On Board Credit...DU

WDWaholicDCLnut

Earning My Ears
ok...who doesn't like getting an onboard credit. D U seems to have the best. How was your experience booking with them?

ok...who doesn't like getting an onboard credit. D U seems to have the best. How was your experience booking with them?

I have booked with them in the past but now use another agency.

They are mainly internet based ie via E Mail rather than by phone.

OBCs are good.

They run these boards.

DU has been wonderful. I like using internet for contacting them, since I have a slight speech impairment. TA gets back with me right away. :thumbsup2And the gift basket, if sailing out of Canaveral , are fabulous, just fab.

I can't speak for all of the agents but Beth Czada has been great. She was my agent for my last cruise and I have two more booked with her. She is great about letting you know when she is going to be out of town and answers my emails in a very timely manner. The OBC is great too!

We've used Dreams for 9 cruises so far and have 4 more booked. Always good service. :thumbsup2

Newbie question here: What is "D U", how can I find them, and what benefits do they offer for booking with them? Thanks!

I have used them to book all my Disney cruises. The onboard credit is nice. I think your service depends on which agent you have with them (just like with anything). My agent is Debra Lopez and she has not always been quick to respond, but during the last year she has significantly improved her response time. I suspect she was working elsewhere before.

I did have an issue that could have turned out to cost me money, but luckily since I am all over these boards that have all the info I need it did not happen. I made a booking onboard and later moved it to a different ship and date that departs three days earlier than my original cruise date booking. Their website has a system to sign in to make payments that has balance and due date, ect. While Debra was very quick to make the change to the new date, the information on my paid in full date was not updated. All the other information had been changed to reflect the new booking, but I did not notice at the time. The only time I have been able to talk to a person at DU is when I make payments (with my Target Disney gift cards which they are nice about). I am slightly neurotic about cruise planning and I counted the days to make sure I was in the 75 day window to accumulate my Target Disney gift cards in time, and DU's date was off by three days. I plan because I use my Target REDCARD to save 5% and Target Pharmacy rewards to save an additional 5% off day of shopping after filling 5 prescriptions. So while I was figuring I needed to take myself and 2 children to get flu shots (that count towards the 5 Rx's needed) in time enough to get the pharmacy reward certificate in time enough to pay my balance, I noticed the discrepancy. I spoke to one of the ladies that processed payments and asked her to double check my PIF date, because my calculations were different and email me if it was earlier. Turns out I was right about the 3 day earlier PIF date. She sent me an email the same day after checking with DCL. If I had not figured this out, I would have lost the reservation and had to rebook at a higher rate. I know we all make mistakes, and I am glad I did not have to figure out who would have paid (me or DU) for this one!

I am currently using DU for our first DCL cruise. Everything has been great. My agent is very quick in responding with any questions we have had and was a big help when we decided to upgrade. Calling in to change our deposit after I had gotten a Disney Visa (for that additional OBC) went very smooth and fast. Payments are very easy to make online. So far I have been very happy with DU and would probably use them again. Plus, I couldn't find anywhere that offered better OBC (I've also heard there is a gift basket as a PP mentioned, but I really don't know anything about that).

We used BethF for our cruise in 2012 and again for our cruise in 2 weeks, communication was fast, she is always available to answer questions - plus the on board credit is awesome :)

I've used DU for several cruises and a land vacation. Never had any real issues with them. I use Marla as my ta. The only time I needed to speak with someone right then I emailed my phone number and she called within an hour and we were all n the same page. I don't remember off hand what it was but it was all handled efficiently and professionally.

So if we book with DU does that take away the ability to go onto the Disney Cruise site and make reservations etc through there - or can you still do this?

So if we book with DU does that take away the ability to go onto the Disney Cruise site and make reservations etc through there - or can you still do this?

You can still do that, but you can't call DCL, they won't speak to you, and you have to make payments through DU. Any changes to the reservation other then excursions etc has to be made by DU.

You still have complete freedom to book your dining, shore excursion, etc reservations yourself.

You can still log in and do your online checkin, book your excursions, adult dining, spa, etc. You just can't make changes to your reservation without going through your TA.

So we have a cruise coming in May. We PIF already...can we still transfer to DU??

So we have a cruise coming in May. We PIF already...can we still transfer to DU??

No, you need to transfer your reservation to a TA within 30 days of the original booking date [even after you switch to a different cruise date later on] and it cannot be PIF.

As the PP noted, no you're too late. However, if you book a future cruise on board you can specify Dreams Unlimited as your TA and get the OBC for that cruise.

I have booked 8 cruises with them (#7 coming in two weeks and #8 in 2015). They have been responsive, professional and helpful every time. Their OBC is as good as I have seen anywhere.

We met one of the owners (Pete) about 15 years ago - just prior to him starting this amazing community. He was a webmaster for UPS, if I recall. We found Pete to be a wonderful man and actually contemplated working with him to get DU started. We're kicking ourselves for passing up the opportunity!

In any event, we send all of our friends to DU. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter