OMG Closing of the Olympic is SAD!

I have to say I didn't "get" the Closing Ceremonies. I know it's supposed to be a party, but Russell as Willy Wonka? Didn't work for me. I was psyched to see Annie Lennox (loved her growing up) but I guess I got old, it didn't excite me. I didn't watch much else, so it's not fair to say I didn't like the whole thing.

I also didn't "get" the Opening Ceremonies, but then again, I was watching from a room in the ER with the little sound box on the bed for volume so I pretty much didn't hear anything. I was SO hoping to be blown away, I love most things British! Tea, Dr.Who, accents, need I go on??? :lovestruc

The WORST part of the closing ceremony was when I heard some announcer (Seacrest) say they would see us in Sochi as NBC was the host for that too. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Probably because even in the UK the majority of people never heard of Bauhaus or Siouxsie. In the US I'd say less than 1%. I enjoyed the goth part and agree Siouxsie would have been a good choice in other circumstances, but not at the Olympics.

Jim

How could people in the uk not know of Souxsie and/or Bauhaus? I knew of them in the US almost 30 years ago- I knew many many people that knew them even back then, so that 1% figure would be off.

Kate Bush should have been there! Or Florence and the Machine.. but i think Flo is on tour right now.

I loved most of the closing ceremony, there were a couple of things I could have done without. The supermodels celebrating London fashion didn't really seem to fit in IMO. One of the things that stood out for me was the image of the burning Phoenix as the flame was extinguished and Darcy Bussell 'flew' from the roof as Take That were singing!! :thumbsup2

I loved the closing ceremonies. I knew all of the performers, except Tinie Tempah, and thought it looked like a great party. (I would also have known Bauhaus or Souxsie.)

What I didn't love was NBC's coverage. The didn't show, nor mention, Muse at all. Who else did the cut? And cutting away for over an hour, especially when the whole thing was tape delayed anyway, was just stupid!

How could people in the uk not know of Souxsie and/or Bauhaus? I knew of them in the US almost 30 years ago- I knew many many people that knew them even back then, so that 1% figure would be off.

Kate Bush should have been there! Or Florence and the Machine.. but i think Flo is on tour right now.

The Closing Ceremonies included playing a new version of Kate Bush's 'Running Up That Hill'; however NBC cut this song along with cutting Ray Davies singing 'Waterloo Sunset'.

I was so disappointed because they are two of my favorite performers and I kept waiting to see/hear their songs.

Also, NBC cut a performance by the Royal Ballet -- which is where the huge phoenix came from. When Take That performed, my family couldn't figure out the point of the phoenix, but it was part of the Ballet's performance.

The Closing Ceremonies included playing a new version of Kate Bush's 'Running Up That Hill'; however NBC cut this song along with cutting Ray Davies singing 'Waterloo Sunset'.

I was so disappointed because they are two of my favorite performers and I kept waiting to see/hear their songs.

Also, NBC cut a performance by the Royal Ballet -- which is where the huge phoenix came from. When Take That performed, my family couldn't figure out the point of the phoenix, but it was part of the Ballet's performance.

the legend of the phoenix/firebird is that the flame will not die but be "reborn" in Sochi!!!!:) I loved that part and am glad I stopped to watch it during live feed - now wish I had watched the entire thing on live feed.

At first NBC was not even going to do the live feed, seemed to be a last minute decision. They should have let us know it was not going to be shown in full that night, so more of us could have made the decision to follow the feed. They also should make it available again, and not ONLY as a DVD to purchase!!!!

another huge fan of Kate Bush here - having her appear would have been amazing!!! Siouxie Sioux would have been cool also!!!

Now I'm sad. Missed a Royal Ballet performance & music from Kate Bush. I thought that was a phoenix hanging there & wondered if we weren't missing something.

Back in the day I wouldn't have cared, because CBC wouldn't have left me out of the loop & I could really enjoy the Olympics. I know NBC has the rights for far too long yet, but I'm hoping CBC might get the Canadian rights back.

Now I'm sad. Missed a Royal Ballet performance & music from Kate Bush. I thought that was a phoenix hanging there & wondered if we weren't missing something.

Back in the day I wouldn't have cared, because CBC wouldn't have left me out of the loop & I could really enjoy the Olympics. I know NBC has the rights for far too long yet, but I'm hoping CBC might get the Canadian rights back.

I think you are in luck, I seem to remember reading in the news that CBC got the rights to Sochi and Rio.

See that gets me angry, first they cut Kate, and they used Running up that hill?... I can't stand that song.

I was wondering where the Cure was as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter