• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

and the part that really get me about all this..... who thinks that about 2 weeks after Christmas (IF even that) the kiddos will be like, "What hamsters"? (lol) mine probably will, and yet I still stress about finding her one...... :rolleyes1

That is SOOO true! Santa brought a Playstation 3 last year and the kids have barely even looked at it. We thought it would be the hottest thing ever!

Our area Shopko has tons of the items, buy one get the second half off, plus 20% off the total.

I am so happy I was able to get them before the holiday rush!

I must be really lucky because I haven't had much trouble finding them. My first time looking there were none. I went to Walmart on a Friday evening with my DDs 9 and 7 - of course they had a ton of them when the kids were with me! DD7 had some birthday money and bought Chunk and the ball. She received another hammie and the surf board for her birthday at a party and I got the slide for her as well. I used the Target trick and saw they were in stock this weekend so Saturday morning I got the other two she doesn't have. I also picked up two more to donate to Toys for Tots. Then I went to Walmart and got the car and wheel. I'm usually not this lucky.

I went to Walmart yesterday & all I found was 2 beds. Lady there said to check 1st thing every morning. So I dropped DS off at school & headed to Walmart. Sure enough they had them. :thumbsup2I got the brown, grey, yellow & white hamsters, the fun house, 2 balls & the surf & sleep dome. Now I just need 2 more beds & the wheel. I may get the garage if I happen upon it but I'm mostly just going for what the kids have asked for. :santa:And I also scored a DSi from Dell last night for $129. :woohoo:Closer to being done w/ Christmas shopping.

We have been looking for a long time for these and none of the area stores have them! I finally broke down and bought 3 hamsters and the playhouse set on ebay. Wasn't too bad and paid under $100 for all of it, but still, I wish I could have found them in the stores.

At least I will have it for Christmas for my daughter who says this is the only thing she wants...but she says that every year about something! LOL

Bloomingdale Walmart has ZHU-ZHU pets accs. They are in a box rightnext to where the ZHU-ZHU pets are suppose to be. They might have some pets I just didn't want to open anymore cartons (boxes). I got the car:banana: and the ball. I am sp excited because I didn;t think I was going to find iether one of them.

So go quickly because I don't even think the CS know they are their!!!

liznboys ~ I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU!!! For that website!! Because of you posting that, I was able to get HAMSTERS today!!

:worship::cool1::cheer2::yay::flower3:

liznboys ~ I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU!!! For that website!! Because of you posting that, I was able to get HAMSTERS today!!

:worship::cool1::cheer2::yay::flower3:

According to the site 3 targets relatively near had them.. 2 said "Available" one said "limited availability".. thankfully I called all 3 before going out because all 3 said they had none in stock at all:(

So for those still looking.. CALL your target first!

According to the site 3 targets relatively near had them.. 2 said "Available" one said "limited availability".. thankfully I called all 3 before going out because all 3 said they had none in stock at all:(

So for those still looking.. CALL your target first!

It's looking like it's approx 60-90mins behind real time, at least for my stores, so that's something to keep in mind.

It's looking like it's approx 60-90mins behind real time, at least for my stores, so that's something to keep in mind.

The two Targets I went to after seeing the items listed on their website never had them. That is what irritates me!

Just called a 4th and 5th... none there either. And no... 2 of those stores haven't had them for a while... when I mentioned to one I saw on the site they had them they said they'd check to see if they came in over the weekend but they didn't.

If anyone wants to trade a pet for a DS game, I have a couple that I forgot to include when I sold my son's DS recently.

New in sealed package- Raving Rabbits
Civilization Revolution w/ case no instructions
Avatar Into the Inferno w/ case no instructions

Just a heads up that although the hunt has been tough and tiresome, it is now getting dangerous as well!!!!!!:scared1:
Maybe E-bay isn't so bad after all, you can shop from the safety of your home,:surfweb: and the extra that the sellers are making are probably ending up going for hospital bills anyway, if they have to fight like that to get there merchandise now.:crazy2:

This would almost be funny if it weren't so close to the way it is out there these days.

Last week, DD8 and I drove to WI for an American Girl benefit sale. I was amazed at how many people without children were in line talking about what they were buying to resell. One pooh-sized man in dirty overalls who I overhead talking to a friend on the phone while in line about still being unemployed and how badly his latest job interview went, actually bragged about going in several times to buy enough to last his ebay business thru the holidays. I bit my tongue but couldn't help thinking "geez, so this is what we do with our emergency funds now???" :rolleyes1

The sale staff was unprepared for the turnout and the checkout line alone exceeded an hour and a half. This was in additon to waiting in line for hours before the sale opened. There were easily thousands of people there anxiously waiting in line for the poor volunteer sales staff to open the doors and let the stampede begin.

There were some really incredible bargains and that really brought out the worst in people. As the first 200 or so people in line were let in, the race was literally on to where the items were stacked on tables. It was so bad that you had to fight to get to the table, then once you got there, people grabbed things out of your hands, so even picking items up was a challenge. Worse yet though, was trying to back out and look somewhere else. You'd think that they'd make room to let DD8 and I out so they could get in but instead we found ourselves pushed and shoved against the table, stuck there for what seemed like an eternity with no means of escape. :eek:

I think this year, because of the economy, everyone is either looking for a deal or planning to re-sell on ebay, and it is affecting their common sense. After witnessing this type of a crowd mentality on a Tuesday afternoon, there's no way I plan to be at any stores when they open on Black Friday. I hope not, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that somebody, somewhere, is going to get badly hurt while shopping this holiday season...:sad2:

The two Targets I went to after seeing the items listed on their website never had them. That is what irritates me!

where did you go? I went to:
Eagle Creek (found the 2nd u-turn I needed)
Southport
Plainfield (I got the hamsters around 12:30)

all had them this morning 100% for sure.

Washington Square
Castleton
and a couple others had them as well since they went from available to limited availability to out of stock before I was even able to get out of the house this morning.

Indy Glendale had them 'available' as of around 2pm and now says limited availability and Nora Plaza has said limited availability since mid-morning but started out at 9am as simply available.

Also I'm thinking limited availability means they have 1. LOL But maybe someone's stashed it somewhere in the store, yk? Eagle Creek has a 1 zhu zhu item per customer per day sign up.

we were going to wait until our much anticipated visit to Florida in December to get these little fellas....but after reading this thread decided to knuckle down and track some of the items and we must be really lucky here in the UK as I got the lot online:thumbsup2:thumbsup2.....we know them as Go Go Pets though (no idea why the name difference:confused3)
Some of your stories of queues for toys are unbelieveable:eek: it definately takes the fun out of Christmas, such a shame:sad1:

Thank you Halloweenqueen for posting about Shopko! I have 1 of each color on hold! I used to work at my local Shopko ~ I called and spoke with one of the Toys gals and she said they got them in on Fri. (88 of the hamsters) lots of accessories ~ they still have boxes in the back! So I'll stop by sometime this afternoon/evening and take a look at what they have! I picked up the Fun House @ WM a couple weeks ago. I admit I haven't searched that hard ~ kinda difficult, I'm single so I can't head out to WM at midnight. I work so I can't go out in the morning after dropping the kids off at school.

Etoys has the slide with ramp, wheel & tunnel set and car & garage playset in stock. They are $19.99 each. :scared1: I ordered them anyway because I don't have the "fight the crowds" mentality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter