• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On Board Tastings

We did the wine tasting in 2007, can't remember the price but we enjoyed it! In January we did the International Beer tasting and it was $15/person, had a great time and they give you five beers, each about 10oz......too much for me to drink! Lol
Omg my DH & I LOVED the martini tasting (Dream)! Although I'll admit that I was LIT by the end. Alexandra was fantastic. Would do again in a heartbeat.

When do you register for the tastings? Do you just find them in the navigator and show up or do you pre-register? If you pre-register do you do it online during pre-checkin or when you get on board at Guest Services?

When do you sign up for the tastings? Do they frequently sell out?

You sign up on board. Every day look at your Navigator. It will tell you when, what and where. Then, go sign up, the CM will charge your account, and give you tickets like your port excursion ones.

When we were on the Wonder, I think the champagne one was full but the whiskey and wine one was not. We missed any others because we didn't know to look for them (first cruise).

I wouldn't stress. You are ahead of the game just knowing to look for them.

On the jan 17 cruise on the dream I did the champagne tasting and it was 4 huge glasses. At $30 per person. I was also the only one in there besides my dh who doesn't drink so it was sorta awkward. I signed up back in the district as soon as we boarded. I also did the tequila/margarita tasting at $15 per person. You tasted 3 different kinds of straight tequila and 2 different margaritas which the bartender refilled until he ran out of. This tasting was a full house. So sign up early.

Silverfox97 said:
One word: MIXOLOGY ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

AGREED! DH and I did this one on the Dream and loved it! Will do it again on the next cruise. We did the wine tasting on the Wonder a few years ago and it was nice. I am looking forward to the martini tasting too.

I just remembered that we also did a dessert wine tasting on the Dream. We love ice wine, which was offered, as well as some other delicious sweet wines. If you like sweet wine, I definitely recommend this one.

I wanted to do the wine and the mixology ones but they didn't offer it on our cruise. But I hope they do when we go in nov

islandtimect said:
Do they serve snacks at the tastings? I cant drink on an empty stomach but wish i could. dde1d

We had them bring us peanuts from O'Gills to us while we did Mixology in Skyline.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Do they serve snacks at the tastings? I cant drink on an empty stomach but wish i could. ��

Eat before you go - you'll need a good base of food to help with the absorption of all that alcohol.

I did the martini tasting aboard the Dream and it was really great.

The CM put out a lot of extra sets of glasses assuming others would come in at the last minute but in fact, a couple of people didn't show up. I sat at a table set for 4, another couple sat at another table set for 4 and the last 3 people sat at 2 other tables set for 4.

The bartender had pre-poured the first 2 drinks and maybe even the third one. He let us drink whatever of the extra stuff we wanted.

I went back to the cabin feeling pretty fine that afternoon :upsidedow

PrincessTrisha said:
I went back to the cabin feeling pretty fine that afternoon :upsidedow

My BFF did two tastings back to back one day (I couldn't join her because I was pregnant). She had a VERY good afternoon. :lmao:

Our cruise meet did a private mixology which took place in Outlook Bar. It was so much fun, and what a deal for only $15. We made 5 different drinks, but actually got a couple bonus when extra was made or bottles were left on the table. :ssst: We did have to have a 25 person minimum for them to do the private class, but it was a good get together for the DIS group adults. I wanted to do the margarita/tequila tasting, but unfortunately enjoyed a little too much of that in Cozumel :cool2:

I would like to do a tasting with my daughter but she is just shy of her 21th. How strict are they about age?

poohlovermom said:
I would like to do a tasting with my daughter but she is just shy of her 21th. How strict are they about age?

They are very strict. Under 21 = no drinking. :)

Love all the notes!

Had drinks last night with my dad and we talked about doing the tastings! We are ago!!!!!

I'm so excited that someone posted about this particular question because I had the same questions regarding the tasting this just makes me so excited for our upcoming cruise in September!!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter