On Board Booking Window Now 24 Months....

Ok, we leave in 3 weeks for a cruise. In summer 2016 we want to do an Alaskan cruise, obviously those are not available yet. So do we have to book some kind of dummy date like maybe a spring Carribbean date for 2016? Then once they release those dates, we have it changed to the Alaskan cruise date we want?

Can you book then on opening day using the 10% and reduced deposit?
Can you list Costco then as your Travel Agent?

New to all of this and trying to figure out how it would all work if we book on board. Please explain how we would go about this.

Thanks!
Lisa♠

We didn't book on our last cruise, but would have if it was 24 months!:mad:

Shoot - us too :mad:

I didn't book anything in August because we already have next October booked. But if it was 24 months, I would have booked another one for 2016 :(

So is this just from here on forward, or does it grandfather some of us back in?

We cruised Jan14 and did an onboard booking for later that year, but knew we were really going to use it Jan16. So we've moved it once already and lost our discount/OBB credit since it was to a dummy point more than 18 months out, which we knew would happen but what can you do.

But now we'll be moving it again to Jan16 this week... at which point we'll be cruising within 24 months of the original booking. Just curious if we'll get the credit/discount back. Well, we'll see this week... I'll post back aafterward either way, if anyone else is curious!

Ok, we leave in 3 weeks for a cruise. In summer 2016 we want to do an Alaskan cruise, obviously those are not available yet. So do we have to book some kind of dummy date like maybe a spring Carribbean date for 2016? Then once they release those dates, we have it changed to the Alaskan cruise date we want?

Can you book then on opening day using the 10% and reduced deposit?
Can you list Costco then as your Travel Agent?

New to all of this and trying to figure out how it would all work if we book on board. Please explain how we would go about this.

Thanks!
Lisa♠

It should work for you. Three weeks from now is clearly in the 24 month booking window of Alaska 2016. Just tell the on board booking desk what you want to do and they will find the best deal for you as a dummy cruise. Name Costco as your travel agent at the desk or call Costco and have them transfer the cruise to them within 30 days of returning.

Then call Costco Travel on the first day Alaska 2016 is available and have them transfer the OBB to the cruise of your choice (this is what we did and it worked very smoothly, even when we had to move it again).

This is such a sensible and obvious move -- as a previous poster said, they must surely have seen the bookings decline.

I booked a dummy on our last cruise just as a longshot. Here's hoping it's grandfathered to two years.

Ugh, we didn't book due to the 18 month rule either and we just got off the ship 10 days ago.:furious:

I just got off Sunday and received hint on board but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. Was told OB bookings were declining. We never saw a wait for sales, and vets know there is almost always a wait on sea days. They haven't said anything re the number of times you can change which is an issue for us with not knowing breaks this far out.

This works much better for us!!
I think 24mo. Is fair.. 18mo. Seemed squeeze A lot of guest.

I know for a fact we would NOT have been booking a BB on our up coming cruise.
We try to plan a cruise every other year. With the 18mo. Rule we are 6mo. Short of our next cruise.

OMG so stoked. No thank you on these itineraries. I'm holding out for better ones (i.e., anything but the Caribbean or Bahamas) prior to Sept (booked on WBTA).

SON OF A ! :furious:

We have everyone on the thread beat, I think. We got off this past Saturday.

I said to DW on Friday afternoon: if it was 24 months, we would have rebooked right then and there. We were talking about how we had no cruise booked, and it was all because the 18 month thing did not fit our long term plans.

I'm glad they changed it, but just a teeny bit miffed we're 3 days on the wrong side of it.

Same here. We just got off on 10/21. My MIL had splurged on concierge this time. I had our concierge rep check out a place holder for 2 connecting rooms on a future placeholder cruise. She came back with the cost & we ended up declining knowing we already have a fall cruise booked next year & wouldn't be able to use the place holder in the next 18 months & told her the 18 month rule was just killing us. We WOULD have booked had she let us know the 24 month rule was coming back within the week. :crazy2: We want to cruise in 2016 between July & October!

I'm so happy to hear they extended the window to 24 months. I did an OBB in August when we were on the Fantasy. I was debating if I would really use it as I was hoping to sail to Alaska in 2016. Now I'm really glad I did because I can book Alaska with the discount and OBC!!

I had an OBB and when I moved it past 18 months (was boarding but not disembarking within window) I lost my benefits. Now I would have had them. Kind of annoyed. Do you think I would have luck calling. They can follow my bookings and cancellations, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter