• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG it's sooooo cold!!

poppie123

DIS Veteran
Anyone arriving in the next few days make sure you bring lots of warm weather gear.
We arrived yesterday after a nightmare journey via indirect Eurostar ( that's a whole other story ) and my good god its cold.
It was -5 today, absolutely bitter. My poor 70 year old mum is really feeling it.

Anyone arriving in the next few days make sure you bring lots of warm weather gear.
We arrived yesterday after a nightmare journey via indirect Eurostar ( that's a whole other story ) and my good god its cold.
It was -5 today, absolutely bitter. My poor 70 year old mum is really feeling it.

Poor yous :grouphug:

That's the feel like temperature, today real temp wasn't too bad 2° but prepare yourself for tomorrown morning as it is going to be -2° real temperature out of the wind (feels like -9°) and -6° real in the wind which of course describes the Disney Village and the esplanades.

The drier and sunny it is the colder it will be. I'd forgotten how cold it gets here after 2 years away, at least it's not snowing

Hope you have a lovely time regardless and it gives you an excuse to visit the Café Fantasia to warm up and have cake and coffee:cake:

Eek, thanks for warning... we arrive on Monday. Was already packing the thermals but undecided about the snow boots, guess they'll have to go in too. Should be dry though? DS and I have very warm down coats but they are not waterproof. The waterproof coats are not so warm and I can't manage the extra luggage on the train taking two coats.

I hope you and your mum manage to keep out of the wind and find enough warm attractions to enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Eek, thanks for warning... we arrive on Monday. Was already packing the thermals but undecided about the snow boots, guess they'll have to go in too. Should be dry though? DS and I have very warm down coats but they are not waterproof. The waterproof coats are not so warm and I can't manage the extra luggage on the train taking two coats.

I hope you and your mum manage to keep out of the wind and find enough warm attractions to enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

No rain planned really all week or snow either - it's this weekend that going to be the coldest then it will warm up a bit but it is always feels colder in that bit around the station, Village and the hotels as there is no protection from the wind chill. :-)

Thanks for that, it's the down coats, plus hats, gloves and scarves then and I think I'll pack the boots to keep our feet warm even if it isn't snowing. I see Park closure moves to 20.00 next week so we'll have later evenings standing still watching Dreams. We'll have fun whatever!

not what I wanted to hear! but have to be realistic I suppose. we have snowboots for warmth more than anything else. good warm coats too, plus all the accessories. extra layers for our legs too; they're often forgotten about.

No rain planned really all week or snow either - it's this weekend that going to be the coldest then it will warm up a bit but it is always feels colder in that bit around the station, Village and the hotels as there is no protection from the wind chill. :-)

I think cold but dry is ideal winter weather. We were coldest on a very wet day on our December trip.

OMG thanks for the warning, I'm arriving tomorrow! Need to re-think what I should wear and pack. London's been cold but not bitterly, so I guess I thought Paris would be similar. Ugg boots at the ready!

Thanks for the warning, i'm going on Monday and already dreading it because I don't have warm shoes :| think i'll put trainer socks on with thermal socks on top then!

That's in Celsius right? So it's not really that cold... that converts to about 50 Fahrenheit correct? ;)

Seriously, I feel for you.. a cold amusement park is not fun... I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida for Christmas and it was 34 F degrees.. Riding roller coasters at that temperature is insane.. but I did it anyway :)

You're not going to get any sympathy from me ;) it may be cold but at least you're at Disney! :thumbsup2

Seriously though, wrap up warm, have lots of hot chocolate breaks and have a great time! :goodvibes

I may be a little strange but I love it when it's cold! As long as it's not raining. Fingers crossed for that, arriving a week today!

After spending a summer in Orlando at WDW, I think I might enjoy the cold as well. Just hope I am bringing all the proper gear!

This morning is the first where I see the cars windscreens frozen - I have had the window open a bit and it's a dry cold but there's little wind atm. EMH will be very chilly I'm thinking :cold:

We arrived this afternoon and we went out into the park straight after checking in, with coats, hats etc but without bothering to undress from travelling wear and put thermals on or even exchange footwear for warm boots. We stayed out and watched Dreams and we weren't too cold really. Tomorrow we will be properly prepared but are not planning on doing EMH.

We arrived this afternoon and we went out into the park straight after checking in, with coats, hats etc but without bothering to undress from travelling wear and put thermals on or even exchange footwear for warm boots. We stayed out and watched Dreams and we weren't too cold really. Tomorrow we will be properly prepared but are not planning on doing EMH.

Much warmer this morning - no frozen cars -have a wonderful time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter