OMG!!!! I know Disney could not have done this!!!!!

Looks like the time that it is impacting is throughout the SWW's however,the change is happening during the week as well. Hopefully, we will find out soon. I know we all are just getting more curious as time passes

Finally got me phone call about the change. I love that they tell you to call to see about another time. I going during SWW and I doubt there will be another opening unless I change it to another day.

It's all of May, possibly all of June. All reservations before noon. Not just the weeks that have SWW.

I don't think it's the number in your party. Disney called me today and we are going at the end of May and same thing happened to us. There's only 2 in our party - me and my daughter...

I received the call on Friday. Our reservation was for 11:30 on May 28 and was moved to 1:35. We have dinner at 7 so I guess I will keep it, but still it's very irritating.

We have 7 people in our party which could be the problem. Reguardless we set this up 180 days in advance and should get priority. When I called I did speak with a manager. He said there was nothing he can do and I can not call the restraunt directly. I demanded I talk to some one who could fix it. I asked him if HE could call the restraunt directly in which he did. They are supose to call me back tomorrow some time. I will be guarding the phone. Don't get me wrong I am flexible and I understand they could be changes and that nothing is written in stone however to move us soooo far from our original reservation is just unexceptable. Unfortunitly we have not even got to Disney yet and we have had several bumps in the road already. The Poly construction so switch our resort reservation, Remmy no longer at the French Restraunt, so switched our dining reservation, MK construction, and Downtown Disney construction. I am almost afraid to find out what is next!!! Wish me luck tomorrow. I will post the result.

really? boo I booked a ressie with Chef De France specifically for Remi.

Remy has been gone since late October. If you booked Chefs only to see Remy, you will probably want a different restaurant.

really? boo I booked a ressie with Chef De France specifically for Remi.

As stated above unfortunitly Remi is gone. That was another disappointment. for us. I started a thread on the subject when I was first trying to get information. From what I have been told Remi was "acting up" to often. It sounds like you are not "stuck" to making your reservations at DHS so you will at least have more flexability. So sorry for informing you of the bad news but better to find out now while you can still change your reservation.

Looks like the time that it is impacting is throughout the SWW's however,the change is happening during the week as well. Hopefully, we will find out soon. I know we all are just getting more curious as time passes

My curiousity may have just hit upon the answer. I was checking out the Star Wars thread and ran accross a link with the heading: New Star Wars Character Meals added to Star Wars Weekend. This is to start May 4th. Looks like they will start booking the character meals starting tomorrow for dinner at Hollywood and Vine and BREAKFAST at SCI FI. So there you have it. I bet this is why they have made the changes. I wish I knew how to post the link.

It's not just weekends for the breakfast. It's every day between May 4 and June 15 for the Star Wars character breakfast. This is with classic Star Wars characters.

There is also a dinner at Hollywood & Vine with Disney characters in Star Wars costumes. It's possible this is just weekends.

Both options are really expensive. But something that has been long awaited. They will fill up.

If you want to book, they're not booking online - you need to call.

we got a ADR for Sci Fi at 9:10 am fair and square. We won't be taking anyone spot now and my kids will have the experience of a life time. I posted some where else about every cloud has it silver lining and for once this happened for us. A bad thing turning into something GREAT!!!

we got a ADR for Sci Fi at 9:10 am fair and square. We won't be taking anyone spot now and my kids will have the experience of a life time. I posted some where else about every cloud has it silver lining and for once this happened for us. A bad thing turning into something GREAT!!!

I'm happy this has worked out for you. You are correct that your kids will have the experience of a life time and I am so jealous. I have two sons who are Star Wars fans and would love to do this. I am hoping to be able to take them to SWW next year and maybe they will offer this again. Enjoy your trip and this special moment.

In my opinion, they should have called people in the 11:00 to 12:00 time frame, advised them they were changing it to a Star Wars meal and that the price would be different, and asked if they wanted to keep their ADR or cancel. If it had been me, I would have absolutely jumped at the chance to keep the Star Wars character meal and would have had no issue about eating breakfast food instead of lunch. I would have been absolutely thrilled and considered it a big bonus!

I have been trying for quite a while to get a ADR at Sci Fi - Anytime during the week of May 17-21. I am checking a few times every day and nothing......:sad:

I have been trying for quite a while to get a ADR at Sci Fi - Anytime during the week of May 17-21. I am checking a few times every day and nothing......:sad:
from my understanding you have to call for SW reservation. I booked it about an hour ago for the 22nd.

I do not see any issues with it, but I am in the hospitality field so maybe a different viewpoint.

At some point, they have make the change to the new opening time. So those reservations get bumped. The earliest sounds like 3pm. that simple.

I mean things happen. Just because you have a reservation and now they are not open then, you gotta move to the next open slot.

I do not see any issues with it, but I am in the hospitality field so maybe a different viewpoint.

At some point, they have make the change to the new opening time. So those reservations get bumped. The earliest sounds like 3pm. that simple.

I mean things happen. Just because you have a reservation and now they are not open then, you gotta move to the next open slot.

They bumped the OP because they decided to do a Star Wars character breakfast.

OP, I agree with a PP who said that they should have given you the option of upgrading to that experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter