OMG!! I just saw a mouse in my house....and his name ain't Mickey!!

Pooh's Pal

Soon to be dancing with My Pal Po
Sitting here in my family room just DISing and I hear a noise coming from the kitchen. Sounds like the dog dish...the same noise I hear when my little dog eats, so I think "Beethoven" is finishing his dinner. Well I look down and at my feet AND there is my Beethoven...sleeping! I quietly get out of my computer chair and look into the kitchen and there is a mouse, stealing the "Kibbles & Bits" right out of the dog dish!! I step into the kitchen and he scurries under my kitchen cabinets! Probably down in my cellar by now! I am freaking out. :scared1:
I'm sitting here with my feet up in my computer chair with my toes curled!! (creepy!!)
I was wondering why I've been finding pieces of my dogs food outside of his dish..thought he was getting kind of sloppy! And he's been awfully tired at night, thinking it was just old age...he must be going nuts when I am at work.....(dog chases mouse around the house)! It's been cold around here lately...that mouse must of wanted to come in a warm up!
I just threw out the dog food and I put any snacks away (I just bought a dozen of Krispy Kremes...I'll be dammed if he gets to them!!!)and put a trap out.. I'll be happy, but will die in the am if he's in it!! Yuck!
Here's hoping I can sleep tonight!!:sad2:

Tell that doggie to "Get him!!".

We have that problem all the time :rolleyes:
Just found a "present" one kittie brought to share yesterday.

We did have a time where the food was disappearing fast and I was finding it piled in the cupboard under the sink :eek:

I sympathize with you. My Mickey brought me a dead mouse and a live one. I don't mind the dead ones but when the live ones start running around my kitchen, I am heading for a chair!

Borrow a cat!!:cat:
Just make sure it isn't allergic to mice first! :earseek:
My parents found out their's was allergic after he became ill from eating the mouse that got in their house. (At least they are pretty sure that is what happened because the mouse is gone:crazy: )

We just had a run in with some uninvited house guests this week too. Found a pile of dog food stashed in the pantry. One good thing is our dog thinks he is a cat and likes to catch mice. So he has been crazy running them and we caught 3 so far (in the mouse trap), so hoping that was the entire family.

Melinda

you guys are lucky,, we have 5 cats,, tht we claim,, several strays hang around the outdoor feeders,, a dog,, and several mice,, we finnally just gave up and named teh mice affter we caught the oldest cat,, she lives here and lets us use the house as long as we pay the 3 can a day rent she requires, playing with the mice in the kitchen,, she wasnt tryingto catch em,, guesss she not fond of te taste, was just doing the stare em out thing,, the mouse was stareing back,,lol,, both just sat there,, at least till shadow kitty( 20 lb black long haired persian, hes my buddy) came into trhe room and started complaining .. mouse then dissappeared back into the wall and all was well,,

still w onders why there isnta mouse flavored cat food,
and how this many cat lovers ended up on a bb dedicated to a 4 ft mouse:)

Well.....I set the only trap I had in the house last night and had one in the trap this am...gotta love that creamy peanut butter!!
I stopped by the store on my way home tonight and got 4 more traps......I get that whole dang family tonight!!!:mad:
Poor dog....he looks so tired...must of been chasing em' all day! yeah right! They probably have him in the palm of their little paws!!!
1_dogm.gif

Okay...saw the little bugger tonight....I walked into the kitchen and he/she surried under the cabinet/stove. I set a trap and put in on the kitchen floor. Then I heard that "dog dish" noise again while I was DISing! So I got up and went to the kitchen...the trap was there, but the peanut butter was gone. I didn't put that much on....should I put on alot?

Freaking out here!!!:eek:

i know how you feel. The first time i saw a mouse in the house i completely went ballistic. I ran upstairs and refused to come down all day. What i found out is mice LOVE dogfood!!! There is something in the aroma that attracts them. First store your dogfood in an airtight plastic container, try not to leave the food out. If your dog is like mine and snacks, try to get him on a schedule so you can feed him and put it right away. I also make sure not to keep any water in the bowl at night. ::MickeyMo

I see one in our living room every once in a while. It's no wonder, with all the dog food downstairs, kids food that gets "lost" in the house, we keep the meesies well fed and happy. Plus, neither DH nor I can kill anything, just don't have the heart for it. We have a humane trap that we used to set a few years ago, and when we would catch one DH would set it free in the woods across the street. We had about 20 "notches" on that trap from the number of catches. I thought DH should mark the little bugger with white paint, because I was sure it was the same one coming back for more!! I think I'd better find the trap for the one in the living room. I'm not afraid of him, but he does startle me when I see him run out of the corner of my eye...:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter