Omaha Steaks?

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever order from Omaha Stakes? We got a promo for what sounds like a good deal....just don't know about the quality vs. the money.

All American Celebration + 4 Free Burgers
4 (5 oz.) Top Sirloins
4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat
4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
8 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
4 (3 oz.) Gourmet Jumbo Franks
8 Potatoes au Gratin

6-Piece Cutlery Set and Cutting Board

Thoughts?:confused3

Yes, DH gets a lot of our meat there. The quality is very good. We have a store nearby so don't order much thru the mail.

On the very rare occasions when we have not liked something, he went in and told them and they either gave a refund or replaced the meat.

Once you get in their system, you get coupons etc so you do keep going back!!! We like it!

Omaha steaks is good quality.

Actual Nebraskans get their steaks from Hollenbeck farms, but I don't know if they ship.

I have gotten boxes of these for a number of years at Christmas. Wasn't really that impressed as I thought the taste and quality would be better.

Love Omaha Steaks. The quality is good. I just hate the shipping charges! Sometimes they seem so outragous.

I like Omaha Steaks' products. My favorite is the sole stuffed with crab and scallops. Had the crab legs for dinner last night. They are always sending out promotions -- free shipping helps a lot. A few years ago my cousin sent us a gift set at Christmas and we've been hooked ever since.

Love Omaha Steaks. The quality is good. I just hate the shipping charges! Sometimes they seem so outragous.

I thought the same about the shipping charges until I researched the price for a shipping cooler (like they use) and dry ice to ship lobsters to a friend (we live in Maine and lobster got down to $3.00 a pound this summer) - the cooler alone was almost $30!!! That wasn't through a shipping company either - it was a wholesale packaging company that we use for our business!! Yikes!! I didn't even bother pricing dry ice!!!

So, now I am not so sure their shipping prices are so bad!! :) (Well, I do think they are high, but I no longer think they're making tons of money off from it!)

Thanks everyone. I think we will give it a try and see if we like it. Sounds like a pretty good price.

Remember to go through Ebates for cash back...they also sent me an email about omaha steaks.
:cool1:

This is the exact package deal I just received in the mail this week from my mother! We have enjoyed their products in the past and imagine we will again. Those potato puffs are yummy and the filet mignons are very good, too.

Anyone ever order from Omaha Stakes? We got a promo for what sounds like a good deal....just don't know about the quality vs. the money.

All American Celebration + 4 Free Burgers
4 (5 oz.) Top Sirloins
4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat
4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
8 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
4 (3 oz.) Gourmet Jumbo Franks
8 Potatoes au Gratin

6-Piece Cutlery Set and Cutting Board

Thoughts?:confused3

What is the price for this?

We had it one time as a very good promotion. I didn't like it enough to order it again. I would kind of forget about them in the freezer, so I think that was part of the problem.

Yeah its usually a pretty good deal. We get Omahasteaks a bout 3 times a year to keep the freezer full but we only eat stakes, burgers etc about once a week or so. Good quality for the price too imo.

I know that these specials from them are heavily discounted, but they are not good deals in any way at all. The price per pound of meat is super high even when discounted. These products have been discussed at length at other saver forums and there are a lot of cheaper and even better quality steaks.

i forget if i can link to outside forums here, but if i can i will go ahead and do so.

Let me know.

I know that these specials from them are heavily discounted, but they are not good deals in any way at all. The price per pound of meat is super high even when discounted. These products have been discussed at length at other saver forums and there are a lot of cheaper and even better quality steaks.

i forget if i can link to outside forums here, but if i can i will go ahead and do so.

Let me know.

I completely agree. You are paying for convenience and decent quality. It is like ordering from Schwan's: The food is "okay", but the prices are heavily inflated so when you break it down per pound you realize it is very expensive. With either of those companies, you are paying the hefty price for convenience, not for quality.

The only thing I have tried from them are the steak burgers. They were a descent price. Flavor was ok. But there are better bugers out there. 500 calories per pattie. Which I didn't realize. Have to cook them on a grill because of the high fat content. If you don't literally stand and watch them cook. They will flame up on you and burn, because they flame up bad. I will not buy the again. The Ohma guy drives a truck through my neighborhood. When I bought them he told me if I didn't like the he would give me my money back. Well he showed up about two months later ask me if I wanted to buy anything else. I told him I didn't like them and wanted to return them and get my money back. Asked me if I still had my receipt. Told him now. Because I paid in cash and he was out of receipts. He said I couldnt get a refund because I didn't have a receipt. I told him not to come back.

My neighbor bought steaks and chops from him when I bought my burgers. He said they were marginnal at best. He said he won't buy from them again either. But we also have a few local butchers within 15 mins in either direction and get great quality meat products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter