OMG -- I just spent $100 on a pair of Keen's!

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
And they are worth every penny!:cloud9: For those of you riding the fence, I recommend them! I was hesitant to pay that much for a pair of sandals, but my feet were desperately in need of a new pair of sandals. I saw on this board that several of you recommended them, so off I went to try them on. Heaven...

And they are worth every penny!:cloud9: For those of you riding the fence, I recommend them! I was hesitant to pay that much for a pair of sandals, but my feet were desperately in need of a new pair of sandals. I saw on this board that several of you recommended them, so off I went to try them on. Heaven...

I spent $80 on a pair of Taos sandals from the Walking Company (they were cuter than the Merrell's) I don't regret it one bit. They were the only pair of shoes I wore while walking all over the Disney World Parks and my legs, feet, and back felt great while we were there. It pays to invest a little more in your shoes.

Glad you like the Keens, I almost got me some too.

Ang

I have a couple pairs and like them a lot. However, be warned, they do get hot.

Good luck with them - hubby and I spent $300.00 ($100.00 x 3 pairs) based on the DISboards and they are the most uncomfortable shoes we have both every worn! They are very expensive garden shoes...

Hope your feet like them, Tiger

Good luck with them - hubby and I spent $300.00 ($100.00 x 3 pairs) based on the DISboards and they are the most uncomfortable shoes we have both every worn! They are very expensive garden shoes...

Uh oh, I just bought bought three pair too - two for the kids and one for the hubby...

Are you sure you have them on tight enough? They really should be SNUG and then they feel fantastic. I love them and they really are the only shoe I have worn in Disney without feeling like I want to chew my own feet off.

They do get warm- but I just get them wet when they are feeling hot. We are all getting new pairs for our trip. Love love love them.
Oh and I prefer the Venice H2's for my wide foot while my daughter's narrow foot does better in the Newports.

I'm right in there w/you. I do feel very bad for those that dont love them - as that's an expensive loss.....but for those of us who they are good for...they are VEEEEERRRRRY VERRRRRRY good!!:cloud9::lovestruc For mayn years now they are all that touch my or Dh's feet for the entire summer and much of the rest of the year too! He doesnt even have to wear his prescription orthotics when he wears his!:)

Enjoy!

For mayn years now they are all that touch my or Dh's feet for the entire summer and much of the rest of the year too! He doesnt even have to wear his prescription orthotics when he wears his!:)

This is so what I am hoping. My husband and I just bought a pair each on Friday. His was on sale -$70 from $110 - and than rang up at $35! Mine cost $100.

They feel snug around the foot and very comfortable, but I'm a little worried about the arch support. Better than most sandles (ie, they aren't flat!) but the support is not as good as my running shoes.

I wear a women's size 7 1/2 and was able to get a child's size 5. They cost less than $60 and look a lot like the adult size, as far as I can tell. Anyone else ever try this?

I have a couple pairs and like them a lot. However, be warned, they do get hot.

Really? Which style do you have? I have the Keen Whisper (pale greenish color w/a light gray bottom) and have never had a issue with "hotness". I LOVE mine BTW. Worth every penny IMO!

My feet get hot in them, too. Maybe I need to get a style with less straps. I haven't worn them to Disney because of the hot feet factor!

I love my Keen's! They fit like a glove. I bought them the day before my trip to disney and wore them the entire time. I never thought they got my feet hot. Much better than what sneakers would have been.

The pair I got was waterproof too!

Are you sure you have them on tight enough? They really should be SNUG and then they feel fantastic. I love them and they really are the only shoe I have worn in Disney without feeling like I want to chew my own feet off.

They do get warm- but I just get them wet when they are feeling hot. We are all getting new pairs for our trip. Love love love them.
Oh and I prefer the Venice H2's for my wide foot while my daughter's narrow foot does better in the Newports.

They are on properly. They also feel like ovens on our feet - we seriously died in them in July. They hurt our feet, felt like ovens and were just plain horrible. Both of us have come to the same conclusion.

Uh oh, I just bought bought three pair too - two for the kids and one for the hubby...

I hope they work out well for you all!

Tiger

i spent a whole $5 at old navy and got 2 pairs of flip flops :-)

I could get 40 pairs for $100

You must be young and have good feet! :lmao: My feet hurt so bad from wearing my Skechers flip-flops. I wake up in the morning and they hurt even before I step on them. But this morning I woke up with NO pain and that's because I had worn my Keen's all day yesterday. :cloud9:

And my podiatrist would tell you that one day, those $2.50 flip flops will prove to be the most expensive shoes you ever wore. I speak from experience...:rolleyes1

When my 8 year old was a baby, I broke several bones in my foot. That turned into RSD and later arthritis. We went to WDW when he was 2 and my foot was in agony. Shortly before going again when he was 4, someone recommended Keens. I bought a pair of sandals for that trip and wound up wearing them the entire time. My feet got hot (it was June), but that was easily handled. Now, almost all the shoes I wear are Keens. I have 5 pairs of winter ones and 4 pairs of summer ones. :goodvibes

I watch for sales to save money.

It's funny, my kids and I love them but my DH does not find them as comfortable as i do. But, he has wide feet.

I considered Keens but finally decided to go with Tevas because they felt better when I tried them on and they cost far less! So far so good.

I second the recommendation to look in the kid's department! I wear a women's 8/8 1/2 and the kid's 6 fits me perfectly! I paid $50 for Newports that would have been at least $86 in the adult department!!!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2

I tried the Whisper in the adult section and they weren't as comfy as the Newport. I have bone spurs, plantar faciitis and arthritis - I can wear the Newports all day and be happy.

--HTH,

Hillary

I tried the Whisper in the adult section and they weren't as comfy as the Newport. I have bone spurs, plantar faciitis and arthritis - I can wear the Newports all day and be happy.

--HTH,

Hillary

I agree that the Whispers aren't as comfortable; they were loose and not as much support. The Venice H2 fits me like a glove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter