OMG! Cabana available at 90 days!

Valley Twin

Chief Curmudgeon
non-concierge trip on Wonder starting 2/11/15 - second half of B2B. Logged in this morning at 6:00 to do online check in and book some port activities and cabana 19 on Serenity Beach was available!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay:

Of course I snagged that puppy up! Now I just have to talk myself into justifying the cost and not canceling it! We're at CC on the last day of our first cruise and the first day of our second.

When I logged in for our Jan 2 trip check-in, there were two on SB - at 8am. We have two kids, so that would not have worked for us.

My wife and I had that cabana this past September. We actually had it booked through shoreside (we were staying concierge) and then decided to cancel it not long after we had it booked. Then, we decided we did want it, but by then it was gone. I decided to give it one last look at 4 days out and there it was. We LOVED it.

Justifying the cost took a while. But, after breaking it down, it didn't seem so bad. So, if it costs $400 for it, that is $200 per person for the day (works out even better if you have 3 or more people). That means it cost $25 per hour, per person. What I don't get is how people can say that the cabanas cost too much, when at the same time they are also spending much more money in the spa or on other excursions (like some of the dolphin excursions that cost $200 or so per person for 20 minutes with a dolphin). For us it was worth the money to have our own little sanctuary with great service on the beach.

My wife and I had that cabana this past September. We actually had it booked through shoreside (we were staying concierge) and then decided to cancel it not long after we had it booked. Then, we decided we did want it, but by then it was gone. I decided to give it one last look at 4 days out and there it was. We LOVED it.

Justifying the cost took a while. But, after breaking it down, it didn't seem so bad. So, if it costs $400 for it, that is $200 per person for the day (works out even better if you have 3 or more people). That means it cost $25 per hour, per person. What I don't get is how people can say that the cabanas cost too much, when at the same time they are also spending much more money in the spa or on other excursions (like some of the dolphin excursions that cost $200 or so per person for 20 minutes with a dolphin). For us it was worth the money to have our own little sanctuary with great service on the beach.

Sounds like you are still trying to justify spending that $400....

For some the few thousand they spend to get on the boat is the majority of their cost, for others it might be just the down payment as SPA, Upscale Dinning, Excursions, High-end Purchases.... might well exceed and surpass the cabin cost. Simple different people have different budgets and views of "what is worth it". So for some the cabanas are too expensive, no matter how you try to break it down. For others it is money the see as well spent. And both are correct.

We are also on this cruise. Gold members, but we were on The Fantasy last week when our 105 mark hit. I figured no way are we going to snag one on family beach because its appears to be a heavily booked cruise.
Got home Saturday and I went on and was shocked to find #8 still available.
Grabbed it as fast as I could. We are sailing with our grandkids this time. :)

We were in #21(which is now marked #25 when you get to the island) on Friday and had a wonderful time.
This will be our 5th time with a cabana, we love them.

Enjoy :goodvibes

Non-concierge and I snagged a cabana today 23 days from sailing. Really, really excited!!!:cool1::cool1:

We are also on this cruise. Gold members, but we were on The Fantasy last week when our 105 mark hit. I figured no way are we going to snag one on family beach because its appears to be a heavily booked cruise.
Got home Saturday and I went on and was shocked to find #8 still available.
Grabbed it as fast as I could. We are sailing with our grandkids this time. :)

Non-concierge and I snagged a cabana today 23 days from sailing. Really, really excited!!!:cool1::cool1:

Hmmm. Perhaps the inevitable has happened and Disney has finally outpriced themselves :rolleyes:

We are cruising on 2/21 on the Fantasy and as a Gold member I couldn't get a cabana logging on the minute I possibly could. That's awesome you got one!! I'll keep trying multiple times a day until we sail to see if one pops up. Once you've convinced yourself the price isn't too expensive and try it, you want one every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter