11am but it was in AB. We asked to wait for a mansion room, and it ended up being ready around 2pm. So, you can certainly ask for your room to be changed to fit your request but if you plan to do that anyway, there's no point in doing online check-in.

This is exactly why you should do online check in. Becuase your room is assigned from the available pool of rooms at any given time, if you're done the online check in and they've assigned your room however many hr's ahead of time, if you don't like the room that was assigned to you, you can ask for a differnent room from a now different pool so I think it up's your chances for getting what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter