OMG, shut yer trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the grand scheme of things, what he said was boneheaded but not really a big deal. Your DD seemed to handle it pretty well. Sounds like you've raised yourself a great kiddo! :goodvibes

You're right. It really wasn't a big deal, it just bugged me since my DD was standing right there, kwim?

You're right. It really wasn't a big deal, it just bugged me since my DD was standing right there, kwim?

Absolutely. :hug:

My students have been bugging me to watch that movie but I have big enough shark phobias as it is...not sure I can handle it. :eek:

Sounds like an inexperienced teenaged boy trying to make conversation. I'd be telling my daughter he meant well but said the wrong thing rather than calling him an idiot.

Why doesn't Target carry thread? That is a basic notion. It sounds like Target has the issues :confused3

I almost never go to Target because they often don't have what I need. I'll add thread to that list :confused:

Target may not have what you need, but I guarantee that they have everything you didn't know you needed. Today I went for toothpaste. A few pillows, gatorade, towels, gift wrap and clothes that I didn't know I needed ended up in my cart. That is why I try to avoid Target!

As for the kid, he's a dumb kid who speaks out of his butt. No harm, no foul. I do wonder why people don't like cashiers to comment on their purchases though. Too up in your business? Not a fan of the small talk?

Wow, you seem to wear your emotions on your sleeve! What a silly comment to let ruin your day.

I guess I'm not sure what the big deal is. I didn't see the movie, so I can't comment on the events surrounding her shark attack, but, surely, at 10, your daughter realizes that there are people out there who have opinions, and likes and dislikes that differ from hers?

Eh, he was a teen boy whose social skills aren't honed yet, I really don't see it as that big of a deal. If he had said, "Gee whiz! I love this movie!" would you be offended that he didn't "keep his opinion to himself and just check you out?"

I'm not normally one to comment on threads like this, but when I read the original post and saw the amount of angry/shocked smileys, I expected to read that the cashier had said something completely outrageous but frankly I'm really confused as to why this is a big deal? I haven't seen the film so I don't know anything about the plot but all I'm getting from this post is that there was someone who had a different opinion on a film to someone else? Is that correct? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just genuinely confused as to what the big deal is.

Absolutely. :hug:

My students have been bugging me to watch that movie but I have big enough shark phobias as it is...not sure I can handle it. :eek:

You should watch it, it is a very inspiring story. I made all my kids watch it.

That goes for any cashier, not just walmart. :)

Wow. With that attitude you must have people dying to befriend you.

Whatever happened to cutting people a little slack? I suppose you've never said something stupid that you wished you'd never said?

Like OP in the thread, I expected to see something absolutely horrible. All I see is a teenage boy saying something immature. What a surprise.

I'm confused by his logic. What does surfing alone have to do with getting attacked by a shark? It may not be a wise choice, but having another surfer around probably wouldn't have stopped the attack. It's not as if hungry sharks are afraid of us.

Wow. With that attitude you must have people dying to befriend you.

Whatever happened to cutting people a little slack? I suppose you've never said something stupid that you wished you'd never said?

Like OP in the thread, I expected to see something absolutely horrible. All I see is a teenage boy saying something immature. What a surprise.

:rotfl:

I could see myself getting annoyed at the kid, depending on my day. But it wouldn't haunt me. :smokin:

.... we bought the movie Soul Surfer, which my DD loves. So this teenage Walmart clerk says to me, with my 10year old DD standing next to me in the checkout "she deserved to get attacked by that shark. She never should have been surfing where there were no people."

:eek:

Are you freaking kidding me, kid? I must have given him a look like "WTH" because he said all defensive "have you even seen the movie?"

Umm, yes, idiot, I have seen the movie. :furious: And my DD has read Bethanny's book and knows exactly what happened.

As we're walking out, my DD said "She was wearing a watch and she thinks the reflection of the watch is what caught the sharks attention. She didn't deserve to get attacked, Mom!"

I told her no, she didn't and that guy was an idiot. :mad:
....wow. just......wow.

I'm not normally one to comment on threads like this, but when I read the original post and saw the amount of angry/shocked smileys, I expected to read that the cashier had said something completely outrageous but frankly I'm really confused as to why this is a big deal? I haven't seen the film so I don't know anything about the plot but all I'm getting from this post is that there was someone who had a different opinion on a film to someone else? Is that correct? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just genuinely confused as to what the big deal is.

I agree I really don't see the big deal. If your DD doesn't know by 10 that there are different opinions and ideas of what happened in situations then I say the teen did her a favor!

No one ever disagrees with her over what she likes or why she thinks something happened? I guess she must not have any older siblings to bring her back to reality over always being right.

Mine would have probably told him why they thought he was wrong and we would have talked about it in the car and who we thought had the more plausible thinking.

Forgot to mention that IMO the only idiot is someone who thinks their opinion is the only right one and won't even consider other peoples views........

I don't understand how wishing someone harm is another opinion that a 10 year old should take in consideration. It isn't like he said I don't think you should watch this movie, or someone that young shouldn't have been swimming alone but to say a teenage girl should almost die and lose an arm and to deserve it isn't really an opinion that I would defend to any of my kids!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter