Omaha Steaks...

ilovepcot

<font color=purple>Caused the first ever Tag Fairy
DH had meat shipped by air from Colorado for Christmas...elk, white tail deer and bison. He was on fire to try it and now he has. It was so-so. Now he wants to order some Omaha steaks. I've been tempted over the years but never followed through. Are they really any better than a good quality steak you can buy at your local grocery store?

I've made the switch to grass-fed beef from a local farm and it's amazing. Much better for you and usually more humanely raised. The treatment of feedlot cattle is deplorable and I refuse to buy it anymore.

I get Omaha all the time............but wait for the specials to come out and get the combo packs with steak, pork, chicken,fish, hamburger, hot dogs and potatoes for about $50.
We have a store close by so I go get them. Have a lot of free cookbooks and knife sets too :rotfl:
DD loves their burgers.

This is gonna sound weird but i find walmart steaks to be very delicious... cheaper than most other places too... next place i shop at but a little pricey is fresh and easy.

We had a huge package deal from them... and were not at all impressed:( the desserts were yummy, lol! I have to agree with a PP, I would find a local raised place- we did (at our farmers market) and yum!

Have you had bison, elk, or deer from other sources? You can't treat it like beef - not entirely, anyway.

I've made the switch to grass-fed beef from a local farm and it's amazing. Much better for you and usually more humanely raised. The treatment of feedlot cattle is deplorable and I refuse to buy it anymore.

Same here. Same goes for pork and chicken too. Since I have yet to find a good source of natural chicken (small farm, free range), we have simply given up chicken entirely.

Once you've gone the natural route on this stuff, you can't go back. The taste is so different....not to mention that it is far healthier for you, and our environment.

Same here. Same goes for pork and chicken too. Since I have yet to find a good source of natural chicken (small farm, free range), we have simply given up chicken entirely.

Once you've gone the natural route on this stuff, you can't go back. The taste is so different....not to mention that it is far healthier for you, and our environment.

Interesting - so-called "free range chicken" seems more common here than grass fed beef. Admittedly, I'm too cheap to pay the premium :rotfl:

We got them for a gift one year and felt they were pretty good. I don't know that they are worth paying full price but if you buy when they have specials then it may be worth it to you.

kirbydog48 said:

We have done the same thing, the difference is amazing!! I don't even order beef when we eat out anymore, it never tastes as good as what's in my freezer!

We've had Omaha Steaks, but prefer NoName steaks. The flavor and tenderness are phenomenal for the petit cut filets. We end up getting the 12 box special a couple times a year. They also sell online http://www.nonamesteaks.com/. I haven't tried their other products, but their steaks are like butter!:lovestruc

Grass fed convert here. Had some tenderized tri tip tonight, made a stir fry with peppers. Very good.

DH came home with a couple of rib eyes the other night, from a cow raised by one of his clients. No hormones or antibiotics, but grain fed. It was good, but not as good as our angus grass fed beef from the freezer.

I got a GC for Omaha Steaks for Christmas which I have not yet redeemed. I'm not much of a beef eater and was thinking of getting their chicken package (Sesame chicken breasts, Caribbean chicken breasts, Oven Roasted breasts, Mediterranean breasts and chicken skewers w/vegetables).
Does anyone here have any feedback about their chicken?

TIA,

Karen :)

We finally ordered a package that was on sale. Then dh ordered another great deal. He did the 2nd order before we even tried the product-lol!

The other day we had the bacon wrapped filet migon. It was good but small. I even told dh its like a lil tease-lol! We also had the baked potato and it was ok. I think i prefer fresh baked.

Our orders had
filet migon
steaks
pork chops
chicken
hot dogs
hamburgers
baked potato
potato autigan(sp)
apple dessert
chocolate cake
mini cheesecakes

The one thing dh was really happy about was the ice chest it came in. He said those are some good ones-lol!

I do the same thing. There is no taste comparison with local, grass-fed beef to anything I get in restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter