OMG! OMG! OMG! Guess what I just found out about the NYC cruises????

At a minimum I would guess the cost of the transfers (port to WDW and back) will somehow be factored in to the cruise price. While the WDW tickets won't probably cost DCL anything (or very little compared to what we would have to pay for them), the transfers certainly will (buses, gas, drivers).
It's hard to compare cruise prices since there are so many factors that go into "demand" which is what the pricing is really all about (ship, itinerary, time of year/week, how long ago it was released for booking). I don't think there is any way to prove one way or the other if these are really "free". We only know that they are "included".
For myself, I was disappointed in this inclusion because I figured it was something I was paying for (at least partially) and I'm not sure we would want to take advantage of it. As they say, there are two sides to every coin.
I can totally understand how the OP would be excited, though. If you were planning to go to WDW during that stop and didn't realize it was included, it would be AWESOME news!

Better to compare the per-night cost of other Magic cruises from Port Canaveral or Galveston.

Ok! I got it now. Thanks

8 night Magic sailing out of Galveston:
2 adults in an 11A stateroom:
$3543.60= $442.94/night (No WDW tickets)

8 Night Magic sailing out of NYC:
$3299.12= $412.38/night (incl. WDW ticket)

Both sailings are on the Magic. Both are 8 nights in duration. Both sailings have 4 ports of call and 4 days at sea. NYC sails in Aug. 2012, TX sails in Dec. 2012.

Again...not seeing that we are paying for these hopper passes.

I just don't want the AP holders screaming FOUL about this if we are not paying for the passes.

I am trying to compare it to cruises that sail around the same time. So I can't compare a Magic sailing in Aug 2012 to a Magic sailing today. The booking window is too close, the price is much higher the closer to your sail date.

I am comparing prices as if TODAY was the day I decided to book my cruise. Do I want to take a cruise that includes a day at WDW or a cruise that does not. Let me see if I am paying for that day at WDW:

Aug 4, 2012 7 night Fantasy:
2 adults: $3547.40= $506.76 per night (No WDW ticket)

Aug 17, 2012 8 night Magic:
2 adults: $3299.12= $412.38 (incl. WDW ticket)

I know the Magic is an older ship, so we are paying less money to sail on her. If we were paying for our day at WDW, then we would be paying the same, of not more than the Fantasy.

I am just not seeing how DCL has "rolled" the price of the WDW passes into the cruise. People sailing on the Fantasy in the same time frame (the Aug 18th sailing didn't have a quote for the 11A staterooms) are paying almost $100 more per night to sail and they don't get a day at Disney.

As I said, you CAN'T compare two brand-new ships sailing in the summer of 2012, that have been available to book 6 months longer than the summer Magic cruises from NYC!

Here is a comparison of the last Magic 8-night Bahamas cruise with the first 7-night Magic Caribbean cruise from Galveston:

August 25, 2012, last 8-night Magic cruise from NYC in 11A - $1440 pp + taxes = $3043.12 = $380.39/night.

Sept. 22, 2012, first 7-night Magic cruise from Galveston in 11B (no 11A) - $945 pp + taxes = $1981.08 = $283.01/night. (A 10C is $1995.08 or $285.01/night.)

As I said, you CAN'T compare two brand-new ships sailing in the summer of 2012, that have been available to book 6 months longer than the summer Magic cruises from NYC!

Here is a comparison of the last Magic 8-night Bahamas cruise with the first 7-night Magic Caribbean cruise from Galveston:

August 25, 2012, last 8-night Magic cruise from NYC in 11A - $1440 pp + taxes = $3043.12 = $380.39/night.

Sept. 22, 2012, first 7-night Magic cruise from Galveston in 11B (no 11A) - $945 pp + taxes = $1981.08 = $283.01/night. (A 10C is $1995.08 or $285.01/night.)

I think you're confusing me. I don't think the amount of time the cruise has been available to book matters. I am looking at it as if I chose today to book a cruise. Todays prices.

I did make the mistake and try to compare the diffente ships. I then went and compared 11A Magic in both NYC and TX.

The TX cruise is further away than the NYC cruise and it still comes out higher.

Ok! I got it now. Thanks

8 night Magic sailing out of Galveston:
$3543.60= $442.94/night (No WDW tickets)

8 Night Magic sailing out of NYC:
$3299.12= $412.38/night (incl. WDW ticket)

Both sailings are on the Magic. Both are 8 nights in duration. Both sailings have 4 ports of call and 4 days at sea. NYC sails in Aug. 2012, TX sails in Dec. 2012.

Again...not seeing that we are paying for these hopper passes.

I just don't want the AP holders screaming FOUL about this if we are not paying for the passes.

You chose the Christmas week cruise to do your price comparison! The first two December cruises in an 11A are $1869.08. *The first two Dec. cruises are 7 nights @ $267.01/night vs. the Dec. 21 8-night cruise @ $442.95/night!

**By the way - the 8-night Bahamas cruises from NYC go to 3 ports, not 4.

I think you're confusing me. I don't think the amount of time the cruise has been available to book matters. I am looking at it as if I chose today to book a cruise. Todays prices.

I did make the mistake and try to compare the diffente ships. I then went and compared 11A Magic in both NYC and TX.

The TX cruise is further away than the NYC cruise and it still comes out higher.

The Aug. 25 and the Sept. 22 Magic cruises are today's prices. Prices for the Fantasy and Dream are irrelevant.

Holy crap, I am so excited I can't believe it......

A couple of months ago, I added my niece and nephew to our 8 day Magic cruise out of NYC next August. Well, my sister doesn't want to spend the money so this morning, I called to have them removed from the reservation.

(you didn't need to know that , but I am babbling)

Anyway, while I had her on the phone, I asked how I could look up the Port Canaveral excursions on the website. I know I can't book until 105 days out, but I wanted to see what they were offering, particularly WDW. I knew they would be offering a day at the parks, obviously, I wanted to see the pricing. She said they have not put the info on Port Canaveral on the website yet, but this is what she could tell me about WDW:

Are you all ready for this?????????

On the Port Canaveral day, we will be getting a one day Park Hopper Pass with transportation.....to quote Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories...."For Freeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

For my family of five, a one day park hopper pass costs $639.

Between the online booking stateroom credit of $250 x 2 (two staterooms) and now this....I think this is well worth the cruise now. We won't have to drive to FLA, just NYC (4 hours as opposed to 24 hours).

So, if you are on the fence about booking out of NYC, just know that the price of your cruise includes a free day at WDW. :cool1::cool1:

Unlike others here, I didn't know about this. While looking at the port stops, the first question that came to my mind for the NYC sailing was..."Why the heck would u stop at PC". Now your revelation answers that question. It makes way more sense now.

If you are comparing 4 nights to the Bahamas on the Dream from Port Canaveral to 8-nights on the Magic from NYC in the summer of 2012 - the Magic is the better value. However, 7 nights on the Magic from Galveston to the Caribbean in Sept. 2012 is a better value than 8 nights on the Magic from NYC - except for the Christmas week cruise on the Magic. DCL's soda isn't "free" - and neither are the tickets to WDW that are included in the Magic's price from NYC.

Also those transfers to and from WDW are a $70 per person cost ! So you save that as well.

Between the online booking stateroom credit of $250 x 2 (two staterooms) and now this....I think this is well worth the cruise now. We won't have to drive to FLA, just NYC (4 hours as opposed to 24 hours).

May I ask please how did you get the $250 credit per stateroom? Did you book with DCL or who?

thanks!

Disney cruises in general are high. I just compared a cruise with WDW tickets to a cruise without WDW tickets. The cruise WITH the tickets is less, so can you explain how we are paying for the tickets?

(I narrowed it down to price per night, so the length of the cruise wouldn't matter)
Are the 2 cruises going to the same ports? Part of the cost of a cruise is based on how much the port charges DCL to dock there, and the charges can vary greatly from port to port. Port Canaveral is probably not an expensive port for DCL, since they have a dedicated dock there. You'd need to know all of that information to actually decide if the cost of the tickets is rolled in or not. Just comparing how much they are charging for each cruise really doesn't prove a thing. (They'll charge more for a more popular cruise, just because they can). For all you know, that cruise to NYC could be $300 cheaper if you weren't getting the tickets and the transportation. You're still comparing apples and oranges. You can prove which one is the better value, but in no way does that show that the cost of the tickets/bus are not included in the price of the NYC cruise. The only way you could do that is if you had 2 identical itineraries, but one did not include WDW tickets/bus. But even then, demand for that cruise might be lower, so you still haven't proved anything for sure.

Sayhello

Both the Dream (3-5 nights) and the Magic (8 nights) go to the Bahamas in the summer, and the Magic goes to one more port (Port Canaveral). The Fantasy alternates between 7-night eastern and western Caribbean cruises. The Dream and Fantasy are extremely popular, and their prices are sky high in the summer. If I were determined to go on a Disney cruise during the summer - the 8-night Magic cruise from NYC with WDW tickets and transportation included (not "free") is what I would choose over the Dream or the Fantasy.

The closest comparison one can make are the fall 2012 western Caribbean cruises on the Magic from Galveston vs. the western Caribbean cruises on the Fantasy from Port Canaveral. The Fantasy goes to one more port (Castaway Cay), and the ships have different home ports. The Fantasy costs more than the Magic for similar cruise dates, and the Fantasy's starting prices were also higher than the Magic's.

**Looking at the Dec. 8, 2012 western Caribbean cruises on both the Magic (Galveston) and the Fantasy (Port Canaveral) - the government taxes are $45.54 pp on the Magic and $72.70 on the Fantasy. The least expensive cabins start at $868 pp on the Magic and $1099 pp on the Fantasy. You're paying $258 pp more to sail on the Fantasy than on the Magic on Dec. 8, 2012 in the least expensive cabins.

We've gotten a bit off topic here but as this is a peeve of mine, I have to add my two cents. The price of the tickets and transportation are "included" -- that's DCL's wording not mine. To me, that means I've paid for them already. You can do all the calculations you want on today's prices but they are all influenced by supply and demand and aren't going to tell you anything about what DCL used to build the starting price. I booked 1st day, on the phone with DCL. Price per night is one of the highest I've ever paid for a Bahamas cruise. So I feel that I have paid for the tickets and transportation. I also feel that DCL did a bait and switch on this. They advertised that a one day park hopper pass was included. The initial listings and the rep I booked my cruise with all just called it a one day park hopper pass. But it isn't, it's a very restricted one day (the day the ship is in port)park hopper pass and you don't find that out unless you dig through the itinerary information on the website to find one place that has an asterisk and footnote.

So while I'm happy for the OP because they bought the cruise not knowing they were getting anything. I bought the cruise thinking that I had a couple of one day passes that I could use in the future (as we aren't planning on doing the parks commando style for one day).

We've gotten a bit off topic here but as this is a peeve of mine, I have to add my two cents. The price of the tickets and transportation are "included" -- that's DCL's wording not mine. To me, that means I've paid for them already. You can do all the calculations you want on today's prices but they are all influenced by supply and demand and aren't going to tell you anything about what DCL used to build the starting price. I booked 1st day, on the phone with DCL. Price per night is one of the highest I've ever paid for a Bahamas cruise. So I feel that I have paid for the tickets and transportation. I also feel that DCL did a bait and switch on this. They advertised that a one day park hopper pass was included. The initial listings and the rep I booked my cruise with all just called it a one day park hopper pass. But it isn't, it's a very restricted one day (the day the ship is in port)park hopper pass and you don't find that out unless you dig through the itinerary information on the website to find one place that has an asterisk and footnote.

So while I'm happy for the OP because they bought the cruise not knowing they were getting anything. I bought the cruise thinking that I had a couple of one day passes that I could use in the future (as we aren't planning on doing the parks commando style for one day).
If enough people complain about that fact, perhaps DCL will change the ticket to a regular one-day hopper.

Bless, can't believe you booked this and didn't actually know about it! I got all excited thinking there was something exciting I didn't know about, but am glad you're happy about it as you've just found out! :)

That sounds very condescending. I didn't know and I'm sure, as other posters have said, a lot of other people don't know either.

I would rather have information posted several times than not at all. :)

That's news to me!!! We will be booking from our cruise in October, and we can drive to NYC so sailing out of their port, stopping off at PC for a 'day at the park' then heading off on our vacation sounds like a GREAT vacation!!!!

We have been considering booking this cruise in June through DVC. I had heard they were going to do transfers to WDW, but couldn't find any confirmation on the website to that fact. So I wasn't sure if it was a rumor or not!

:thumbsup2 Very cool though.

hey if people don't want to trek to WDW, the pools should be pretty empty! You know all the kids will be expecting to go to Disney!

I wonder how many buses they'll need to move the people to WDW. Also what time they will leave pc and leave WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter