On board navigator official app

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Just seen this on the iTunes App Store, haven't seen it mentioned here before. I will be on 9/14 sailing so will report back.

Search iTunes App Store for Disney cruise and the navigator app is there.

Very interesting. Looks like a public beta test just on those two cruises.

Hopefully it's successful. Such a great idea. I'd use the crap out of it on my iPad mini.

They had something similar to this mentioned in our post cruise survey last spring. Neat that they're doing it!

Right now its an iPhone app, which means you don't get the full screen on an IPad, I hope this changes before they go full release with this app.

Downloaded it for my SG III and it looks nice.

I hope they let you look at PDF'S of navigators. Should be easy enough to create a link to existing ones.

Looking forward to trying in January :3dglasses

Downloaded the Android version - even though I'll be on the Dream on the 22nd. Please keep us posted on the "expansion" of the availability.

This is a great idea. I've wished in past sailings that they had something like this. Having the navigator on my phone means one less thing to have to carry around.

This is a great idea. I've wished in past sailings that they had something like this. Having the navigator on my phone means one less thing to have to carry around.

Really? Wouldn't you be carrying your phone instead of a Navigator, i.e. not really carrying anything less, just something different?

While I think it's neat, I love not carrying my phone and being disconnected on our cruises. I don't mind carrying a Navigator (which often gets wet at the pool deck). I use my iPhone for pics on the first day, then it stays docked in the iHome.

I know I'm in the minority. I don't FB, I still like to hand write letters & Thank You cards, and prefer not to use my iPhone while cruising....... Old fashioned I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Really? Wouldn't you be carrying your phone instead of a Navigator, i.e. not really carrying anything less, just something different?

While I think it's neat, I love not carrying my phone and being disconnected on our cruises. I don't mind carrying a Navigator (which often gets wet at the pool deck). I use my iPhone for pics on the first day, then it stays docked in the iHome.

I know I'm in the minority. I don't FB, I still like to hand write letters & Thank You cards, and prefer not to use my iPhone while cruising....... Old fashioned I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't disagree with you, but I still plan on disconnecting. I'll be switching to airplane mode, and turning off wifi. I have no intention on checking fb, my phone or text or anything else while on the cruise. But, even before the app was released I planned on carrying my phone for the camera, but that's it. And I never carried the navigator bc it was too big and I have nothing to carry it in. I've missed many an event bc I didn't have one and didn't want to go to gs to get a new one. I hope this will help save paper in the long run.

I love this! I hope it leads to more NextGen things on the ships! Especially Magicbands!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter