• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On board Iron's

I can't comment on the irons as we never used them. We packed Downy Wrinkle Releaser and between that and some steam from the shower, we never needed an iron! I would definitely recommend picking up some of the Downy.

Hi There,

The irons-or lack there of, was my only complaint about the entire cruise. They have TWO..a whopping two irons on the entire ship. They are located in the laundry rooms, which are tiny to begin with. The ironing board pulls down from the wall, and has an atiquated iron to use. Plus.. both times I used it, I waited an average of 45 minutes. There were many people waiting in line and most of them ironed their entire families outfits at one setting. I would highly recommend bringing your own iron, or that Downey stuff someone mentioned earlier. I don't know if you can request one from the steward or not. I know we did at the Resorts, but didn't think to on the cruise.

I never used the onboard iron, but did laundry in the laundry room on deck 2, and I can tell you that laundry room is TINY, long and skinny. The ironing board was a small one. I watched a lady use the iron once, and she had practically no room to do her ironing, with the washers and dryers practically touching her back, and I've heard others talk about brown stuff getting on their cloths. We took our own,and used it when we wanted to in our own room. I know you aren't supposed to, but we did anyways, and it was fine. I can't go anywhere without my own iron.

I have photos of the irons and ironing boards on my website at www.castawayclub.com (look under the section with laundry room photos). For safety reasons, you are not supposed to bring your own iron on board (I can understand why, as on one of our cruises our stateroom had the shape of an iron burned into one of the surfaces).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter