on hold for a specialty cruise!!!

Tiffany

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I have been on hold since 7am trying to book a specialty cruise for Saturday, Nov 19th. It is now 7:27am. What do you think my chance are going to be if I get through?

I called for ADR's this morning and was on hold 7 min. before getting thru. Usually, I'm like you on hold for an hour! Good luck! Which cruise are you going to book? Looks like they've changed them some.

northern michigan said:
I called for ADR's this morning and was on hold 7 min. before getting thru. Usually, I'm like you on hold for an hour! Good luck! Which cruise are you going to book? Looks like they've changed them some.

Hi,

After over 50mins on hold I gave up on booking the cruise. I called the dining line and got through after only a 6min wait and I was able to get all of the places I wanted for the times I wanted so the morning was not a complete bust.

I am frustrated about the cruise though.

Gone I am sure. Whenever I have called they were gone by 703 and 704 am. However people do cancel so keep trying closer to your trip.

Cruises are gone within the first 3-5 mins if your on hold longer then that I'd give up...

I'm in the minority here but this trip in September I forgot it was our 90 day mark and it hits me while I'm sitting in the repair shop waiting on my car. I think it was about 11:20am on our 90 day out. I called mostly to secure Le Cellier at the time I wanted it and as a lark had her transfer me to WDW-PLAY and they still had one Wishes cruise left. I was so amazed. We've done them before and had such a hard time getting them. Maybe b/c we are usually choosing Illuminations and there are fewer boats. I'd keep trying until you leave for Disney. Like others have said people do cancel. I got one while we were on property once. I just called every morning before we headed out and one morning they did have a cancellation and we were cruisin to Illuminations 3 days later. Good Luck!

Are the wishes cruises also gone this fast. I thought they were easier to get.

I was able to book a Wishes cruise the first week of August for August 30, and yesterday (Aug 20), I called back and was able to get an Illuminations cruise for Aug 30. Keep trying, someone may cancel!

crafter23 said:
what is the difference between wishes and illuminations?

thanks!
:flower:

I called back and was albe to get the Illuminations cruise. I am so excited.

The big differance is that the Illuminations cruise leaves from the YC marina and you view the Epcot firworks show from under the IG bridge. We got to the view Illuminations from the lower French Island this past June and that was a great experiance. This will put us right next to that area and we will be on our own boat.

The Wishes Crusies leave from the MK resorts and you view the fireworks from the waters that sarround the MK. There have been reports of boats sometimes having music and sometimes not. Also, the time of your cruise is going to be more up in the air the time that Wishes happens tends to move around.

That is AWESOME! Personally, this is my favorite fireworks cruise. I think it is more special to me than the Wishes one. I am thrilled the call back technique worked for you. Enjoy your cruise. They are super.

for letting me know! We're arriving in Florida on Tuesday, and will be there until Sept 3rd ... I've left a post to see if anyone wants to share a cruise, it sounds like it would be really neat

:flower:

Densgirl said:
That is AWESOME! Personally, this is my favorite fireworks cruise. I think it is more special to me than the Wishes one. I am thrilled the call back technique worked for you. Enjoy your cruise. They are super.

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the Illuminations cruise. Do you have any experiance with ordering food and drink through the private dining line? The woman who book the cruise said that soda, snacks and decorations are included but if I wanted a bday cake or alcohol I would have to call a seperate number which she gave to me.

I'm sorry Tiffany, I don't have any experience with ordering food. We usually go after an early ADR and are stuffed from wherever we've just eaten. I wouldn't feel funny calling the number on just a fact finding mission though. Just to sort out the cost of things and such. Good Luck!

Thanks. We are also going to having dinner before going on the cruise but since it is a member of our parties 41st birthday that day I wanted to have a cake. I think I will give the number a call. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter