? on American Thanksgiving

Stephen's Mom

<font color=green>Had a California Adventure<br><f
I'd like to know when the crowds from your Thanksgiving holiday die down at DL. Being from Canada, our Thanksgiving is always on a Monday in October and we only get one day off. How does that work in the US with Thanksgiving on a Thursday (Nov 22)? Will it be insanely busy from Thursday to Sunday? I've had to back our plans up a week due to a conflict with an office Christmas party and I want to make sure that arriving on the Monday following Thanksgiving isn't going to be a mistake.

Thanks!

Yes, it will be insanely busy the entire week preceding Thanksgiving and through the following Sunday. If you arrive on the Monday after Thanksgiving, you'll be fine. The parks are normally very slow from then until just before Christmas.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks so much! I was really worried I might have picked a busy week but it sounds like it should be great. I have one other really dumb question too. What time does it get dark at that time of year? I want to make sure we get a chance to see all the Christmas lights etc. but if the parks close at 6 pm will it be completely dark by then? Sorry if that's a silly question but it's usually dark around 6 or 6:30 pm here at that time but we do not have Daylight Savings Time in our province so I'm always a little confused when it comes to other areas!

Thanks!

Lucky you! The Monday after T day is perfect, some of the best times of the year in my opinion. I don't know exactly when it gets dark, but I did go last year around that time and saw the lights at MGM. The park was definitely open for that. I want to say 6pm, but I don't really remember. It is nice in soem ways that things close early, the lines are so short and it forces you to get some sleep!!! (that's of course if you don't wander to Downtown Disney after the parks close)

Jenn

Remember too, if the park "closes" at 6pm, you can grab a bench in the hub and watch the castle lights...listen to the music, and walk out the gate at 7 pm. It will for sure be dark by then !:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter