On Board Credit Questions

Docmom

Mouseketeer
Looking at prior posts about on board credit I saw some comments about a $25 credit for booking online. I booked our first cruise for April online with Kids Sail Free discount. There was no mention of OBC. Was that an old promo or will it show up on our statement on the cruise? Also if we book a second cruise while onboard (should I say when we book a second cruise) will the OBC be per stateroom or per person? If per person does that include children or just adults? Thanks!

Looking at prior posts about on board credit I saw some comments about a $25 credit for booking online. I booked our first cruise for April online with Kids Sail Free discount. There was no mention of OBC. Was that an old promo or will it show up on our statement on the cruise? Also if we book a second cruise while onboard (should I say when we book a second cruise) will the OBC be per stateroom or per person? If per person does that include children or just adults? Thanks!

There is a $25 online booking OBC that pops up every now and then. Whether or not your cruise had it, I think you would have seen something about it when you made the booking. But it doesn't show up on the reservation, once made.

I believe the OBC for booking onboard is per room.

"Starting on June 1, 2012 Disney has discontinued this program for new reservations"....quote from an email I got from my travel agent. We booked before June 1, so we got in on it but she was informing me for future reference.
It was per room.

Even if it was available at the time, I'm not sure if you can combine Kids Sail Free with any other discount, but I'm sure someone here will let us know.

We did kids cruise free on our 6 night from Galveston and our TA gave us $175 shipboard credit for the cabin. So in this case, the deals were combined.

I did get the $25 credit on my last cruise for booking online (the TA did it). I think I booked it 11/18/12 and sailed at Christmas. I did have another discount (FLR rate).

The TA didn't mention it this time, so I assumed the special was over.

Nancy

We did kids cruise free on our 6 night from Galveston and our TA gave us $175 shipboard credit for the cabin. So in this case, the deals were combined.

But that's what the TA gave you. I'm wondering if Disney would let you combine the 2:confused3

From DCL's website:

Important Details

•Rate does not include Government Taxes and Fees of approximately $65 per person (subject to change), Gratuities or Port Adventures.
•Offer excludes IGT, OGT and VGT Categories with Restrictions.
•This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. •Must mention booking code DRM at time of booking.
•Rates in U.S. dollars.
•Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions.

I'm going to say 'no' it can't be combined.

They did offer the $25 OBC for a short time for booking online. I booked a cruise in December and did receive the $25 but did not receive it for the cruise I booked in January. It was only available for a short time but if you booked online you would have saw it at the time of booking. If a TA made your reservation they can tell you if you received it or not. :)

I booked online and didn't see anything. Got a great deal with KSF so not complaining!!! As for TA's, how do you add one to your booking so we can get their OBC in the future? I'm guessing it's too late to add one now as cruise paid for (going April 22) but looking around for one as will want to book onboard in April for another. Can I add a TA to the booking I do onboard? Want to get the Disney 10% discount. Also are those refundable? I finish chemo in March and while they think the cancer is all gone it freaks me out a bit to plan ahead more than a few months.

I booked online and didn't see anything. Got a great deal with KSF so not complaining!!! As for TA's, how do you add one to your booking so we can get their OBC in the future? I'm guessing it's too late to add one now as cruise paid for (going April 22) but looking around for one as will want to book onboard in April for another. Can I add a TA to the booking I do onboard? Want to get the Disney 10% discount. Also are those refundable? I finish chemo in March and while they think the cancer is all gone it freaks me out a bit to plan ahead more than a few months.

If you are planning to book onboard it is best to go ahead and name your TA at that time so that you can take advantage of whatever OBC the TA offers. You can transfer within 30 days of booking thru DCL but most TAs will only give you half of their OBC. You will still get the 10% discount from DCL plus depending on the length of your cruise, DCL will give you OBC for booking onboard. It is $100 for less than 7 nights and $200 for 7 or more. Plus if you name a TA that offers OBC you will get that also. The deposit you pay for onboard booking are refundable as long as you cancel it before the penalty period. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks! Totally answered my questions and eased concerns about booking! Now to decide which one to book ;)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter