• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On Board Booking the same room?

DHCruise

Mouseketeer
Here is a summary:

We plan on doing a DCL cruise on June 2017, and another on December 2017. I want to book the December cruise right now to secure a specific room, BUT I do want to also take advantage of the 10% off while booking on board while on the June Cruise.

If I plan to do this, will I be able to keep the same room I originally booked while receiving the perks of the on board credit? How likely will the price go up for the December cruise while on board on the June cruise?

Another question, while booking the December cruise, I also plan on transferring the reservation to Costco. Will that affect the OBB process while we're on the June cruise? (ie, as far as the 10% discount)

Thank you again Disboards. I look forward to getting back in to this forum again. :cool1:

You would need to cancel the room you have booked and rebook it onboard. We just booked an OBB for a cruise we had already booked. I cancelled the existing reservation right before sail away. I booked again as soon as the desk opened. The room was available.

I also use Costco. We will still get the cash card from them. I had to call Costco after the cruise and give them the numbers. Costco told me they are not notified when you have OBB with them named. It was our first OBB for Costco.

I also use Costco. We will still get the cash card from them. I had to call Costco after the cruise and give them the numbers. Costco told me they are not notified when you have OBB with them named. It was our first OBB for Costco.

Oh ok. So i'm assuming the 30 day to transfer the reservation to Costco will reset after the OBB, since it would be a totally new booking.

Is it possible to cancel the original December booking the same time when trying to do the OBB in June? I don't want to take the chance of cancelling the booking before the sailing, then the room is taken. Disney cruisers grab staterooms quick! haha

Does OBB usually open the last night of the cruise?

Thanks again for the quick response! I greatly appreciate it.

I think at 7 pm the first night. My reservation was already with Costco so I could not cancel it out to sea. If your reservation is with DCL directly I would think you could cancel it when the desk is open.

If booked directly with DCL you are able to cancel the reservation when you're doing the OBC. If you used a TA or 3rd party DCL is unable to cancel the reservation. What I did was make the OBB. Named my usual TA. When I got home I asked her to cancel the old reservations and then switch cabins to what we had originally booked. There is a possibility that the cabin could be grabbed in the window between the cancelation and the cabin switch

I think at 7 pm the first night. My reservation was already with Costco so I could not cancel it out to sea. If your reservation is with DCL directly I would think you could cancel it when the desk is open.

Oh, so you're not allowed to cancel the cruise if it's already been transferred to Costco?

My plan was to book the December cruise soon, transfer to Costco within 30 days. Then while on the June cruise, see if there's a better deal by doing the OBB. If there is, then cancel the original Costco reservation and stick with the OBB. Then within 30 days of that, transfer to Costco. Would that plan work? :confused:

Be aware that there is a chance that the price may rise enough by June to nullify the 10% discount. I'd go to the Future Booking Desk on the day you embark to lock in the price in case it rises during your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter