• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On a search for a healthier me.

I'm storing everyone's tips so that I can use it to become healthier.

Just wanted to throw out this website : www.toneteen.com

It give's great exercises for your arms, chest, back, stomach, and legs. It's good if you don't have access to yoga videos or workout stuff.

you guys all sound like youre doign a great job. i think its great that everyone is tryign to get healthier. i think it'll be easier if everyone uses everyone else for motivation too.

Well breakfast went good. I had some watermelon and one slice of toast. I used to eat two, but I really don't need the extra butter. Two TEASPOONS has enough fat there to kill someone. It's not actually butter, it's like margerine? I'm not sure, but it's not good for me.

Later I'll probably have and ice cream sandwich for a snack, and then around 4 I'm having supper and then I'm off to work. So I won't have a lot of food with me, I might have to have a small snack when I get off work.

I'm starting to write everything down today.
Eating breakfast now, had this container thing of honey nut cheerios and a cup of milk. Which actually turns out to be a lot of milk.
Near lunch I'll probably have this mixed berry granola bar.
Then around 3 I'll find another snack.
We'll eat dinner around 6 or 7, and I'm not sure what I'll be having.

Friday I'm gonna drag out the exercise bike again, find some tae bo videos, and this one pilates one I know we have.
I'll just take it slow though, exercise bike a half mile on day, and then start adding on different things.
I haven't worked out since school was out a month ago, so I don't want to suddenly start working.

Good Luck everyone!

hey everyone! I just wanted you guys to check out www.seventeen.com
they have great workouts and trainer videos! Just helping everyone! It's under the health and fitness section and then pull down to all access.

I'm going to exercise in a few minutes. I want to get it done before I shower.

i blew it. i cant deny sugar. i ate a reeses peanut butter cup... ):

Sure, I'll join. Yesterday was a good day to get all my junk food out of the way. Baseball games can be the end of a good diet. You just get so bored, all you do is eat xD

Well, I really don't like my body. I don't mind my weight, it's just my shape. I just found out what my body shape is called. I'm pear shaped.

weight01.gif

I hate being pear shaped. I researched about it last night, and all the fat goes to our hips, butt, and thighs.

People with a Pear Body Shape have hips wider than their shoulders because their bodies store fat there and on the thighs. Pear shaped bodies carry their extra weight below the waistline, and do not seem to have as high a risk of developing health problems like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, ... than people with an Apple Body Shape.

Pear shaped people usually lose fat in the upper body, so their overall shape doesn't change much when they lose weight.

I'm fine with above my waist, but once ya get to below the waistline...:worried:

I'm more of an apple shape or banana/ruler shape.
I have very little curves (banana/ruler) and most of my weight goes to my upper body or backside (banana/ruler and apple) The only exception is my thighs, muscley in the front, flabby in the back.

I have big hips and thighs, and a large bust.
I'm rather curvy.

I'm going for a walk in a couple of minutes. I'll probably die of heat in my work pants, but these are comfy for right now.

I found out that my BMI is 25.1. I am guessing that isn't very healthy.
I am 5'7''.So i think i need to lose some weight.I have a pool,a treadmill,and i have 2 diffrent dance dance revaloution. I have a question for someone who might know.

When i am sick,i can't really exercise,so what can i do to stay healthy...

I got in a run today...

30 minutes :]

I'm proud of myself...And now i'm downing water

Got back from my walk. I walked for about 30 minutes.
I just had some chicken for my supper (I have to go into work at 5) and I'm having some water now.

I haven't really eaten yet...

If i eat before i run i throw up so i couldn't do that....

its almost lunch anyway soo i'll have a salad or soemthing

Hm.
I've written everything down and dinner is in about 4 hours.
I haven't had many calories today. Only around 500.
I could sneak some more chocolate, but I don't really feel like it.
I'm not hungry since I just ate an apple. I'll see what we have for dinner.
I don't want it to end up being too low...but I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry either. Hmm.

I think tomorrow I'll go for a walk around the block for awhile.
Unless I can find someone who wants to go to like sonic and maybe I'll get a strawberry smoothie or water or something.

Books are starting to intrest me more today so I might get the bicycle out tomorrow and read while I cycle for awhile.

500 is WAY too little!
You're gonna starve yourself!
2000 is the normal amount of calories you should have, but if you're trying to lose weight, it should be about 1600-1800.

500 definitely isn't enough.
I haven't hit 1000 yet, as I've been snacking on things with next to no calories all day.
Actually, I lied, I probably just hit 1000 as I just had two homemade rolls =)
I might ahve something when I get back from work, I don't know. I hate eating before I go to bed.

HI! I am not looking to loose weight and I am a healthy person. I'm looking to condition my body for soccer in the fall (it's my first time playing) and to tone up my muscles. But for those looking to loose weight and become healthy here is my opinion:
Back in January I was having extreme stomach issues. I was back and forth to the hospital and always sick. It was insane. Long story short my doctors found out I had an allergy. They found I was allergic to milk as well as artificial sugar. The doctor told me that our bodies weren't meant to digest artifical sugars that are put in so many things. And essentially while those sugars aren't deadly, they are not good for you. So I began looking at the ingrediant labels on every package and found that almost every snack food and even healthier foods had artifical sugar. High Fructose Corn Syrup is the killer. It is used as a perservative, which is why the things found in your kitchen pantry or closet have a longer shelf life than the things in the refridgerator do. My advice is to try and eliminate it from your diet. Now trust me it's not going to be easy but as I have been doing it for about 6 months now, it is possible. I have a harder restriction though because i can't have dairy, so i'm sure it will be a bit easier for you. My typical menu goes as follows:
Breakfast ~
Life Cereal (now you can have any cereal but life is the only one without milk)
2 Slices of Bacon (you may want to stay away from it if you are trying to loose weight but it can provide protein and a good treat every once and while)
Fruit
Orange Juice

Morning Snack ~
Fruit
Nature Valley Granola Bars
Pretzals (only certain kinds)
Totilla Chips
Peanut Butter
Water

Lunch ~
Any lunch meat on a tortilla wrap
Fruit/Veggies
Water
Cereal/Nuts

Afternoon Snack~
same as above

Dinner ~
Any Meat
Rice or Potato (stay away from boxed potatoes they are more fattening)
Vegetable
Water

Dessert ~
Bakery Goods (have no artifiical sugar but should be precautioned and eaten as a treat)
Popsicles (check the labels)
Fruit and whipped cream (check labels)
Fruit Smoothies

Now remember I have a milk allergy as well so i'm sure you will have more options as to other things. Also, make sure you portion size and watch your fat and calorie content. Like other posters said you can have up to 1500 calories a day (about), and don't forget to drink lots of water and excercise as well!! Good luck in achieveing your goals!!!

this is a great idea! i started a thread like this last year and people were really into it (or so it seemed. haha) but i couldnt keep up with keeping it updated. mine was more of ways you could become healthier.

i am a cheerleader 24/7 and gymnast and last year i got very sick from not getting enough calories to go along with my lifestyle. i went to a nutritionist and he found out that i have a very high metabolism and the normal calorie intake for someone my age is to little for me so i have to eat more...but healthy at the same time.

so in response to that i eat an all natural diet. i don't eat steak...but am not vegitarian. if i am going to eat meat i make sure it is chicken or fish. plus i rarely eat fast food. if i am going to eat fast food it is subway.

i really hope people stick with this with kayla!! in the long run eating right and exercising is so rewarding and gives you self confidence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter