OMG!!!! I know Disney could not have done this!!!!!

I assume this is related to the Star Wars breakfasts in May.

Correct. And they are fine moving the reservations. I think people forget that Disney is a business. They have an idea like the Star Wars b-fasts that will make them a TON of money. They got a date and need to move some reservations to make it happen.

So some reservations like the op get bumped. It happens. While it might annoy the op, they won't suffer any negative effects. The star wars bfast will sell out and if the op does not take the later reservation, you 100% know another family will.

Good business move

Correct. And they are fine moving the reservations. I think people forget that Disney is a business. They have an idea like the Star Wars b-fasts that will make them a TON of money. They got a date and need to move some reservations to make it happen.

So some reservations like the op get bumped. It happens. While it might annoy the op, they won't suffer any negative effects. The star wars bfast will sell out and if the op does not take the later reservation, you 100% know another family will.

Good business move

You hit the nail on the head. This is why I posted that it most be worth it to Disney even knowing they are going to upset a lot of people. Sure enough when I heard about the Character breakfast I knew right away the reason behind the madness. It's all about supply and demand. To put it simply what it all boils down to is Disney is a buisness and will do what makes the most money for them. Where I think they made their mistake was not offering the people whom had booked the opportunity to keep their reservations like others had said. This was a bad move on their part. They could have kept many more people happy and still made the almighty dollar. But then again the people who did not book ahead of time would be upset that they did not have a fair chance at a time slot so may be there is no good way to go about it. At least they could have been honest and told the people who had been moved out of their time slot the true reason why this was being done. They should have also explained to them the day they can call to try to get new reservations. That would eleveate some of the anger and still give everyone a fair chance.

I have been trying for quite a while to get a ADR at Sci Fi - Anytime during the week of May 17-21. I am checking a few times every day and nothing......:sad:

Oh I am so sorry. We are planning on canceling our 3:05 but it is for Friday May 16th. if you can swing going then let me know and I will wait to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter