OMG $1000 for a STROLLER

cheerforchelsea

DIS Veteran
This Disney new Grandmother is in SHOCK!! We are planning a trip to WDW in November when new Granddaughter will be 6 months old. I am looking for a stroller that is good for now and later trips to WDW. I looked at BuyBuyBaby and strollers start at $1000.....I was shocked. PLEASE my DisFriends point me in the right direction...Of course I want as cheap as possible but something that is easy to fold, comfortable for infant and grows with them. Regular stroller/travel system is Chicco and it is just too big and clumsy for the busses. THANKS YALL!!

I just checked and they have strollers as low as 16.49 on there, they just aren't sorted according to lowest to highest price, which makes it harder to find. A lot of people on here like the city mini it seems like, but I would think if you just go to Babies R Us or Target or something you could find a reclining umbrella stroller or something cheap and easy to fold.

our umbrella stroller is a Maclaren triumph. It's really easy to fold up and it's comfortable for DD. We added a net bag that hangs from the handles and that gives us plenty of storage.

for $1000, that stroller would have to have a seat for me as well, and push itself!!

Shop at albeebaby.com and you'll save money over buybuybaby.

We like our Peg P3 for the parks (lays nearly flat for an infant, has an umbrella fold, big canopy, plus includes a tray/cup holder for baby snacking.

Another popular option is the Baby Jogger City Mini. The tray is a separate expense and I'm not sure if the recline is as good, but people love how easily it folds.

Either stroller can be had at albeebaby for around $200.

We always choose Maclaren or Chicco! If you like the Chicco brand, Babies R Us has the Chicco umbrella stroller that comes with a sleeve to carry it in for flights, and I believe a rain cover too. We used to have this one, but I'm 5'8 and kept kicking the back of the wheels...drives me crazy. I believe it's around $70. Maclaren is my 1st choice and they will range from the Volo at Target/Babies R Us hovering around $100 with other models up to almost $300. We've found the Volo, Quest, and Triumph models to be our favorite. Fyi, the Volo does not recline though, but does have a deep seat, imo, and I've seen infants in them. They are all extremely lightweight and what we push our 5 year old around in at Disney World. Good luck!

We also have a Peg P3. I love this thing. it is light weight, folds up like an umbrella. DD loves it too! It is the only stroller we will need for her. She has been using since she was about a month old. It has a five point harness that you can unhook from the back so she can move around but still have the safety of the five point harness. It also lays almost flat and the canopy is HUGE! The only issue is the small basket that is accessible from the sides only. But the diaper bag hangs off the back. There are little hooks for them. We rarely use the basket.

http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-p3-strollers.html

I LOVE LOVE my baby jogger city mini stroller. You can find the 2010 pretty cheap now on ebay/albeebaby.com

Shop at albeebaby.com and you'll save money over buybuybaby.

We like our Peg P3 for the parks (lays nearly flat for an infant, has an umbrella fold, big canopy, plus includes a tray/cup holder for baby snacking.

Another popular option is the Baby Jogger City Mini. The tray is a separate expense and I'm not sure if the recline is as good, but people love how easily it folds.

Either stroller can be had at albeebaby for around $200.

I also have the Perego Pliko P3. I love it. I purchased mine from Albeebaby.

I know a lot of people love/like Maclaren strollers but I didn't like them. If you do like that style look at the Britax Blink at www.albeebaby.com as they are on sale for $70 and have more features than the Maclaren Volo which is about the same price.

I just wanted to add that my niece's have used the P3 for a few trips to WDW. The oldest one was almost 6 yrs old when she last used it and fit fine in it. It has a great recline so it will work well for babies also. There is even a foot board on the back so an older child can hitch a ride while a younger child sits in front. The 5-pt harness is one of a kind-it has freedom movement, the child is not stuck sitting with their back against the seat. I believe Perego is the only stroller to have this.

Wow, my $220 City Mini is seeming so inexpensive now!! :thumbsup2 Seriously, though, you can get a fantastic stroller for a lot less than $1000. (you can get 3-4 really good ones for that much and have one for every occasion!! ;))

Our Maclaren Quest has made about a dozen trips to WDW worked great but it's on its last legs. Just got a City Mini for new baby and our trip to DL. We can easily still push with DS at 45lbs. Has a huge sunshade and a good recline.

We have the Joovy Caboose in black/yellow. It came with an attachment for a carseat (my kids didn't need it by then) and it's great because our oldest could ride on the back when he was exhausted and had a spot to sit while we were waiting for the parades. My youngest had a comfortable seat that reclined a bit and had a canopy. And the bright (very bright!) color was a major plus - we saw parents searching for their re-sorted strollers after every ride and we were able to spot ours as soon as we got to the stroller areas. We proclaimed it the "Disney Stroller" on that trip and it will be going with us this trip as well :).

This Disney new Grandmother is in SHOCK!! We are planning a trip to WDW in November when new Granddaughter will be 6 months old. I am looking for a stroller that is good for now and later trips to WDW. I looked at BuyBuyBaby and strollers start at $1000.....I was shocked. PLEASE my DisFriends point me in the right direction...Of course I want as cheap as possible but something that is easy to fold, comfortable for infant and grows with them. Regular stroller/travel system is Chicco and it is just too big and clumsy for the busses. THANKS YALL!!

Have you thought of renting a stroller while in WDW can find them thru all ears.net they have a place on there. then your own will just be for home. if you rent off site they will deliver to resort and you will have entire time until you leave:banana: and then have the new one for home. or my daughter bought one from resale shop just for traveling as they get tossed around a lot on the planes.:worship:

The chicco one is pretty light compared to most to be honest. (Definately lighter than the ones that are rented at orlando stroller.) If you want something lighter you are looking more at an umbrella style stroller. We like the Macclaren for less than $300 you can have a "pimped" out one. ;)

I'm not sure at 6 months that it lays flat enough for naps though and while we like ours at home it doesn't have the cup holders and such that are useful in the parks. A stroller that is going to have the padding and comfort level with the storage and cupholders is going to be a bit bulkier.

We bring our bob or valco which are both under $1000 but rather pricey still. They are not light though and definately not any bulkier than a standard stroller but they push much better, have lots of storage and navigate much easier.

I'd ask your dd/ddil? what type of stroller she is looking for.... or I'd rent for this trip. What she thinks she needs now will change in the next 6 months.... especially if she is a first time mom. But have no fear grandma, no need to spend $1000!!! YIKES!

The chicco one is pretty light compared to most to be honest. (Definately lighter than the ones that are rented at orlando stroller.) If you want something lighter you are looking more at an umbrella style stroller. We like the Macclaren for less than $300 you can have a "pimped" out one. ;)

I'm not sure at 6 months that it lays flat enough for naps though and while we like ours at home it doesn't have the cup holders and such that are useful in the parks. A stroller that is going to have the padding and comfort level with the storage and cupholders is going to be a bit bulkier.

We bring our bob or valco which are both under $1000 but rather pricey still. They are not light though and definately not any bulkier than a standard stroller but they push much better, have lots of storage and navigate much easier.

I'd ask your dd/ddil? what type of stroller she is looking for.... or I'd rent for this trip. What she thinks she needs now will change in the next 6 months.... especially if she is a first time mom. But have no fear grandma, no need to spend $1000!!! YIKES!
The chicco in the travel system weighs 23lbs. The city mini weighs 16. I definitely considered the city mini, but ended up with a retired Peg. www.albeebaby.com will definitely help, as others have said. We just took our Peg and were really happy because it has a great sunshade (the updated version is the Vela, I believe, but I'm not sure if the shade is as good as on the aria-both were around $100). The city mini has a great shade, as well. You won't have to spend anywhere near $1000, though.

Good luck, and enjoy that grandbaby!! We just got back from a trip with DS15mos, my dad, and my grandmother. It was lots of fun!

There are defiantly great options out there for less than $1000..... I love my stroller(s), but it took me a few purchases before I found 'the one'. We have a Baby Jogger City Select for our everyday around the city stuff and an Uppa Baby G-Luxe umbrella stroller for quick trips and for situations where I'm not really sure if we'll need a stroller.
When we go to Disney we rent a City Mini thru Magic Strollers and think it's a great Disney stroller. As I said before, there are great options out there, but I wouldn't look at an umbrella style stroller because I don't think they offer enough support for long days in the parks and I think 6 months is too young for one.
Also, talk with your daughter or daughter-in-law before you buy anything... Happy shopping!

albeebaby has the best selection online; no tax and no shipping charges.

Higher-end strollers are redesigned once a year, like cars, and if you buy last season after the new ones come out, you can save a fortune.

Note that $1000 list is the highest of the higher end if you are talking about a single stroller. Even a Bugaboo Cameleon is under $900. (Designer doubles and triples hit the $1K mark more often.) What you might have seen was a situation where the stroller was not in stock yet and not available for preorder -- some websites will mark those by plugging in an absurdly high price as a placeholder.

If you are not great with heavy loads, I'd advise you to spend enough to get one with a lightweight all-aluminum chassis and good suspension; it will make a difference in terms of being able to steer and push it easily when fully loaded. If you anticipate using it frequently in theme parks reached via bus, stick to an umbrella-fold design; they are more compact on public transportation.

For a good lightweight all-around that will work from birth and does not require bending to fold, my best mainstream recommendation is probably going to be the Pliko Mini, or if you want better suspension, a Pliko Si. (I'm a big fan of Macs for the parks, but only the heaviest of them have full recline.) Either of these will set you back a little more than $150 if you hunt for the best deal.

If you want to really see what's out there, go and look at Strollerqueen's site. www.strollerqueen.com The pick o' the month and 5 crown rating sections are free to look at.

Definately a city moni. Lots of storage, easy to fold and get on a bus and comfy for the kids...at least that's what my daughter tells me. :thumbsup2

Adding another vote for the Peg P3! LOVE ours!!!! It's going on it's 4th WDW trip next month. Ours was from the previous year so we got it for a a nice price on albeebaby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter